• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What appetizer and dessert options are perfect for an afternoon show?

In summary, the conversation revolves around suggestions for food choices for a show at 2:00pm on a Saturday. The hosts mention making a dip and possibly a dessert, while others suggest sticking to the same recipes for the entire season. Some recommend easy appetizers and desserts, while others mention the ease of sticking to a few tried and true recipes. The importance of showcasing products and not focusing on elaborate meals is also mentioned.
rebajoe
Silver Member
My host is having her show at 2:00pm in the afternoon on Sat. I would like some suggestions as to what food choices I should give her to have at her show. It's to late for lunch and to early for dinner. I thought of some type of dip. I'm not sure of what dessert if any we could/should have.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rebajoe

It doesn't really matter what you offer. I pick the same 4-6 recipes for the entire season to let them choose from.

I agree with wadesgirl. Also remember, we are not catering their meal, we are providing a sample.

I offer the same recipes for a two month period. Unless there is a dietary need. It makes it so easy for me. I only have to change out my recipes on my webpage every two months. This is where my host get the ingredients.

A 2pm show, to me, means it's fair game for ANY recipe! Anything will work, so go with what you feel most comfortable doing.

Maybe look at the Gameday appetizers (check the Theme Shows section on CC) and/or a simple dessert. Since it's just 1-2 hrs after lunch...you wouldn't want to do a "meal" type food I'd think...other than just for samples. But with Football playoffs and the Superbowl coming- could be a great way to show-case some appetizers.

My last 3 shows have been at 2pm & I have 2 more coming up & I make whatever. :) Don't worry about the time of day. And I agree with sticking to the same recipe. I got so sick of doing the Chicken fajitas, but I can do them in my sleep now & it's one less thing to worry about at a show! :)

I agree with Dot... the more you do the same recipe the easier it is, AND appears easy to the guest. I have done the BBQ chix recipe so much I can't even THINK of eating it at home.... BUT, everyone loves it and it's quick and easy. I always bring out the ultimate mandoline and do some onions to show the product and have them add to the sandwiches if need be. I've actually stopped making desserts, as it adds too much time, and does NOT increase sales, just waistlines! :) How do others feel?

For an easy afternoon show, I've done the Cheesy Bacon Bites, and while they're in the oven baking I present a trifle (prepared ahead of time and then air demo'd to explain how it was done). The bites are from an older recipe, but they are easy little appetizers and everyone seems to like them. :)

What types of recipes do you recommend for a show?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide variety of recipes for all types of occasions. Some of our most popular recipes for shows include quick and easy appetizers, flavorful main dishes, and delicious desserts. We also have options for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb recipes.

Can I customize the recipes for my show?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be versatile and adaptable to your personal taste. You can make substitutions, add or remove ingredients, and adjust the measurements to fit your preferences. We also have many tips and suggestions for how to personalize each recipe to make it your own.

Do you have any recipes that are beginner-friendly?

Yes, we understand that not everyone is an experienced cook. That's why we have a variety of recipes that are perfect for beginners. These recipes typically have fewer ingredients and simpler instructions, making it easier for those who are new to cooking. We also have helpful videos and tutorials on our website to guide you through the cooking process.

Can I make the recipes in advance for my show?

Absolutely! Many of our recipes can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until the show. This not only saves you time on the day of the show, but it also allows you to showcase a variety of dishes without feeling overwhelmed. Just be sure to follow the proper storage and reheating instructions for each recipe.

What if I have guests with food allergies or restrictions?

We understand the importance of accommodating guests with food allergies or restrictions. That's why we have a wide range of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb options. We also have allergy information listed for each recipe to help you make informed decisions when planning your menu.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCAnna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chellb1234
  • jj16
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Donna Partlo