• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for New York Style Cheesecake and where can I find it?

In summary, the conversation was about a New York-style cheesecake recipe that someone was looking for. The recipe was found in the book "Delightful Desserts" on page 92. The recipe includes instructions for making the crust and filling, and can be topped with cherry or blueberry pie filling. The conversation ended with a request for more details or a specific name for the recipe so it can be found.
amybee
Does anyone have this recipe? I cannot remember what book its in. I tried to do a recipe search, but it did not come up.

Thanks,
Amy

New York-Style Cheesecake
(Delightful Desserts...pg 92)

Crust
26 regular size butter cookies (about 1 1/4 cups crushed)
4 Tbls butter or margarine, divided

Filling
4 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 Tbls flour
1 tsp lemon zest, finely chopped
1 Tbls lemon juice
4 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 (21 oz) can cherry or blueberry pie filling (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325F. For crust, place cookies in resealable plastic bag; crush into fine crumbs using Baker's Roller. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; add cookie crumbs and mix well.

2. Using Pastry Brush, brush sides of Springform Pan with remaining 1 tablespoon softened butter. Add crumb mixture. Tilt pan to lightly coat sides with crumb mixture. Press remaining loose crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Bake 8 minutes.

3. For filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Add sugar, flour, lemon zest and juice. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer 3 minutes until well blended. Add eggs; ix at low speed 2 minutes. Blend in sour cream and vanilla using Super Scraper.

4. Pour filling into crust. Bake 55-60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Remove from oven to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Immediately run Quikcut Paring Knife around sides of cake to loosen from pan. Cool completely.

5. Release collar from pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, top with pie filling, if desired. Cut into wedges.

Makes 12 servings.

I'm sorry, I do not have a specific recipe to share as I am not sure which recipe you are referring to. Can you please provide more details or a specific name for the recipe? That way, I can try to find it for you. Thank you.

1. What makes New York Style Cheesecake different from other types of cheesecake?

New York Style Cheesecake is known for its rich and dense texture, which comes from using a combination of cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream. It also typically has a thicker crust and is baked at a high temperature, which results in a slightly cracked top.

2. Can I use any type of cream cheese for New York Style Cheesecake?

For the best results, it is recommended to use full-fat cream cheese in New York Style Cheesecake. Reduced fat or non-fat cream cheese can alter the texture and taste of the cheesecake.

3. How should I store New York Style Cheesecake?

New York Style Cheesecake should be stored in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for up to a month. Make sure to thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.

4. Can I add toppings or flavors to New York Style Cheesecake?

Yes, you can add various toppings and flavors to New York Style Cheesecake, such as fruit, chocolate, caramel, or nuts. However, it is important to let the cheesecake cool completely before adding any toppings.

5. How do I prevent my New York Style Cheesecake from cracking?

To prevent cracking, make sure to avoid overbeating the batter and to not open the oven door during baking. It is also helpful to bake the cheesecake in a water bath, which provides a moist environment and helps prevent cracks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amybee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
amybee
  • MissChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tracie
Replies