• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Substitute for Mole Sauce for Your Chicken Mole Pizza?

In summary, mole sauce is a traditional Mexican sauce made with a blend of chilis, spices, nuts, fruits, and sometimes chocolate. Common substitutes for mole sauce include enchilada sauce, salsa, or a combination of chili powder, cocoa powder, and almond butter. It can be made at home but may be time-consuming and require many ingredients. Store-bought options for substitutes include pre-made mixes or jars of ready-to-use sauce. When using a substitute in a recipe, follow the instructions or adjust measurements and other seasonings to balance the dish.
Happy Mom
I need a substitute for a mole sauce for the Chicken mole pizza. I read the comments in another thread, made the sauce, and I did not care for its taste either. I am making a veggie pizza, Mexican style. I have the show Thursday.

Use the Southwestern Dip and make it along the same lines as the sauce for the Garden Ranch Pizza.

YOu could also try varying the brand of BBQ, i found that itreally can affect the taste.

1. What is mole sauce?

Mole sauce is a traditional Mexican sauce made with a blend of chilis, spices, nuts, fruits, and sometimes chocolate. It is typically served over meats or enchiladas and has a rich, complex flavor.

2. What are common substitutes for mole sauce?

Common substitutes for mole sauce include enchilada sauce, salsa, or a combination of chili powder, cocoa powder, and almond butter. These substitutes may not have the exact same flavor as mole sauce, but they can still add depth and richness to your dish.

3. Can I make my own mole sauce?

Yes, you can make your own mole sauce at home using a variety of recipes. However, it can be time-consuming and requires many ingredients. If you are short on time or don't have all the necessary ingredients, using a substitute may be a better option.

4. Are there any store-bought options for mole sauce substitutes?

Yes, there are various store-bought options for mole sauce substitutes such as pre-made mole sauce mixes or jars of ready-to-use mole sauce. These may not have the same homemade taste, but they can still add a similar flavor to your dish.

5. How do I use a substitute for mole sauce in my recipe?

If using a pre-made sauce or mix, simply follow the instructions on the package. If using a homemade substitute, adjust the measurements to your preference and add it to your recipe in place of the mole sauce. Keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different, so you may need to adjust other seasonings to balance the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
Replies
Views
ngrawer
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip