• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Oils & Vinegars for Salad Dressing

In summary, there are many options for making homemade salad dressing. You can use a variety of oils, such as olive oil, avocado oil, and grapeseed oil, to add different flavors. The type of vinegar you use, whether it be balsamic or apple cider, will also impact the taste. You can use both fresh and dried herbs, depending on your preference. It's important to store homemade dressing properly in the refrigerator and check for any signs of spoilage before using. Lastly, you can experiment with flavored oils and vinegars or even create your own infused versions for added flavor.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Has anyone made salad dresing using the new oils in vinegars yet? How was it? How did you do it?

I cannot WAIT to try the new vinegars! Yum!

We have used the orange oil and the pomegranite (sp?) vinegar. We just drizzle the oil right on the salad and then drizzle the vinnegar. Llast time I also drizzled some Teriyaki with Honey sauce on too. Yum, yum, yum.

We also do this with olive oil, rice vinegar and teriyaki with honey sauce (I tell you I could drink that stuff).

1. Can I use any type of oil for salad dressing?

Yes, you can use a variety of oils for salad dressing. Some popular options include olive oil, avocado oil, and grapeseed oil. Each type of oil will add a unique flavor profile to your dressing.

2. How do I know which vinegar to use for my salad dressing?

The type of vinegar you use will depend on personal preference and the flavor profile you want to achieve. Balsamic vinegar is a popular choice for its rich and slightly sweet taste, while apple cider vinegar adds a tangy and fruity flavor. Experiment with different types to find your favorite.

3. Should I use fresh herbs or dried herbs for my salad dressing?

Both fresh and dried herbs can be used in salad dressing, but they will provide a different flavor. Fresh herbs will have a more robust and vibrant taste, while dried herbs will be more concentrated and have a longer shelf life. Use whichever you prefer or a combination of both.

4. How do I properly store my homemade salad dressing?

Homemade salad dressing should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will typically last for about a week, but be sure to check for any signs of spoilage before using. If you prefer, you can also make smaller batches to ensure freshness.

5. Can I use flavored oils and vinegars for salad dressing?

Yes, using flavored oils and vinegars can add an extra layer of flavor to your salad dressing. Just be mindful of the flavor combinations and use them sparingly so they don't overpower the other ingredients. Alternatively, you can also infuse your own oils and vinegars with herbs and spices to create unique flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leftymac
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies