• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Mini-Fluted Pan Showstoppers!

In summary, the mini-fluted pan can be used for cakes, meatloaf, and pulled-apart bread. However, the pan is discontinued, so people need to get their hands on one before it goes out of stock. People can promote the mini-fluted pan by making personal upside down cakes or mini bread loaves.
gilliandanielle
I really need an awe-inspiring recipe for my February shows using the mini-fluted pan. I want to use it to promote the stone special, and to show people that it is discontinued, so they need it now!! Anybody have any recipes for this product? Can you microwave in it if you maunally turn it every few minutes?

I'd try to find a rave recipe review of the large size fluted and just make 6 out of it instead~ sorry I don't have any jaw dropping ones for ya~

I was thinking about that, but I don't really have any rave fluted pan recipes!! I use it all the time, but only for cakes!

I have been digging through the files, but I am not sure that pull-apart bread is gonna do it, and I have had horrible experiences with undercooking cakes in unfamiliar micros!! All that leaves is meatloaf, which I doubt people will be raving about... anything anybody??

I would like these recipes too....along with this and not to steal but when will the discontinued items go into effect. How long can we promoted the mini flute?

oH i GOT IT..fEB 28TH

How about personal upside down cakes with crushed pineapple on the top of them? Man that sounds YUMMY. Though it isn't JAW dropping, it is stomach satisfying. :D

Is it the same recipes as the reg. fluted? I don't really like those but that doesn't mean my customers wouldn't!!

I think it would be I know I would just make a Yellow Cake. Then put some butter/brown sugar/crushed pineapple in the pan. Pour the cake mix over it and WALAH! :D

Think I can micro it??

I personally never tried it?

Mini fluted pans...
gilliandanielle said:
I really need an awe-inspiring recipe for my February shows using the mini-fluted pan. I want to use it to promote the stone special, and to show people that it is discontinued, so they need it now!! Anybody have any recipes for this product? Can you microwave in it if you maunally turn it every few minutes?

I just realized after I typed what's below that I had the wrong pan :(

I'm not a meatloaf person until it came to what I call Salsa meatloaf. My step mom made it for me when I lived in OH.

Mix together,

about 1-2 lbs lean meat, either beef or turkey or any ground meat
about an egg
I add Mixed spices, but even our spices will work, try Southwest or whatever.
then mix in about a cup of crushed tortilla chips, like Tostito's or whatever
you don't want too many chips or you'll have to add more salsa at the end.

Then after mixing together that, you'll want to add about 6-8 oz of Salsa, chunky works well, but I"ve used whatever's on hand.

Cook most likely around 350 degrees until done, about 30-45 min or maybe 20 not positive (obviously, I'm going on memory!~! LOL)

Just before finished add BBQ sauce to the top :) UMMM

This is about the only meatloaf I make.

I thought there were 4 mini's in the fluted pan. Yes I just looked up in the book. 4 of them.

Ea. person could have their own; different types. Stress that :)

Or 4 different mini cakes, or mini bread loaves, (however I made a quick bread in the larger loaf pan and had a heck of a time getting it cleaned. The batter stuck to it :( I even spritzed it first.

I'd love to see the recipes too.

Liz

ps: I just came home, so catching up on Day 3.

Last edited:
not sure if...
gilliandanielle said:

any of you have seen? but I just got JC Penney's cooking catalog and they have a lot of stuff in their brand like ours, they're introducing the Quartro pan similiar to mini fluted pan, different type of bakeware, they seem to have quite a bit of silicone stuff too. I know they're a large company, just saw things that made me start thinking, also they have a pineapple thingy, not quite the one I'd like but they have one :(

I don't have the mini fluted pan so I don't know how big each individial cup is, but I know there is a recipe for roasted chicken in the fluted stoneware pan. Would it be possible to do Cornish game hens in the mini fluted pan? You could microwave it, but would probably be better if you baked it. Couldn't you have this in the oven when guests arrive and do another demo using our other products and bring out whatever you make in the fluted pan as a showstopper?

The mini-fluted pan is so big! I don't think it would fit in most microwaves....especially ones with a turntable. I would just do them in the oven - because they are smaller, it shouldn't take that long to do in the oven - and they would come out much nicer than in the microwave too!

Maybe you want to make a few different things in them at once, showing the versatility of having the individual cups...

lizcooks4u said:

I just realized after I typed what's below that I had the wrong pan :(

I'm not a meatloaf person until it came to what I call Salsa meatloaf. My step mom made it for me when I lived in OH.

Mix together,

about 1-2 lbs lean meat, either beef or turkey or any ground meat
about an egg
I add Mixed spices, but even our spices will work, try Southwest or whatever.
then mix in about a cup of crushed tortilla chips, like Tostito's or whatever
you don't want too many chips or you'll have to add more salsa at the end.

Then after mixing together that, you'll want to add about 6-8 oz of Salsa, chunky works well, but I"ve used whatever's on hand.

Cook most likely around 350 degrees until done, about 30-45 min or maybe 20 not positive (obviously, I'm going on memory!~! LOL)

Just before finished add BBQ sauce to the top :) UMMM

This is about the only meatloaf I make.

I thought there were 4 mini's in the fluted pan. Yes I just looked up in the book. 4 of them.

Ea. person could have their own; different types. Stress that :)

Or 4 different mini cakes, or mini bread loaves, (however I made a quick bread in the larger loaf pan and had a heck of a time getting it cleaned. The batter stuck to it :( I even spritzed it first.

I'd love to see the recipes too.

Liz

ps: I just came home, so catching up on Day 3.

That's okay that you had the wrong pan - I'm still glad you posted the recipe - it sounds yummy!;)

my mini fluted pan does not fit my microwave. I do love it and make cakes in it. People love it and it is great for parties, bake sales, etc as some people only want a small cake and not a regular size cake for themselves or for 2 people. I have used it for gifts too during the holidays. I've only done cakes in them but I heard somepeople use it with jello.

Here's what I've gotI LOVE this pan and am so upset they are discontinuing it. What about our poinsetta cakes, I'd also so pictures of those.

Here's recipe sheet I give to each person who buys the pan. I added a couple onto bottom that I got from another source.

I did not make this hand out, just added onto it.

HTH,

Lisa

Attachments

• Mini Fluted Pan Recipes-Uses.doc
    89.5 KB · Views: 492
Tip sheet on Mini Fluted Pan.
Lisa/ChefBear said:
I LOVE this pan and am so upset they are discontinuing it. What about our poinsetta cakes, I'd also so pictures of those.

Here's recipe sheet I give to each person who buys the pan. I added a couple onto bottom that I got from another source.

I did not make this hand out, just added onto it.

HTH,

Lisa

Thanks, Lisa for sharing this with us. I never thought of some of the uses listed.

Harriet,
Makes me feel good when I can actually help someone else and share when usually I'm the one asking for help!!
:)

My kids LOVE the pancakes in the mini fluted pan, and my hubby loves it when I make and freeze them, he can then pop in microwave and have a nice breakfst and he generally puts some apple pie filling over it (sometime actually homemade, lol) and it's a nice warm filling breakfast.

Now that winter is seeming to really move into our area went from 60 to 9 in 2 days, it's been a HUGE shock to system and I let the mini fluted pancakes run out in the freezer, dismay for me!!

Lisa

Mini Rum CakesFirst, let me say I am the "DD" among my family & friends :) But for the last 2 years for New Years, and the Superbowl, (and a birthday when someone turned 21) I have made mini Bacardi Rum Cakes in my mini fluted pan. Since 1 mini cake serves 2, we usually freeze 3 cakes for a later dessert. You can find the recipe by typing in Bacardi Rum Cake in a search engine. Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll post it.

Sallie
PS Something similar coming soon to a website near you :p

Thanks guys- I have a lot to think about!! I love the frozen pancake idea for busy parents in the morning...The pan fits in my microwave because it is an over the stove kind, but I would be scared to count on a hosts micro being that big too. Keep them coming if anyone had anything not yet mentioned!

No, the mini-fluted pan won't fit in a microwave.

Some MINI ideas:

Flower cakes! Make the pointsettia mini-cakes, but cut different flower petal designs. You can go to the mall candy store or mega grocery store that has lots of bulk candy bins and find a product called candy "belts" in various colors - cut out a few green "leaves" and white petals to make daisies / cut out orange rounded heart petals to make marigolds. Lay these over the mini cakes, put mini 7or 8 M&M's in the center - beautiful!

Cornish Hens on the Mini Fluted Pans! Use each well and cone to support a cornish hen you sprinkle with PC Rosemary Herb or Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. YUM! You can put chopped celery and cubed potatoes, diced carrots with diced green peppers in the well around the outside for a fragrant side. Just salt them lightly.

Mini Meat Loaves - Bake a meatloaf recipe in each, then put a slightly thin instant mashed potato mix in your EAD and pipe large in the center, small around the outsides - very fancy budget supper!

Petite Pull Aparts - Do the Savory or Sweet biscuit pull-aparts, but instead of cutting Grands biscuits into 4's, cut them into 6's or 8's and put buttered, seasoned pieces in each form. Cooks in 20 minutes - less than saute pan!

Good Luck!

The only thing I can think of for the mini-fluted pan is the mini-pumpkin cakes and jack-o-lanterns that people like to do in the fall and at Halloween. I don't have any pictures, but I remember some being posted here. Also, the mini-doll cakes (like inthe prep bowls)

Cornish hens? Never even thought of that! What a great idea!

Spring idea for mini cakesWhat about making your mini cakes or brownies. Then ice them either in different pastel colors or all green, then place a dyed easter egg in the middle. You can also ice them white and then dye coconut green and press it into the white icing, this way makes it look more like grass. Was just trying to come up with something more spring related.

It will be for my Feb shows, so maybe I could make brownies in the pan, then let guests decorate them with pink, red, and white icing for Valentine's?? I have the pan but have never used it...do you guys think that one "ring" is too big for one person??

gilliandanielle said:
It will be for my Feb shows, so maybe I could make brownies in the pan, then let guests decorate them with pink, red, and white icing for Valentine's?? I have the pan but have never used it...do you guys think that one "ring" is too big for one person??

No such thing as too big a brownie. :D That sounds like a great idea, especially if you have the decorating bottles to show off also.

If you are looking at Valentine's one section makes a great couple serving you can freeze the rest or share them with friends.

Sounds like I need to try it out tonight to "investigate"!! :D

creative ideasI've never tried any of these but this came to mind...

1. make a doll dress. Cool game for a girl's bday party. Use icing or something in the middle to hold the plastic doll torso up
2. Easter Eggs. Make individual cakes and decorate them like easter eggs.

if I think of more, I'll pass it along

It's not a show stopper but something fun to do with them &
fancy up a simple meal is to make spaghetti. Drain it but do
not rinse. Oil the Mini Fluted Pans, then fill with spaghetti. Press
down. Let sit about 5 minutes. Turn out onto bar pan or
other large platter. Put onto individual plates & spoon
spaghetti sauce over the top.

My kids both thought this was really cool & they are both
teenagers. They don't usually impress easily!

Too bad it's going out of the line! All cute ideas!!

I didn't realize how big it was until I put it in the oven. I thought it was the same size as the mini loaf pan.

Brownie Ice Cream SundaesMake brownies (cut in half so they go farther) and make brownie sundaes. Chop nuts with FC, slice bananas with ESP, cool whip in EAD, scoop ice cream with scoop, etc. Put toppings in SA bowls.

Oops, sorry Gillian...I just realized you are in Alaska...might be too cold for an ice cream sundae party :) I'm in Georgia...it was 73 today :D

ChefBeckyD said:
The mini-fluted pan is so big! I don't think it would fit in most microwaves....especially ones with a turntable. I would just do them in the oven - because they are smaller, it shouldn't take that long to do in the oven - and they would come out much nicer than in the microwave too!
I was thinking the same thing , it would never fit in mine !

I agree with the pineapple cakes !!! Sounds good !!

Thanks guys!

Also not a showstopper, but my boys like it... use white cake mix and when they are baked and cooled.. poke with a skewer all over and pour some (cooled, but still liquid) cherry jello over and refrigerate.. You could decorate w/ whipped cream from the EAD and cute sprinkles for Val. Day, Mother's Day...

Oh, that sounds SO good!! Have you tried any other flavors of jello? Do I make the jello normally?

Mmmm... those Jello cakes were all the rage in the 80s. You can use any flavor Jello, and the Hold 'N Slice makes a great "poker".

Oh the Hold and Slice would be great!
I think you just do it regular.. using the cool water not the ice cubes and just cool it down in the fridge..
80's??? :) Now I feel old.. or young?? My Mom always made them for family things..
Any flavor would be good.. I just figured cherry because it was red.. :)

And when you cut them, little spikes of color are through the white parts of the cake.. and its super moist too! Just don't over soak them.

These are such great ideas! I'm really going to feature this product at my February shows!

I love the 12 minute cakes in the large bundt pan.

Spice cake mix
15 ox can of pumpkin
3 large eggs

mix ingredients together, spritz bundt pan and bake in microwave for 12 minutes.

Try chocolate cake mix, cherry pie filling and 3 eggs,
White cake mix, lemon pir filling and 3 eggs,
white cake mix, raspberry pie filling and 3 eggs

experiment with any flavors you like

This is an awesome recipe and I love doing it at my shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
peichef
  • casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cooknjess