1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need Inexpensive Recipe

1. HDFarm

HDFarm

Hi all,

I booked a show last week with an incentive. Since I had a cancellation for Aug 4, I offered that date to be a "Free Show". Had a guest quickly take me up on it and now I'm just searching for yummy recipes that are pretty inexpensive. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

:chef:

Jul 27, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

30 minute chicken.

Jul 27, 2009
  3. cindylpal

cindylpal Member Gold Member

The Ice Cream Sandwich Torte...YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG!!! Just use Cool Whip (not a store brand whipped topping). EVERYONE always loves it!!!

Jul 27, 2009
  4. lauriedip

lauriedip Member

where if the recipe for ice cream sandwich torte?

Jul 27, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'd do the 30 min. chicken so you can show off the DCB. Then you can also do a salad and garlic biscuit bites. Or demo the pineapple wedger and have bread w/ the oil dipping seasonings.

Jul 27, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I agree.

You can make the ice cream sandwich torte - but it doesn't use many tools, and if you want to get bookings for Sept. you should use the DCB!

The 30 Minute Chicken w/ Garlic Parm. Biscuit Bites is what I always do when I do a "free" show.

Let me see if I can find my description of how I do it...

Yep - here you go!

Attached Files:

Jul 27, 2009
  7. cindylpal

Jul 27, 2009
  8. cindylpal

Jul 27, 2009
  9. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I offer the Apple Berry Salsa and Cinnamon Chips free for my summer shows. You can find it in all the best. It uses many tools and is great for cross-selling items.

Apple Berry Salsa With Baked Cinnamon Chips Recipe
    Cinnamon Chips

* 4 (7") Flour tortillas
    * 1 T granulated sugar
    * 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Salsa

* 2 medium Granny Smith apples
    * 1 cup strawberries, sliced
    * 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
    * 1 small orange
    * 2 T packed brown sugar
    * 2 T apple jelly

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
    2. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water.
    3. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over tortillas.
    4. Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; Place in single layer On round baking stone.
    5. Bake 8-10 min.
    6. Or until lightly browned and crisp.
    7. Remove and cool completely.
    8. For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples.
    9. Cut apples into quarters and chop with chopper.
    10. Slice strawberries.
    11. Chop kiwi.
    12. Place fruit in bowl.
    13. Zest orange and juice orange.
    14. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown Sugar, and apple jelly to fruit mixture, stir gently.
    15. Serve with cinnamon chips.

10. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

30 minute chicken.

Microwave cake. Just put vanilla frosting on the bottom of the fluted stone, spice cake on top and invert. Yum!

The pasta and chicken thing in the catalog/season's best is not too expensive if you have your own basil plant ... chicken is often on sale for less than $2, pasta is often $1 and instead of the pricey grape tomatoes, you can just dice a regular tomato. Two cans of chicken broth can cost you less than a $1. As long as you're not buying basil, it's less than $6.

11. Intrepid_Chef

OOPS! Forgot about the parmesean. I use the cheap kind when I make it at home, but that kind of defeats the purpose of it at a show. So I return to my 30 minute chicken reccomendation. You can make your own BBQ sauce with catsup, BBQ rub and cider vinegar if you want.

12. Intrepid_Chef

I was just looking through the news Season's Best and determined that the potato chowder is DIRT CHEAP.

You don't have to use the big baking tomatoes ... you can use regular Idahoes. Milk is regularly less than $2 a gallon. It costs $1.50 to $2 for a block of cheddar cheese that grates into AT LEAST two cups and probably more. 79 cents at my local store for a block of creme cheese, and pennies for 2 tbsp. of butter which I have in my yard. Green onions are 50 cents, but I have chives growing in my yard so I will use them.

If I were to make this tomorrow, it would cost me $6.29 for the ingredients (assuming I didn't have milk in my fridge) and I would have enough ingredients to make this at least twice. Total is about 53 cents a serving, less than a chicken and far less messy. Plus it displays a ton of high-end tools!

13. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I can't wait to get my change over kit, so I can check out this recipe. My husband makes homemade potato soup and the kids love it!

Have something to add?