• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Items Would You Take to a Party

In summary, Beth said that she was not thrilled about the new products, but loved the collapsible bowl, grill basket, and collapasable bowl. She also said that she wanted the mini-catalogs and the trivet for the fall line and the coating trays, stainless saute pan, appetizer plates & caddy (stopped carrying after December), dots small round bowl, guest towel set, new bamboo - a good assortment, cranberry scrapers, striped towels, boning knife, pizza cutter, sometimes large round stone with handles, pasrty mat, sprinkles, 29 minutes cookbook - most of these do not add much to weight and several fit with tools in TTA. She also said
naekelsey
Gold Member
I love all the new products, just know that I really don't want to carry them all!

If you could only take 4 or 5 NEW spring/summer 2008 new items to your parties, what would they be?

(Also, althought pointless now, but what 4 or 5 new items have you been taking from the fall/winter 2007 catalog)

Spring line - I am taking the collapsable bowl, grill basket, pinch bowls,mega scraper,cookware protectors,plate caddy, med sheet pan and rubs to start - then I will take a few away and maybe add a few - I am curious to see what gets the most attention!!

I didn't earn much during the SAT, but to entice bookings I printed out the flyer of new products from Welcome to Tasty Tidbits and put it in an envelope which I marked "Top Secret" with a red sharpie. If a host books a show in March, they'll be the first to see the new products by getting to open the envelope.

I have been taking the mini-catalogs and at the end of my presentation telling everyone they are available for them to see the new things coming out.

I am all for not carrying anything I do not have to!

Oops - Fall line - I always bring the coating trays, stainless saute pan,splatter screen,gravy separator, RUFHT,- coating trays and trivet are the biggest of those sellers -

Fall: coating trays, RUFTH trivet, stainless saute pan, appetizer plates & caddy (stopped carrying after December), dots small round bowl, guest towel set, new bamboo - a good assortment, cranberry scrapers, striped towels, boning knife, pizza cutter, sometimes large round stone with handles, pasrty mat, sprinkles, 29 minutes cookbook - most of these do not add much to weight and several fit with tools in TTA. Sometimes I add other things...

Spring: the new scrapers, one of the new chef tools, nylon knife, avocado peeler and grapefruit knife will go in the TTA, green knives, small colander & bowl, pinch bowl set, shears cover, oven pad, cookware protectors, new cookbook, plate caddy (I take it to all shows already with the plates and utensils and guests are free to use them if desired - at every show someone wants that caddy - it will be hot!), outdoor serving set, bar board w/knife, new microfiber towel & dishcloth, sample of outdoor party sticks, new cookbook, wine bottle opener, collapsible bowl, new cup will replace the the small bowl to show off the dots.

So much of this is very light weight and people love to see the new!

Edited to add: Until March the only new things I am taking are the plate caddy and the cookware protectors. I used to give out the mini catalogs at the end of my shows in the last month but no matter how hard I try to get it across that they aren't available until March someone wants to add to their order and gets disappointed.

SO now I am giving them to those who book in March or beyond and am giving them to my host to add to the orders when they come in.

Last edited:
Oh yeah the wine opener too!! And like Beth - some of the new tools that go in the TTA - I am a visual person myself so I like to have them on hand - especially when I blank and forget what to say next - turn around to my table and grab whatever I see first - lol

Fall: SS cookware, splatter screen, pastry mat, cranberry scrapers. That's all off the top of my head.

Spring: Collapsible bowl, new scrapers, pinch bowls, metal sheet pan, cookware protectors.

There aren't too many spring products I'm crazy about. I try and take a sampling of some of the more popular items to the shows. I'll bring a little stoneware, cookeware, and simple addition pieces. The food chopper. A few knives. Measure all cup. Seasonings. Cookbooks. My bag weighs a ton! :D

I didnt earn a lot w/SAT, but I think the cookware protectors are more impressive in person. Although, I might have to get an extra set, to keep at home, and one in my kit!

I would like to get the grill basket and collapasable bowl.

I agree with vtodd, I am not thrilled about the new products. The green is so bright, and I particularly do not like the can/candle/bottle holders for in the ground.

JMHO!

Seasonings for spring!!!! ...and the grill basket/cookbook...Sheet pans!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and I don't bring them until my VERY last show of the season. I try to push the discontinued and fall stuff until the end of February then use the new stuff to entice March bookings only.If you show them TOO early, people want them or skip booking in February and book March instead for the new stuff. We always sell ourselves a month short that way...

Thanks for all the ideas!! One of the items I really LOVE is the party sticks. It will help with soda and beer spillage since we live in Military housing in San Diego. For some reason beer, military and weekend "get togethers" just go together like hot dogs and baseball...Plus, the sand, grass and dirt won't get caked on the bottom of the cans when we are at the beach, park, and so on....

DH can't wait to try out the bbq grill basket. Will give me a break from cooking, so can't wait for HIM to try it out also..LOL!!

Probably isn't a selling point or important, but like the pinch bowl set because they are so cute!!

vwpamperedchef said:
The green is so bright, and I particularly do not like the can/candle/bottle holders for in the ground.

I believe the holders are a BIG waste and won't sell. I see these being discontinued in the near future.

The only few spring items I'm excited about are the collapsable bowl, the new grilling cook book, seasonings, and the scrapers.

vtodd71 said:
I believe the holders are a BIG waste and won't sell. I see these being discontinued in the near future.

The only few spring items I'm excited about are the collapsable bowl, the new grilling cook book, seasonings, and the scrapers.

Depends where you live - I have people eyeing them up already (those that just purchased and got a sneak peek since they are having March shows).

I also have people that are near the water with boats or near the beach and they are very interested in them.

I think they might be good for outdoor concerts as well - more then just for the beach and camping - (the holders)

I actually really like the party sticks!!:p I have some pretty anal people in my family who hate it when the bottoms of their cans/cups get dirty, but we live near lakes & the ocean, so we're there all the time!! I think what may happen is that a few people will order them together and split them up, 2 each, or something along those lines! I know one of my aunts just wants 1 for her beach bag! Just an idea!!:D

I'll be taking the sheet pan, new scrapers, pinch bowls, seasonings, collapsible bowl, bottle opener and maybe a few more things:rolleyes:

I actually like alot of the spring/summer stuff, BUT only once I started using them! Guess PC knows what they're doing when they let us earn them early!!:D

I'll be taking the sheet pan, seasonings, and when I get them: pinch bowls, party sticks, collapsable bowl and scraper(s)

I only earned Level One for SAT, and haven't gotten my scraper yet...but I did bring my green bar board and paring knife to my show on Sunday and THREE people were very vocal about wanting them. They were sad to know they won't be out til March, but at least I know I have three orders in the hopper for March now! :) I also passed the Greek Rub around the guests so they could smell how wonderful it is. Once my samples get here I'll definitely be taking my Collapsible Bowl, Pinch Bowls, and BBQ Basket with me...probably my Wine Bottle Opener, too. :)

I've heard that Costco sells 2 collapsable bowls for the same price as our 1 bowl and they are pretty much the same thing. I'm pretty pratical so I'm not sure how to push ours...

PamperedMommy2 said:
I've heard that Costco sells 2 collapsable bowls for the same price as our 1 bowl and they are pretty much the same thing. I'm pretty pratical so I'm not sure how to push ours...
I will be bringing my collapsable bowl to my March and April shows since it's a host special in April. If I get a lot of interest I will continue to bring it since it's light and compact. I would not mention the Costco bowls but if it's brought up you could say you saw them (if you did) and that they do look a lot like ours but you don't know about their product testing and quality and that PC products are thoroughly tested and everything has at least a one year warranty, in fact our bowl has a THREE year warranty - I am sure the Costco one doesn't and if it does I bet it would be a lot harder to get it covered than ours.

There are many products in our catalog that I do not talk about (time, interest, relevance to the recipe...) and still sell a lot of. People will get what they want for their style. (and I never "push" anything - I "promote" them. :p )

naekelsey said:
It will help with soda and beer spillage since we live in Military housing in San Diego. For some reason beer, military and weekend "get togethers" just go together like hot dogs and baseball...Plus, the sand, grass and dirt won't get caked on the bottom of the cans when we are at the beach, park, and so on....

So true, so true!!!! We live in a townhouse on base and hope to have more get togethers this summer and I'm already thinking I may need to buy more sets. My neighbor also wants them for the same reason.

vtodd71 said:

thing is, you don't know what people want. If you go into a new selling season with a bad attitude about the products, then you're right.....you won't sell a lot of them.

try to be positive...that's my advice. fake it if you have to.

I earned level 2 so I have been bringing just the Collapsable Bowl which I am totally excited about and they catch my enthusiasm when I talk about it, pinch bowls, sheet pan and towels to show them the color change. Got 2 bookings because of my teaser previews! :) Hopefully I get more at my Spring Preview open house!?! ;)

I earned it all! But like one who posted here, I wait for my last few shows to share spring product to encourage bookings. I brought my collapsible bowl last night and what a hit! I left it in the collapsible position and filled with plastic eggs with product pictures inside. I passed the bowl around and let guests "pop" it into place. They had fun keeping the eggs in the bowl! When they booked a show they got to choose an egg with the product inside. They get the item at their show. I booked 4 shows! The new skinny spatula a must. I already have people who want the party stakes. I'm putting foam inside my woven selections, putting fake grass around and putting the stakes inside.

lockhartkitchen said:
I earned it all! But like one who posted here, I wait for my last few shows to share spring product to encourage bookings. I brought my collapsible bowl last night and what a hit! I left it in the collapsible position and filled with plastic eggs with product pictures inside. I passed the bowl around and let guests "pop" it into place. They had fun keeping the eggs in the bowl! When they booked a show they got to choose an egg with the product inside. They get the item at their show. I booked 4 shows! The new skinny spatula a must. I already have people who want the party stakes. I'm putting foam inside my woven selections, putting fake grass around and putting the stakes inside.

Julie - great ideas! thanks for sharing!!!

and great job on the 4 bookings!!! :D

I took the collpable bowl and the pinch bowls, and one of the cookware protectors. I got a booking beacause of the bowl. And we played a little game, guess what the cookware protector was. I gave a fall S/B for the best and closest guess. The bowl and pinch bowls both look to BIG sellers to me. I also had the 3 new rubs and everyone loved them

Well, I am new at this but for my March shows, I am bringing the collapsable bowl, pinch bowls and mega scraper.

I took the bowl to my two shows last weekend and it was a big hit. One lady loved that you could use it in the collasped position.

I will be bringing the collapsable bowl, the new scrapers, and the medium sheet pan. I think that the pans are one of those things that you have to PICK IT UP to believe and understand how well it is constructed. Three year guarantee...but I am certain those sheet pans will last for your lifetime!

Oh! and I will take the rubs (so guests can smell them) and the pinch bowls for use in the demo!

vtodd71 said:

I already have several orders waiting to go in on the party sticks. People with pools & those who entertain outdoors are loving these! Guess it depends on where you live. We are very rural, so lots of outdoor entertainment during the warm months, tailgating during football, and endless baseball tournaments during spring/summer!

So far, the party sticks have been a HUGE hit when I taken them to shows! I had a girl who decided she wanted a PC Bridal Shower, because of all of the Outdoor Entertaining Stuff - and she made a note in big writing on her Wish List that she "really really really wants the party sticks!" At my show last night, 2 women who's families camp together on the weekends were so excited over them - they kept throwing out ideas for using them.

Oh, and I wanted to say that April is usually a pretty tough month for me to book - because of Sprink Break, etc....people think they are just too busy....So I have been bringing the Collapsible Bowl, and the Salad Spinner to shows with me, and telling them that if they book an April Show,and have $400 in sales, they can choose either of these for half-off the 60% off price - so they can choose the bowl for $5, or the Spinner for $10. I don't usually offer incentives - but this one is a win-win - and for a specific month, specific product. I really want to keep the momentum of 8-10 shows a month going - and don't want April to be a stumbling block to earning that trip! Right now, I have 3 shows for April.(I got this idea off from a Booking CD I was listening to)

I'm revamping my showsBringing ONLY the new consultant kit products, and the host special product(s) for the month I want to book - that's it.

Another director in my cluster is doing this with huge success. Makes your job look easier to any potential recruit. Plus, from the DVD that I've been watching - looks like that's all they brought too.

I took the collapsible bowl to my show yesterday (last show for the month), and it was a big hit! In fact, I got 2 April bookings because both women wanted it for only $10.

I need to reduce how much I bring to shows, so am trying to figure this out for Saturday's party. I will bring what i need for the recipe and my TTA with all the tools - and I also plan on bringing the March & April host & guest specials, the new rubs and one of the sheet pans.

I brought the coll. bowl, oven mitt & grill basket on Sunday. The rest I gave them a sneak peak of my CN - good recruiting tool too. Everyone loves the bowl - also works as a "hat" after many margarita's - they all loved that idea!!I too only bring what I need for a show and a few extra's. I like the idea that it shows how easy it is... not too much stuff.

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "New Items Would You Take to a Party"?

The top 5 most frequently asked questions about new items to take to a Pampered Chef party are:

1. What are the newest products available?
  2. Which new items are the most popular?
  3. Can you give me a quick overview of the new products?
  4. Are there any new items that are specifically for a certain type of cooking or baking?
  5. Can you recommend a combination of new items that work well together?

If you could only take 4 or 5 NEW spring/summer 2008 new items to your parties, what would they be?

If I could only take 4 or 5 new spring/summer 2008 items to a Pampered Chef party, I would choose:

• The Quick Cooker - a versatile and efficient pressure cooker that can cook meals in minutes.
  • The Manual Food Processor - a compact and easy-to-use tool for chopping, mixing, and blending ingredients.
  • The Rice Cooker Plus - a convenient way to cook rice and other grains without the need for a stove.
  • The Deluxe Air Fryer - a healthier alternative to deep frying, with the ability to cook a variety of foods.
  • The Deluxe Cooking Blender - a powerful blender that can also cook and heat ingredients for soups, sauces, and more.

(Also, although pointless now, but what 4 or 5 new items have you been taking from the fall/winter 2007 catalog)?

Some of the popular new items from the fall/winter 2007 catalog were:

• The Mix 'N Chop - a tool for easily breaking up and mixing ground meats while cooking.
  • The Small Ridged Baker - a stoneware dish with ridges that allows for better air circulation and browning of food.
  • The Simple Slicer - a handheld tool for slicing fruits and vegetables quickly and evenly.
  • The Large Bar Pan - a versatile stoneware pan that can be used for baking, roasting, and even grilling.
  • The Scoop Loop - a handy tool for easily scooping and shaping cookie dough, meatballs, and more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Kandi2candy
  • NRcritques
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NRcritques
Replies