• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Pumpkin Ideas for Trifle Bowl

In summary, the author found a recipe for a pumpkin cheescake that sounds good, someone mentioned adding a small can of pumpkin to the pudding mixture, and another person posted a recipe for gingerbread trifle. The author found a recipe for a pumpkin trifle that uses leftover crumbled unfrosted spice cake, muffins, or gingerbread, combines milk, pumpkin, pudding mixes, and spices, and tops it with whipped cream and cherries if desired.
sassypip
Silver Member
I would like to do a pumpkin cheescake for the trifle bowl, sort of like the strawberry cheescake. Does anyone have any ideas? What do you use for the crust/cake part? I was thinking graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers layered with some creamcheese/pumpkin and whipcream all mixed and then top it with whip cream and maybe put some candy corn on top? What do you do?

Thanks!
Diane

I found this recipe in another post, sounds good. Someone mentioned adding a small can of pumpkin to the pudding mixture...

Pumpkin Trifle – non PC
Jenny Harnack

Boxed pumpkin bread and ingredients to make bread
1 16 oz container cool whip
1 cups skim milk
1 small pkg cheesecake pudding
2 1-2 TBSPs PC’s Pantry Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle
2 cups chopped pecans

In Medium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, use Small Mix N Scraper to mix together bread mix and ingredients. Spread batter into Parchment lined Medium Stoneware Bar Pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.
Using whisk, mix together milk and pudding until it begins to thicken. Use Small Mix N Scraper to fold cool whip into pudding mixture and add Sprinkle.
Lift bread out of stone and place on cutting board. Cut pumpkin bars into small chunks using the Pizza Cutter. Place chunks in Trifle Bowl to cover bottom. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture then 1/3 of the nuts. Repeat layers twice.

Here is another one, I believe it was posted by Raebates (hope I got that right....)

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

1 box gingerbread, plus ingredients
1 large box vanilla pudding
3 c milk
1 large can pumpkin pie filling (not plain pumpkin)
1 16 oz container whipped topping
Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles

Make gingerbread according to directions. Cool. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.

Mix pudding and milk. Add in pumpkin pie filling

In Trifle Bowl, layer half of gingerbread, then half of pumpkin mix, then half of whipped topping. Repeat.

Sprinkle Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles over top.

And another one! I'm sure you find something that'll work from one of these or a combination of them...

Pumpkin Trifle
2 to 3 cups leftover crumbled unfrosted spice cake, muffins or gingerbread
2-1/2 cups cold milk
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cinnamon plus spice blend
2 cups heavy whipping cream
Maraschino cherries, optional

Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for topping. Divide remaining crumbs into four portions;
sprinkle one portion into a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. In a large mixing bowl,
combine the milk, pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices; beat until smooth. Spoon half into the
serving bowl. Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream
until stiff peaks form; spoon half into bowl. Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs.

Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then remaining portion of crumbs and whipped cream.
Sprinkle the reserved crumbs around the edge of bowl. Garnish with cherries if desired.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.

Yield: 12-15 servings.

They all sound yummy! Now to pick! Thank you so much! I knew I could count on you guys here.

What is a trifle bowl?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl with a wide mouth and a pedestal base. It is commonly used for serving desserts such as trifles, but can also be used for displaying and serving other dishes.

Can I use canned pumpkin for my trifle bowl dessert?

Yes, canned pumpkin can be used for your trifle bowl dessert. However, for a fresher and more flavorful taste, you can also use freshly cooked and mashed pumpkin.

What are some ideas for pumpkin-based trifle bowl desserts?

Some popular pumpkin-based trifle bowl desserts include pumpkin cheesecake trifle, pumpkin spice trifle, and pumpkin mousse trifle. You can also get creative and create your own unique pumpkin dessert using the trifle bowl.

Do I have to use pumpkin as the base for my trifle bowl dessert?

No, you do not have to use pumpkin as the base for your trifle bowl dessert. You can use other ingredients such as chocolate, fruit, or custard to create a delicious and visually appealing dessert.

Can I make my trifle bowl dessert ahead of time?

Yes, trifle bowl desserts can be made ahead of time. However, it is recommended to assemble and refrigerate the dessert no more than 24 hours before serving to ensure the ingredients stay fresh and the dessert maintains its structure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • sburnside