• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Laptops in Conferences: A Request from Lisa

In summary, Lisa says that the clicking noise from a laptop is distracting, and she advises not to bring them to workshops. Becky agrees and worries that she might lose her laptop if something happens. Lisa says that she is always online, so it will be tough for her not to have it.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

I saw on one of the other threads someone mentioned using a laptop to take notes at conference since it is quicker than writing. While I agree it would be great, I am going to ask everyone not to do that. A couple of years ago I was in one of the workshops and there was someone typing away. The clicking noise was very distracting. I had a hard time focusing on the speaker.

Now you still might want to bring your laptop if you would like to type notes in the evening or check emails, but I personally do not bring one. I just don't want something else to carry and keep up with.

Thanks!
Lisa

Good points Lisa. The clicking is distracting.

I'm pretty ADHD, and the clicking may bother me too, but I wouldn't expect others to not bring their laptops because of my distractibility. Maybe, there could be a section in front for laptop users, not that we can do anything about that at this point. I don't think I'll even bring mine because it's too heavy, and I'll be taking the train into the city and probably walking while carting my things. Hopefully the speakers will be so engaging, nothing will distract us from listening.

I don't plan on bringing mine, but if I were to, I would be sure to sit waaaay in the back so I woudldn't disturb anyone.

I was thinking I might bring mine - but only because I am taking the workshop on P3 & PWS, and I thought it might come in handy to have mine with me......but I'm waffling, because it is just one more thing I have to lug around!

ChefBeckyD said:
I was thinking I might bring mine - but only because I am taking the workshop on P3 & PWS, and I thought it might come in handy to have mine with me......but I'm waffling, because it is just one more thing I have to lug around!
exactly what I was thinkin Becky, and don't think I want that extra weight with me!:p

If I knew I could get back to the hotel midday I'd be OK, but its too unpredictable for me and I wouldn't want to be stuck all day.

I am bringing my laptop becasue I have to becasue of school......but I dont' bring it to my workshops with me... I am not looking forward to lugging it around in the airport...:eek: Though I just might tell my Professors that I am goingto be out of town and I won't have access to the net becasue of a work related event.

I would be afraid if I lost it or got stolen!

Yeah that was my worry last year..... so this year I am not even going to touch it!!! Its staying at home in my office!!

I figured better safe than sorry.

PS...

And you all KNOW that I am ALWAYS online, so it will be tough for me to not have it!

I agree with you on that one!!! :)

<giggle> me, too.

must... log... off... to drive... home....

I just realized it was 5!!! CRAP!!!

Its only 2pm here in Oregon....... three more hours of work..... :(

Related to No Laptops in Conferences: A Request from Lisa

1. Why is Lisa requesting no laptops in conferences?

Lisa believes that laptops can be a distraction during conferences and wants everyone to be fully engaged and present in the discussions and activities.

2. Will there be alternative ways to take notes and participate if laptops are not allowed?

Yes, there will be notepads and pens provided for participants to take notes. Additionally, group discussions and activities will encourage active participation from all attendees.

3. Can we still bring our laptops for work purposes during breaks?

While it is preferable to limit laptop usage during the entire conference, we understand that some urgent work matters may arise. You may use your laptop during designated break times.

4. What if I have important work that I need to complete during the conference?

Please try to complete any urgent work before or after the conference. If it cannot be avoided, you may use your laptop during designated break times. However, please try to minimize distractions and be fully present during discussions and activities.

5. Will there be wifi available for those who need to access work-related materials?

Yes, there will be wifi available for all attendees. However, please use it only for work-related purposes during designated break times to minimize distractions for yourself and others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smithcooking
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
cookie325
Replies