1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Need recipe ideas for show

1. rebajoe

rebajoe Novice Member Silver Member

My host is having her show at 2:00pm in the afternoon on Sat. I would like some suggestions as to what food choices I should give her to have at her show. It's to late for lunch and to early for dinner. I thought of some type of dip. I'm not sure of what dessert if any we could/should have.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rebajoe

Jan 2, 2010
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

It doesn't really matter what you offer. I pick the same 4-6 recipes for the entire season to let them choose from.

Jan 2, 2010
  3. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

I agree with wadesgirl. Also remember, we are not catering their meal, we are providing a sample.

Jan 2, 2010
  4. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I offer the same recipes for a two month period. Unless there is a dietary need. It makes it so easy for me. I only have to change out my recipes on my webpage every two months. This is where my host get the ingredients.

5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

A 2pm show, to me, means it's fair game for ANY recipe! Anything will work, so go with what you feel most comfortable doing.

Jan 2, 2010
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Maybe look at the Gameday appetizers (check the Theme Shows section on CC) and/or a simple dessert. Since it's just 1-2 hrs after lunch...you wouldn't want to do a "meal" type food I'd think...other than just for samples. But with Football playoffs and the Superbowl coming- could be a great way to show-case some appetizers.

Jan 2, 2010
  7. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

My last 3 shows have been at 2pm & I have 2 more coming up & I make whatever. :) Don't worry about the time of day. And I agree with sticking to the same recipe. I got so sick of doing the Chicken fajitas, but I can do them in my sleep now & it's one less thing to worry about at a show! :)

8. mom4angela

mom4angela Member

I agree with Dot... the more you do the same recipe the easier it is, AND appears easy to the guest. I have done the BBQ chix recipe so much I can't even THINK of eating it at home.... BUT, everyone loves it and it's quick and easy. I always bring out the ultimate mandoline and do some onions to show the product and have them add to the sandwiches if need be. I've actually stopped making desserts, as it adds too much time, and does NOT increase sales, just waistlines! :) How do others feel?

Jan 2, 2010
  9. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

For an easy afternoon show, I've done the Cheesy Bacon Bites, and while they're in the oven baking I present a trifle (prepared ahead of time and then air demo'd to explain how it was done). The bites are from an older recipe, but they are easy little appetizers and everyone seems to like them. :)

Jan 2, 2010
Have something to add?