• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Pampered Chef....haven't Got a Booking Yet....

In summary, the author suggests that a beginner Pampered Chef consultant should:1. Take a catalog show out of their purse EVERYTIME they pay at the store (groceries, etc)2. Do a neighborhood survey to find potential customers3. Ask everyone they know4. Set a goal to get 2 shows on their calender within the next 5 days
afwife98439
Well, I just learned about Pampered Chef. I don't have any of the products but i've used one or two. I don't know very many people around where I live. I just posted a poster in my living room window. I also put some signs in my car window as well. I've asked a couple of family memebers...they still have to get back to me. I haven't even gotten my kit yet. I really want to be successful in this but I'm kind of struggling right now. Any suggestions?

Start with your list of 100 for sure. It will really help you to brainstorm potential bookings.

Do you plan on having a "Grand Opening" show? This has helped a lot of new consultants.

Take a catalog show out of your purse EVERYTIME you pay at the store (groceries, etc) this usually helps start a conversation about PC when the cashier "notices" the catalog. Then you can tell them that you JUST STARTED PC and are looking for people who would be interested in getting FREE products while helping you out (getting your business started) at the same time.

Do you have any out of town friends or family members that would collects orders and have a catalog show for you?

An open house would be great... invite neighbors, even if you don't know them... it'll be a great way to meet them and meet a possible new customer or even recruit! If you have kids, invite their friends' parents... use the 100 list... do the online training that will help you become more comfortable with talking about Pampered Chef and selling yourself. One thing I've found myself doing (I'm new too... been at this for less than 2 months) is getting myself out of my own comfort level. I just sent out invites for a holiday open house and really racked my brain for sending them... I did the obvious friends, family, friends of my kids that I know... neighbors I know and I only came up with about 25! Ugh... But it's getting me comfortable with going to folks I also don't know as well, like neighbors I only know in passing... old friends I haven't spoken to in a while... folks that wouldn't immediately pop to my mind and I'm adding to that list in a hurry... try not to think about asking folks that will say YES... you'll limit yourself and possibly pass over someone who would say yes though you might not think they would. ;)Once you get your kit, USE IT... practice the recipes... use the products and get comfortable with them even just with every day use. My son LOVES scrambled eggs in the morning and they're super fast in the non-stick skillet you'll get and it cleans up really well. By using the products you'll be not only more comfortable with them but more easily able to give your OWN observations, experience and folks can tell when you like something. This stuff practically sells itself when you're comfort using it and relaxed about what you're doing.

afwife98439 said:
Well, I just learned about Pampered Chef. I don't have any of the products but i've used one or two. I don't know very many people around where I live. I just posted a poster in my living room window. I also put some signs in my car window as well. I've asked a couple of family memebers...they still have to get back to me. I haven't even gotten my kit yet. I really want to be successful in this but I'm kind of struggling right now. Any suggestions?

Have you already signed? Talk to your director or recruiter. They should have helped you get your 1st 4 shows lined up before you signed. Don't wait for family (I have beend doing this for almost 5 years...my mom is the only one to have A show...she did only 1)so you will have to go elsewhere.

When I moved 3 years ago, I didn't know anyone so had to start somewhere. I used a neighborhood survey. Look under Files & you will find it. Are you involved in church, school activities, sports, etc? If so, start asking. Also, this time of year the churches & schools are holding their bazaars. Set up a booth. If you can afford to, offer a Free Cooking Show (you bring ingredients). Check here under Files for bookings.

Make sure you ask everyone. Once you get your 1st show, ask every guest. Then do it at the next show and so on.

Work with your recruiter to get started.

Set a goal to get 2 shows on your calender (other than your kick off show or open house) within the next 5 days. If you set a deadline for yourself it's sometimes easier to work on. Good luck! We're here for you! :)

Thank you guys for so many ideas!! I'm hoping to get some replies from family members that I know that would want a show. I was also going to put an ad in the base newspaper thinking that may help to let people know on base that I do PC. I'm not sure what a grand opening is or how to go about doing it but yea...that would be a nice thing to do. Anyways...hopefully I can get a couple people together. Thank you very much for the encouragement!! I really appreciate it!!

i have found with Open houses that i have more success if i do them as a show. only because open house implies stop by whenver, then peopel get busy or tired and not so many show.

when i first started i was new to my area and did not know many people. but i picked up the phone and called a few people and said very enthusiastically I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!! i pretty much followed the script in the recipe for success and it worked.

I also did the 24 booking in 24 hours. i emailed peopel i knew from out of state and got them to do catalog shows and then got several shows from the 24 thing. i am pretty sure it is here on the site somewhere. i am new to the site so i don't know to post yet. if you need it let me know and I can try to figure it out.

While you're waiting on your kit, make room in your kitchen for all the products. And set up an area to keep paperwork organized.

You sound like me when I first started so I'm going to give some advise based on personal experience. Please do not take offense to anything I may say, It is just what I have learned over the course of my PC career.

1st ... do not keep waiting on responses from family and "hoping" they will help. Call them and be specific. Tell them you are really excited about your new business venture and would love for them to be a part of your success. Tell them the dates you want to book (if not they will push you out beyond your 30 days for sure). If they really want to help but truly can not do a show till say May, still put them in your book. Keep in contact and keep filling the dates you have available now. Do not take a "we will see" answer. Give them permission to say no. If they are unable (or unwilling) to help thank them and ask if you can keep them updated on what is going on with PC. Family and close friends are truly the hardest to work with!

2 ... Work with your director/recruiter it is their job to help you get started. Tell them your goals and what you want from your business

3 ... In my experience newspaper adds are a waste of money. Try buying an add in a school publication like a play bill or something like that.

4 ... Make sure everyone you DO know, knows what you do! If they do not want to book a show tell them it is ok but could they help spread the word aboutyour new business venture. Give them a few Mini Catalogs.

5 .. When you get your kit invest in 1 tshirt from our vendor Merril they are $10.00 and they have a shipping discount this month! Also order the catalog tote off your supply order form. It will help get you noticed.

6 ... Look in your local paper for church bazars and holiday expos. there are lots this time of year. You can also ask everyone you know if their church or childs school does anything like this.

The biggest thing to remember is to take controll of your business from the start!

Now not everyone will agree with everything I have said but these are my experiences.

HTH! and good luck!

Is there anyplace we can SEE those catalog totes before ordering? I hate buying blind.

Here is mine.... I have added the pins and charm from NC '07.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/PCmom2/catalogtote.jpg

What service! I love you guys. Thanks Paulette!

You are welcome! I use it everyday I really like it. Much nicer than the tote I had from NC '04.

Do you know many people on base? Plan a holiday cooking/craft class.

Let people know you are starting with PC and are going to practice recipes. Let them critique the recipe and give you ideas about it. This could be a lot of fun; hopefully you will get bookings from it.:D

My question is can you get the kit even if you don't have 4 names and dates? I have loads of people that want to do that catalog thing but I don't know if that works as a show or anything.

Catalog shows count as long as they are over $150 in orders. Yes you can get your kit without having the four shows, it's just harder to qualify if you don't have anything lined up yet.

Yes you can get the kit without the 4 "real" names and dates. But I do not recommend it. My recruiter did not "stress" the get 4 people on the calendar idea. She said oh just pick 4 people and put them in so you can get your kit. She figured I could get the real names later. Well I thought that was the way to do it and I signed up for the kit, recieved it and wanted to wait until after my vacation to look at it. I Went away for a week and when I came back I started looking through the kit. That is when I first learned about the rewards you get as a new consultant. Well my 30 days was almost gone and I had only one show. I was able to get the rewards from the next 60 days, but the rewards are bigger in the first 30 days.
So speaking from experience I would not get the kit until you have 4 people (or more) who will give you a date or commitment for a show.
Yes catalog shows do count. Just like cooking shows the sales have to be at least $150.00 to count.
Hope that helps.

4 firm dates to order
4 more before it gets to you===a Perfect start

1. How do I get started as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Getting started as a Pampered Chef consultant is easy! You can sign up online or through a current consultant. Once you have signed up, you will have access to all of the resources and support you need to start booking parties and growing your business.

2. How do I book my first party?

The best way to book your first party is to reach out to friends and family and ask them to host a party for you. You can also utilize social media to promote your business and reach out to potential hosts. As a new consultant, it's important to be proactive and persistent in booking parties.

3. What if I haven't gotten a booking yet?

Don't get discouraged if you haven't gotten a booking yet. Booking parties takes time and effort, especially as a new consultant. Make sure to utilize all available resources, such as training materials and support from your team leader, to help you book your first party. It may also be helpful to attend local events and networking opportunities to promote your business and connect with potential hosts.

4. How can I increase my chances of getting bookings?

There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting bookings. First, make sure you are actively promoting your business and reaching out to potential hosts. Utilize social media, attend events, and ask for referrals from past hosts. Additionally, make sure you are providing excellent customer service and offering incentives for hosting a party. People are more likely to book a party if they feel like they are getting a great deal or free products.

5. What resources are available to help me succeed as a consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a wide range of resources to help you succeed. This includes training materials, support from your team leader and fellow consultants, online tools and resources, and ongoing training and development opportunities. Make sure to take advantage of these resources to help you grow your business and achieve your goals as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • RMR1984
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • pampered2007