• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help with Overdrawn Payment? Learn How to Handle Bank Account Shortage

In summary, the bank shorted the host's bank account and the host transferred money from their regular account to cover it. The host is worried about what this will do to their financial situation.
tinat51796
I found out yesterday that my bank account was short when HO tried to deduct the payment for my last show. I didn't expect it to be deducted so fast and I told the host (my good friend) that she could get me the money this weekend when she gets paid. I emailed HO yesterday but I haven't heard anything back yet. Is there a number I should call? Or do I just wait for an answer to my email? I transferred money from my regular account into my PC account to cover it now but I'm worried about what this will do. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Call 888-OUR-CHEF. I would never rely on email in this case. I know that there is protocol if you have so many overdraws but I don't think they do it on the first time. And hopefully, lesson learned, you won't close any more shows without having the payment.

No, not even for friends!

Also, when calling ask for the FINANCE DEPT. They are the best ones to ask but I think they are only there til 4pm central time.

They will try to deduct the money again in 2-3 days. I think PC charges you an additional $25 each time they have an unsuccessful attempt.
That happened to me on my 3rd show. I never received an e-mail at all.
My mother in law works at the bank I use, and she notified me.

Go ahead and call them. It is better o head it off before they contact you. That way they know you are on top of things.

That happened to me one time, the bank just paid it and charged me the overdraft fee. I don't know if HO ever even knew about it.

ted122781 said:
They will try to deduct the money again in 2-3 days. I think PC charges you an additional $25 each time they have an unsuccessful attempt.
That happened to me on my 3rd show. I never received an e-mail at all.
My mother in law works at the bank I use, and she notified me.

Just what you want your mother-in-law to see!

dianevill said:
Just what you want your mother-in-law to see!
Tell me about it! :yuck:

If you were overdrawn did the bank pay it or was the charge declined? If the bank paid it there is no reason to contact HO. You're just out the fees the bank charged you.

They will try to deduct the money again in a couple of days and if the funds are not in your account they will notify you.

no, the bank didn't pay it. I called HO but I was only able to leave a message. They haven't called me back yet. I guess for now I won't worry about it since it sounds like they'll try again and I know the money is there.

I have my PC account linked to my main checking account. There is an overdraw protection that automatically goes from those accounts. Perhaps you could see if your bank offers this.

What is an overdrawn payment?

An overdrawn payment occurs when you do not have enough funds in your bank account to cover a transaction. This can result in your account having a negative balance and may lead to fees or penalties from your bank.

How can I prevent overdrawn payments?

To prevent overdrawn payments, it is important to keep track of your account balance and expenses. Consider setting up alerts or using a budgeting app to help you stay on top of your finances. You can also link a savings account or credit card to your checking account as a backup for any unexpected shortages.

What should I do if I have an overdrawn payment?

If you have an overdrawn payment, the first thing you should do is contact your bank. They may be able to waive any fees or offer solutions to help cover the shortage. You should also review your recent transactions to see if there are any unauthorized charges or errors that may have contributed to the overdrawn payment.

Can I reverse an overdrawn payment?

In some cases, you may be able to reverse an overdrawn payment. If the transaction was made in error or without your authorization, you can dispute the charge with your bank. However, if the overdrawn payment was a result of insufficient funds, it may be more difficult to reverse the transaction.

How can I avoid future overdrawn payments?

To avoid future overdrawn payments, make sure you have enough funds in your account before making any transactions. Keep track of your expenses and consider setting up automatic payments or reminders for bills. If you have multiple accounts, make sure to transfer funds to cover any shortages. It is also important to regularly review your account statements and address any potential issues or errors immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TinkerLuv
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kdangel518