• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini-Fluted Pan Seasoning Recipe - Help Needed!

In summary, my guest wants to get one...she had one before and hates cleaning it and asked for suggestions. I remember reading a thread on here with a recipe for "seasoning" the mini-fluted pan that was supposed to help make it easier to clean but I can't find it...does anyone know this recipe? Thanks so much:love: happy valentine's day!:)The recipe that KellyTheChef posted some time ago involves shortening and possibly coarse salt. Basically anything with a higher fat content will help season a stone faster. She could bake some crescent rolls in it, or make some kind of breakfast cups using bacon to
timmygrrrl
One of my guests wants to get one...she had one before and hates cleaning it and asked for suggestions. I remember reading a thread on here with a recipe for "seasoning" the mini-fluted pan that was supposed to help make it easier to clean but I can't find it...does anyone know this recipe? Thanks so much:love: happy valentine's day!:)

I think it involved shortening and possibly coarse salt. Basically anything with a higher fat content will help season a stone faster. She could bake some crescent rolls in it, or make some kind of breakfast cups using bacon to wrap up biscuits with eggs or somethign like that.

As for cleaning, make sure she has the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush. It makes cleaning any stone a lot easier.

Here is the recipe that KellyTheChef posted some time ago:

"Here is what I have saved:

SEASONING stoneware - similar to seasoning cast iron...

1/2 cup crisco and 1/4 cup salt - (trust me, it works!) spread over
surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware.

Bake in a 200 degree oven 30 minutes, remove to cool. Scrub with Kitchen
Brush and hot water, not trying to remove all the oils, but just get the
salt off. Shake dry, leave out.

You're done - it's now nonstick! It works wonders for new stones.

I also emailed the test kitchen about this and here is their response:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef regarding your product
question. We have not tested this method and therefore cannot comment if
this tip is successful. We would not think it would cause any harm to
the Stone, but please be cautious about using too much Crisco on a
smaller Stoneware piece. Our concern is that it would liquify and drip
in the oven, causing some smoking.

BTW, this REALLY WORKS!! I have done it with new pieces!"
Personally, I have also made meatloaf in my new pans (those with sides) to season them quickly. Flat pans, I use crescent rolls for seasoning. There was also talk on here about using something called "Pan Ease" if you want to search for that.​

Pan-eze is like 1/3 crisco, 1/3 veg. oil and 1/3 flour. Mix together and brush onto stoneware (I use it for mini-fluted and cupcake pans). Bake whatever you are baking and it pops right out. But it's more of a easy release medium than a "seasoning" medium... if that makes sense.

I did the crisco w/ salt in it thing to "season" mine. Afterwards, I really didn't think it looked or felt any different than my other stones that I seasoned the normal way.

On her previous stone, did she say whether or not she tried to cook high fat foods in it to help? Or did she just do muffins and cupcakes?

I really like that with our stoneware we can tell people that there's nothing mandatory to do to get it seasoned. There should be a file of recipes to go with that stone that you can find in the files section here. If she cooks mini meatloafs or bacon wrapped dates or other things, it will season faster. I like to use Baker's Joy (spray w/ flour) before pouring in baked goods. The recipe Joy provided would be a great option, too.

As for cleaning, anytime I had a stone w/ stuff on it to clean, I'd just let it soak with hot water for a few minutes. Use the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush and you're good to go.

I fill the cups with warm water and let it soak, then I clean it with one of those homemade nylon crochet scunchies that are also good on non-stick cookware. It takes no longer than 2 minutes.

thank you guys! I'm betting she just mostly made muffins...I will tell her all these tricks:) and recommend the brush! I LOVE the brush! I have a question of my own...can you use the paper or aluminum cups in it?

timmygrrrl said:
thank you guys! I'm betting she just mostly made muffins...I will tell her all these tricks:) and recommend the brush! I LOVE the brush! I have a question of my own...can you use the paper or aluminum cups in it?

Yup, I just did on Monday.

I don't know about the aluminum cups... I'd be afraid they'd heat up and create uneven temperatures...

I would just make a dozen giant meat loaf balls in the muffin pan. That should season it.
Or use the silicon brush to oil it and make muffins in it. Yumm

I use the aluminum cups in mine on a regular basis.

I made muffins using Aluminum cups on Monday and they came out delicious!

I use the muffin liners all the time- because I don't like when I have overage and I can't get the muffins OUT of the pan...not so non-stick on the TOP part I guess. :) But for the rest, I've made muffin meatloaf and gets nice and seasoned.

I like to make egg muffins in mine. I have made them several times and my stone is very well seasoned. Funny, but I havent used it for regural muffins.

Fanny

thanks guys! I'd like to see a recipe for egg muffins...yum:)

The egg muffins I make are really easy...

Tater tots - 3 pieces for each muffin cup
chopped ham
grated cheese (I use monterray jack or mozzarella)
12 Eggs

Fill each cup with 3 tater tots add ham and cheese
Beat eggs on the classic batter bowl...season with salt and pepper and the fill each of the muffins.
Bake in the oven for 20 -25 min.
That's it.
I make a whole batch on Sundays and refrigerate them. I then heat them up in the microwave and make either burritos or sandwiches and eat them as breakfast during the week...delicious! :)
Sometimes I add salsa too. I am mexican and can't eat with out salsa :D

Wow, those sound so yummy! I'm going to have to try those sometime.

thanks! they do sound delicious!

1. What is the best oil to use for seasoning the mini-fluted pan?

The best oil to use for seasoning the mini-fluted pan is vegetable or canola oil. These oils have a high smoke point and will create a durable non-stick surface on the pan.

2. How often should I season my mini-fluted pan?

It is recommended to season your mini-fluted pan every few uses or if you notice food sticking to the surface. Regular seasoning will help maintain a non-stick surface and prolong the life of your pan.

3. Can I use butter to season my mini-fluted pan?

No, butter has a low smoke point and will not create a durable non-stick surface on the pan. It is best to use oils with a high smoke point for seasoning.

4. How do I properly season my mini-fluted pan?

First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, use a paper towel to apply a thin layer of oil to the entire surface of the pan, including the crevices. Place the pan upside down on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Let the pan cool before using.

5. Can I use non-stick cooking spray to season my mini-fluted pan?

No, non-stick cooking spray can leave a residue on the pan that can affect its non-stick properties. It is best to use oils for seasoning the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Julie Richt
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies