• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Sauces: BBQ and Dessert Reviews and Thoughts

The dessert sauces were both pretty good. The blueberry lemon didn't have to big of a flavor which was nice. The other one was def a little different but still tasty. Not sure if I'll actually use either of them, I'm more of a chocolate person!Yes..that surprised me. I haven't tried any yet, but this is not a flavor or combination that I have EVER heard of, so not sure it would be...
pctharper
Gold Member
Has anyone tried the new BBQ or dessert sauces yet? Thoughts?

We did hamburgers Saturday and used the Carolina Mustard Sauce and the Beer Sauce. Both were yummy!!! I wasn't too sure about the Beer one at first. I had just tasted it plain before I put it on my burger, but then the combination of the meat with the sauce was wonderful! We're trying the Korean this weekend on some chicken. Can't wait!!!

I'm not a drinker so I'm hesitent about the beer sauce. And the Carolina Mustart sauce scared me knowing how the Maple honey mustard sauce is (yuck!). I wanted to hilight some of the new sauces at a show at my product premiere party. I got the Cherry Chipolet in my samples order and wanted to supply order another. Just not sure which one!!!!

With you saying you enjoyed them on burgers, I might fry up a few burgers for people to test (inlaws have a beef farm so they're in ample supply around here!) and maybe chicken for the other saue.

We made the BBQ Chicken Pizza on the grill last night and used the Beer Barbecue sauce. The sauce was sweet and the pizza in general was very good.

pctharper said:
I'm not a drinker so I'm hesitent about the beer sauce. And the Carolina Mustart sauce scared me knowing how the Maple honey mustard sauce is (yuck!). I wanted to hilight some of the new sauces at a show at my product premiere party. I got the Cherry Chipolet in my samples order and wanted to supply order another. Just not sure which one!!!!

With you saying you enjoyed them on burgers, I might fry up a few burgers for people to test (inlaws have a beef farm so they're in ample supply around here!) and maybe chicken for the other saue.

I would definitely have some type of meat for dipping...the flavor is different when tasting the sauce plain. For us, the hamburger enhanced the sauce flavor. I was trying to come up with maybe some mini meatballs we could stick a toothpick in for sampling. Do you think that would work?

The mini meatballs would be perfect! Plus, you can cook them in the small ridge baker!

We tried them at our meeting. I liked the Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce and I'm not a big fan of mustard. I thought it tasted like something that would be at Famous Dave's or another BBQ joint. I also liked the Beer BBQ sauce. I don't think it tasted like beer. Just had a nice flavor. I didn't like the Korean BBQ sauce and I could do without the other sauce (don't remember the name). The funny part was the two I didn't like were the two several other people raved about. And several of them didn't like the beer one!The dessert sauces were both pretty good. The blueberry lemon didn't have to big of a flavor which was nice. The other one was def a little different but still tasty. Not sure if I'll actually use either of them, I'm more of a chocolate person!

I've only tried the Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce...and I loved that! I haven't opened the other BBQ sauces - because PC sauces are taking over my fridge, and I just don't have room for any more right now.

We tried the dessert sauces too - the Blueberry Lemon was a hit - especially with my 7 yr. old. Blueberry and Lemon are his two favorite flavors. The other one - Tangerine Ginger? we all felt like, although it was good, it wasn't a sauce we would use for a dessert. We thought we'd like it better as a dip for egg rolls or in fried rice or stir-fry.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've only tried the Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce...and I loved that! I haven't opened the other BBQ sauces - because PC sauces are taking over my fridge, and I just don't have room for any more right now.

We tried the dessert sauces too - the Blueberry Lemon was a hit - especially with my 7 yr. old. Blueberry and Lemon are his two favorite flavors. The other one - Tangerine Ginger? we all felt like, although it was good, it wasn't a sauce we would use for a dessert. We thought we'd like it better as a dip for egg rolls or in fried rice or stir-fry.

Yes..that surprised me. I haven't tried any yet, but this is not a flavor or combination that I have EVER heard of, so not sure it would be a big seller....especially in my neck of the woods. Caramels, Cherry, mint, etc...those are flavors more common and enjoyed. Tangerine??? Ginger?? :confused:

I had never heard of Carolina Mustard either- and I've lived 14 years in NC. At conference, Doreen said she was surprised we weren't more excited by it (Charlotte, NC). Those of us from NORTH Carolina just looked at each other with confusion on our faces. I think it is a SOUTH Carolina thing?? (Saw a recipe recently for the first time that mentioned a mustard bbq sauce.)

esavvymom said:
Yes..that surprised me. I haven't tried any yet, but this is not a flavor or combination that I have EVER heard of, so not sure it would be a big seller....especially in my neck of the woods. Caramels, Cherry, mint, etc...those are flavors more common and enjoyed. Tangerine??? Ginger?? :confused:

I had never heard of Carolina Mustard either- and I've lived 14 years in NC. At conference, Doreen said she was surprised we weren't more excited by it (Charlotte, NC). Those of us from NORTH Carolina just looked at each other with confusion on our faces. I think it is a SOUTH Carolina thing?? (Saw a recipe recently for the first time that mentioned a mustard bbq sauce.)

It is a South Caroline thing. I lived and worked in SC for 8 years...and mustard BBQ is huge there. When I lived there (late 80's-early 90's) there was a local chain of restaurants in the Columbia area called Maurice's Pit BBQ - and they were known for the mustard based sauce. All the stores in the area sold it too. I miss it. This sauce from PC is the closest thing I've had to it. FABULOUS on pork and chicken!

Cherry Chipotle is the BOMB!!!!

tried the beer one tonight on burgers, didn't care for it at all and yes I like beer in fact had to have one after it to chase away the icky taste :)

nancycookspc said:
Cherry Chipotle is the BOMB!!!!

What did you use it on?! I'm anxious to break it out!!!!!

Teresa Lynn said:
tried the beer one tonight on burgers, didn't care for it at all and yes I like beer in fact had to have one after it to chase away the icky taste :)

That's what we thought too. My husband drinks beer and said it almost tasted more like wine which he hates.

I think the tangeringe/ginger will be good on grilled pound cake with grilled pineapple and white chocolate shavings.. maybe grilled peaches too.

I really like the idea of making meatballs for dipping into the sauces! I am working on getting all of them! :) I think the one I'm looking forward to most is the Carolina Mustard! It is a SC thing! :) I'm also looking forward to the lemon blueberry! That one just sounds soooo good! I just made the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake in the new S/S Season's Best, but I used blueberries instead of cherries and it was a BIG hit!

I tasted all of them with pretzels at our cluster meeting and they were horrid! I will try them again on the grill and hope I change my mind.

Tried the Carolina sauce last night on some BBQ and my husband loves it! He has been pestering me to order it since the new catalog came out and now wants the rest of them.

My family loved this concoction so much that I've now made it 3 times!I put chicken in a stone to roast (pieces, so I put them in my deep dish baker) and sprinkled them liberally with the Spicy Tangerine Rub. Baked until almost done, and then warmed up a couple Tbls. of the Tangerine Ginger Sauce and brushed it over the chicken with the pastry brush. Baked for about 8-10 minutes more, and then did it again, and let it bake for another 5-7 minutes. At the same time, I put white basmati rice in the round covered baker with chicken broth instead of water, and a teaspoon of the rub, and 2-3 Tbls. of the Sauce. I baked that in the oven while the chicken was baking. I steamed some California Blend veggies to go with it...it got RAVE reviews, and both DH and DS asked for the leftovers in their lunch the next day!***(I was doing bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters)

ChefBeckyD said:
My family loved this concoction so much that I've now made it 3 times!

I put chicken in a stone to roast (pieces, so I put them in my deep dish baker) and sprinkled them liberally with the Spicy Tangerine Rub. Baked until almost done, and then warmed up a couple Tbls. of the Tangerine Ginger Sauce and brushed it over the chicken with the pastry brush. Baked for about 8-10 minutes more, and then did it again, and let it bake for another 5-7 minutes.

At the same time, I put white basmati rice in the round covered baker with chicken broth instead of water, and a teaspoon of the rub, and 2-3 Tbls. of the Sauce. I baked that in the oven while the chicken was baking.

I steamed some California Blend veggies to go with it...it got RAVE reviews, and both DH and DS asked for the leftovers in their lunch the next day!

***(I was doing bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters)

You just helped me decide what to make for dinner tonight!!! Can't wait to try it! I'm having a tasting party sunday so now I'll have another thing to show/tell!

pchockeymom said:
You just helped me decide what to make for dinner tonight!!! Can't wait to try it! I'm having a tasting party sunday so now I'll have another thing to show/tell!

Hope your family likes it! I'd been trying to figure out how I'd use the tangerine ginger sauce, since we all agreed it didn't really taste like a dessert sauce to us - and this was the perfect way! I earned one, and then another in my Director's pack, and then I just ordered another one on my March supply order, because we loved it this way so much! We had spring rolls last night, and both DH and DS used it as a dipping sauce. :) I wish they'd bottle it like the other more savory sauces now!

At our cluster meeting last weekend, one of the consultants brought cut up chicken tenders with the Cherry Chipotle sauce and the Beer bbq sauce for sampling (love this idea for shows). I loved the Cherry Chipotle, and will definitely be ordering that one soon.

Related to New Sauces: BBQ and Dessert Reviews and Thoughts

What are the ingredients in the new sauces?

The new sauces are made with high-quality, all-natural ingredients such as herbs, spices, and vegetables. Each sauce also has a unique blend of oils and vinegars for added flavor.

Are the new sauces gluten-free?

Yes, all of our new sauces are gluten-free. We understand the importance of catering to dietary restrictions and have made sure to create sauces that are safe for those with gluten sensitivities.

Do the new sauces contain any artificial flavors or preservatives?

No, our new sauces are free from any artificial flavors or preservatives. We believe in using only the best and most natural ingredients in our products to provide our customers with a delicious and healthy option.

What dishes can I use the new sauces with?

The new sauces are extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. They pair well with meats, vegetables, pasta, and even as a marinade for grilling. Get creative and try them with your favorite recipes!

How long do the new sauces last once opened?

Once opened, the new sauces can be safely kept in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. However, we recommend using them within 1-2 months for optimal freshness and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sandilou
  • Products and Tips
Replies