• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Products Class: Learn Tips & Take Notes!

In summary, the new products class was a waste of time. The class was boring and the presenters were not engaging.
Sooner PC
Did anyone go to the new products class?? I heard they gave great tips. Any notes would be great!!

Everyone I know left that class within the first 20 minutes. It was like they were just reading the product cards about the items, in a monotone voice too.

It was a horrible class, the one I was in. I was literaly falling asleep. They read in monotone, no enthusiasm at all. We stayed a little longer than 20 minutes.I am worried about the ultimate mandalin(SP?). It is totally safer which I absolutely love, however I don't like the shape to put the food in, and it looks small, they said you will have to trim food to put it in. Not something I want to do, especially if I want perfect rings. I was bummed they wouldnt let us touch it.

pamperedalf said:
I was bummed they wouldnt let us touch it.

In the new product room, they had it out without the blades, so it was hard to grasp how it will work. There were no knives out either. :p

I must of missed it then because in the new product class they said that we would have to wait till we got it to see it up close and personal.There were so many people in the new product room, there were a bunch of mad women. (Me being one of them)

I got to go into the new product room. My group went during lunch - so it was basically empty. It was neat to see all the new products up close. I'm glad I didn't miss much in the class.

Once you get the Ultimate Mandolin you will understand the shape of the hopper-thing. It is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand. The oval shape will make slicing round onions, potatoes, and tomatoes challenging, but I am overly thrilled about this product!!

I am going to be calling everyone who bought the USG from me and offer them 15% off of the new one. I am doing this because the current model is just too dangerous and people don't listen!

THE CLASS:
Last year it was wonderful. That is why I told so many people to sign up for it this year. I feel really bad for doing that! They just read the script from the general session. They didn't give us any tips or other knowledge! I walked out of my class and into my friend's class thinking that my presenters were just out of it, but her class was just like mine. I was so disappointed. The best part of the class was the Q & A part. I got the most out of that segment of the class. Total waste of time!!

There seems to be a lot of consultants unhappy with conference this year. I have gone twice in teh 5 years I have been a consultant. The first year was awesome, there was so much good information. Last year I was a little let down. I didn't think it was as good, but a friend of mine said it was just because your first year always seems more exciting. What do you think? Do you feel like conference is going downhill? I have been disappointed with our changeover kits the last couple of years. It seems like we get less and less each season. Don't get me wrong, I love PC and I think they are great to us, but it does seem like we get less and less each year.

I loved conference this year. This is my 3rd year in business and my 3rd conference. I just didn't like that class.

I think the parts people are unhappy with aren't really essential matters, such as, how far everything was, how hot/cold the rooms were, the meals. Although I haven't heard anyone complain about the meals this time, usually it comes up. The conference was awesome. The knowledge offered and the experience.

I am not saying that all parts of my conference experience were awesome, but I had an opened mind and believe I came away with tons of great stuff. That is what I'm choosing to focus on.

My major bug about conference is that we should have hotels with fridge and microwave as conference hotels. The convenience to the shuttles is HUGE!! Since all of our meals are not covered it would be nice to be able to stretch our dining budget with leftovers or meals from home. In our current conference hotels we cannot because there are no microwaves.

A first year attendee LAST year and I were talking about the differences between last and this year, we both agreed since last year was the 25th we had higher expectations. We also both agreed this year was better than last (we didn't have that expectation of celebrating the 25th).

The above mentioned class - it was horrible, they didn't talk about the recipes at all (Product & Recipe was part of the title!)

As we were told about last year - Disney was the celebration - conference was for training!

I think it must make a difference in what class you were in, & who the presenters were. I did learn quite a bit in my product class, I was in the first one-I think I read here a bunch of you were in the second one. Also, some of my cluster didn't get much out of their wedding registry class, but mine was different people & I learned some new things.
As far as the products....I'm going thru my notes:
Mandolin:you have to use the holder for the blades to move up & down
Honing tool: you can use after each time you use your knife if you'd like
Grill Press: don't use in your family skillet-it will get stuck!, don't preheat it
Silicone Cupcake pan: metal inside the rim to make it sturdier, use nonstick cooking spray (but not the kind w/flour), not meant to compete w/stoneware-for making detailed designs
Decorating tubes: other standard tips can be used, 1 can of frosting is enough for all 3 tubes-can split & add food coloring to use 3 different colors at the same time
Deep Covered Baker: only weighs 7 1/2 lbs compared to 13 lbs with Rect Baker/Lid
Cutlery: forged means the steel is hammered, heated, then cooled-which inhances the sharpening edge, is a higher grade material than old knives

These are just a few things that I thought were important....it was interesting, when they wanted us to ask questions-many were asked that HO hadn't thought of yet! So I'm sure we'll be getting more info in the future!

I had this class on the last day of conference, and it was horrible. My wedding registry class was horrible as well, I fell asleep in that one as well. I am now wishing I would of done a cooking show live, I have heard great things with that one.I was impressed with recruiting with the stars, bookings to fill your calendar, and belinda's class 90 days. So over all my 1st conference experience was great.

pamperedalf said:
I was impressed with recruiting with the stars, bookings to fill your calendar, and belinda's class 90 days. So over all my 1st conference experience was great.

Well, I would hope you thought it was great! Winning the spree & all that would make it great even if you didn't like any of your classes!;)

I am so excited about my spree, it's killing me waiting to see what I grabbed. I have no clue where I will put it all. Oh well!

I didn't even know my director was going to be a presenter of one of the cooking show live classes until we were in the general session and she was talking about being nervous, and hoped she could get some sleep that night. Her DH had also sent a corsage for her to wear to the class, but the bellhop or whatever didn't get it to her he claimed that she was never there the few times he tried, to which she said I am here on business, you could have just left it in my room or left me a message, boy was her dh mad, and I couldn't even imagine what my dh would have done had it happened to him. Anyway, when we were in the product showcase room someone came up to her and asked if she was the one who did her class and told her that she did a great job, I patted her on the back and told her now WHY were you nervous, lol.

1. What is a "New Products Class"?

A "New Products Class" is a Pampered Chef event where consultants and customers can come together to learn about our latest and most innovative products. It is a fun and interactive way to discover new kitchen tools and techniques.

2. How can I attend a "New Products Class"?

You can attend a "New Products Class" by reaching out to your Pampered Chef consultant or checking our website for upcoming events. You can also host your own class and invite your friends and family to join in on the fun.

3. Is there a fee to attend a "New Products Class"?

No, there is no fee to attend a "New Products Class". It is completely free for both consultants and customers. It is our way of introducing and showcasing our new products to our community.

4. What can I expect to learn at a "New Products Class"?

At a "New Products Class", you can expect to learn about the features and benefits of our new products, as well as tips and tricks for using them in the kitchen. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and try out the products for yourself.

5. Do I need to take notes during the "New Products Class"?

While it is not required, we highly recommend taking notes during the "New Products Class". Our consultants will be sharing valuable information and tips, and taking notes can help you remember them later on when you are using the products in your own kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chrystals cooking
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RaggedyAunt