• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Combo Party Help: Tips for a Successful PC/PL Party?

In summary, the party lady is worried that her party will only be good because of the combo party that the other consultant is doing. The other consultant tells her that she will only be doing a shortened demo, and that the host may not be happy with the sales because of it. The party lady is worried that she won't be able to sell as many products because her time will be split between the two shows.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I just did a show for my PartyLite lady and the only booking I got was from a girl who wanted to "get it all over with" in one night by having a combo PC/PL party.

I've never done a combo before. I can't imagine the sales would be any good would they? What do I demo? Does anyone that does these have some good suggestions for me? The party is next month and it's at 7 p.m. so we wont have a lot of time each for our spiel.

Ellen, I have no suggestions for you other than Good luck! Let's hope the party goes better than it sounds right now!

I would make sure the host knows that since she's basically doing 2 shows that sales will be lower for both b/c her guests will need to split their money. I've never done one of these before so I can't give any advice. I was supposed to do a combo with Tastefully Simple in June, but the TS fell through so I was by myself!

PamperedGirl3 is right that the host may end up disappointed because the show totals will be affected. As for the demo, you want to do something that will show as many high $$ items as you can as quickly as possible and make them want to have their own shows since your time will be limited. HAs the host indicated that she wants a main dish or is she leaving it totally up to you? If she wants them to have dinner, I would do the Chicken Ceasar Salad from the Power Cooking recipes, but I would cook the chicken in the Grill Pan in front of the guests. (6 min on one side, flip over and add press for 6 more. Buy a portable burner if you don't already have one as the $10 to be able to cook anywhere is worth it). Use Salad & Berry Spinner, Deluxe Cheese Grater or Microplane grater, Salad Chopper or knives, finger guard and cutting boards in making recipe and tell guests how you'll be glad to show them the Food Chopper and Ultimate Mandoline at their own show! Do a simple dessert ahead of time with your stones...either bake cookies or brownies when you arrive so guests can see/taste how everything is better on a stone w/o waiting 20 min for recipe to cook.

Arrange with the other consultant to let her do her demo first but ask if you can just quickly introduce yourself so they don't wonder who that other consultant is.

Make the garlic bites or the cinnamon bites to be done as the guests arrive. Introduce yourself first and pass around the snack. Tell them you'll tell them how easy they are to make when it's your turn. Then turn it over to the other consultant. When she's done do your demo.

You want them to remember you and your products.

I totally agree with Beth! Her idea of how to start rapport with them by letting them taste the bites before the show even starts....then introducing yourself quickly before the other lady goes- priceless! If I am EVER roped into doing a combo show again, that is exactly what I will do!

That being said, I will NOT do another of these shows...I did one for my SIL (only cuz it was her that requested it) and even SHE said she will never do another combo show. It hurt her sales quite a bit, although she did sell more PC than TS....

Many of her guests mentioned that they were "overwhelmed" by the amount of products that they were shown. (Even though we both did shortened demos.) I will use that wordage to talk someone OUT of doing a combo show. It's just too much, and most people have a set amount of $$ that they can spend- so it just gets split between the two companies!

I agree with Kelly's comments - people only have so much to spend "tonight".

Another thing I have done with this kind of show is talk with the other consultant ahead of time and agree that you will both do shortened versions of your demos (say 30 minutes each) so people aren't feelling like it's unending.

As well as what has already been suggested here is mine!
Do a mock table setting with the simple additions and ask the PL consultant to bring items that compliment your setting! Show how both products can work together. Go in with high expectations and show your enthusiasm for your product, who knows your biggest customer may be the PL consultant.

aPamperedBride said:
PamperedGirl3 is right that the host may end up disappointed because the show totals will be affected. As for the demo, you want to do something that will show as many high $$ items as you can as quickly as possible and make them want to have their own shows since your time will be limited. HAs the host indicated that she wants a main dish or is she leaving it totally up to you? If she wants them to have dinner, I would do the Chicken Ceasar Salad from the Power Cooking recipes, but I would cook the chicken in the Grill Pan in front of the guests. (6 min on one side, flip over and add press for 6 more. Buy a portable burner if you don't already have one as the $10 to be able to cook anywhere is worth it). Use Salad & Berry Spinner, Deluxe Cheese Grater or Microplane grater, Salad Chopper or knives, finger guard and cutting boards in making recipe and tell guests how you'll be glad to show them the Food Chopper and Ultimate Mandoline at their own show! Do a simple dessert ahead of time with your stones...either bake cookies or brownies when you arrive so guests can see/taste how everything is better on a stone w/o waiting 20 min for recipe to cook.

She wants to do something Chocolate. Whatever it is has to be mostly done so I can demo just a few things.

BethCooks4U said:
Arrange with the other consultant to let her do her demo first but ask if you can just quickly introduce yourself so they don't wonder who that other consultant is.

Make the garlic bites or the cinnamon bites to be done as the guests arrive. Introduce yourself first and pass around the snack. Tell them you'll tell them how easy they are to make when it's your turn. Then turn it over to the other consultant. When she's done do your demo.

You want them to remember you and your products.

I love this idea! I will definately do this but also need some sort of almost done chocolate dessert. Any ideas???

KellyTheChef said:
I totally agree with Beth! Her idea of how to start rapport with them by letting them taste the bites before the show even starts....then introducing yourself quickly before the other lady goes- priceless! If I am EVER roped into doing a combo show again, that is exactly what I will do!

That being said, I will NOT do another of these shows...I did one for my SIL (only cuz it was her that requested it) and even SHE said she will never do another combo show. It hurt her sales quite a bit, although she did sell more PC than TS....

Many of her guests mentioned that they were "overwhelmed" by the amount of products that they were shown. (Even though we both did shortened demos.) I will use that wordage to talk someone OUT of doing a combo show. It's just too much, and most people have a set amount of $$ that they can spend- so it just gets split between the two companies!

The other consultant will be doing her show first and SAID that it will be shorter since most of the people that will probably be there have been to a PL party. I'm not thrilled about doing this show, but if it came down to choosing, the host would do the PL over mine b/c they've known eachother since the 2nd grade.

Christ Follower said:
I love this idea! I will definately do this but also need some sort of almost done chocolate dessert. Any ideas???
How about the cool and creamy chocolate fondue with cinnamon chips. You can have it all prepared and then give word pictures of how you made everything and after putting the chocolate in a SA serving bowl shave some more chocolate over it.

I've never done it before. My only hesitation is that I'd have to pre-make a lot of stuff b/c I want to do the cinnamon bites and she lives kinda far away. There's a whole time issue as far as how early I can get there b/c it's on a week night.

I was thinking of pre making a brownie in a bar pan and doing something with that.....

Christ Follower said:
I was thinking of pre making a brownie in a bar pan and doing something with that.....

Why don't you do a Microwave Chocolate Lava Cake. It is not time consuming at all. I think that that would be the route that I would go if I wanted something quick and chocolate.

chefheidi2003 said:
Why don't you do a Microwave Chocolate Lava Cake. It is not time consuming at all. I think that that would be the route that I would go if I wanted something quick and chocolate.

Hmmmmm.......

That might work. I've never done one before. Do you make it in the fluted stone?

Lorna May said:
Do a mock table setting with the simple additions and ask the PL consultant to bring items that compliment your setting! Show how both products can work together. Go in with high expectations and show your enthusiasm for your product, who knows your biggest customer may be the PL consultant.
That's a great idea!

Or how about a brownie pizza. You could make the brownie at home and then do the toppings at your demo.

BTW: You don't want to do the bites ahead of time. They only take a minute to put together, pop in the oven while setting up and then have them out of the oven as it's time for intros.

Lorna May said:
It WOULD be very pretty to set up a display with both companies products intermingled! I really like that!

Christ Follower said:
Hmmmmm.......

That might work. I've never done one before. Do you make it in the fluted stone?

I know some people do I have never done that I always make mine in the rice cooker.

chefheidi2003 said:
I know some people do I have never done that I always make mine in the rice cooker.
The fluted stone makes a prettier cake but there again you need to give it some cooling time if you want to frost it or the frosting will soak right in.

I like the brownie pizza idea......

What are some of your favorites? I like the smores pizza but it's too hard to cut and not make a HUGE mess.

BTW, I have the fluted pan but not the rice cooker.

Christ Follower said:

What are some of your favorites? I like the smores pizza but it's too hard to cut and not make a HUGE mess.
I just put the topping on (I think it's cream cheese and sugar and lemon? - my cookbooks are all packed for my fair:rolleyes: ) and then arrange fruit on top. You can cut the brownie before you top it and that makes it much easier/neater!

Ohhh.... another great recipe is the cookie in the 10" skillet. Use a chocolate chip cookie refrigerated roll and then put more chips and a cut up candy bar on top and bake! YUM!

I found a recipe here for Peanut Butter Brownie Bash or something like that. Any one try this? It seems like it would work pretty good.

Haven't tried that but how about the Teramisu Brownie Squares. Again, make the brownie ahead but then put it together at the show. Everyone loves it!

You can do a variation by baking the brownie in the large bar pan and then layering the brownies, pudding mixture and cool whip in the trifle bowl and then garnishing with shaved chocolate and nuts and chocolate covered coffee beans. (If you do this you need extra cool whip.)

:D
BethCooks4U said:
Haven't tried that but how about the Teramisu Brownie Squares. Again, make the brownie ahead but then put it together at the show. Everyone loves it!

You can do a variation by baking the brownie in the large bar pan and then layering the brownies, pudding mixture and cool whip in the trifle bowl and then garnishing with shaved chocolate and nuts and chocolate covered coffee beans. (If you do this you need extra cool whip.)

That sounds good too! I think I'll let the host choose between those two. But I still want to do the sprinkles thing! That would be perfect to have as guests are coming in. Just like the whole "cookie smell" thing when you're trying to sell a house.:D I'll get 'em all buutered up before the PL lady does her thing. I wish I had ideas for setting a table to compliment her stuff. They have a new catalog. I should get that before the show so I can come up with something.

I just realized that we will have conflicting "smells" going on at the show! Maybe she can burn some cinnamon candles or something....

Christ Follower said:
:D

That sounds good too! I think I'll let the host choose between those two. But I still want to do the sprinkles thing! That would be perfect to have as guests are coming in. Just like the whole "cookie smell" thing when you're trying to sell a house.:D I'll get 'em all buutered up before the PL lady does her thing. I wish I had ideas for setting a table to compliment her stuff. They have a new catalog. I should get that before the show so I can come up with something.
If you have the new placemats, napkins and rings and the new round dots plate, small square (cran accent is best but white would work) and small dot bowl - use those as your place settings for 2. Or use a large square, small sqare and small square bowl if you don't have the new things. And then have other pieces on the table as though they were serving pieces and then let her put the candles on that she thinks would enhance the table. It should look really pretty and festive!

Christ Follower said:
I just realized that we will have conflicting "smells" going on at the show! Maybe she can burn some cinnamon candles or something....
Don't worry about that! She knows food is served at shows (even the ones she does alone) and besides she wouldn't want to overwhelm with the scents - that would lose her sales...

I have the medium square w/cran accents but no other new stuff. Dots bowl (not smallest one) and white stuff. I also have the tiles small bowls and small plates. I wish I had the new rectangle platter w/cran accents so I could do the idea at conference w/the candles! Dang! Maybe I'll go get the sample before then. It's only like $14.95 or something....

Christ Follower said:
I have the medium square w/cran accents but no other new stuff. Dots bowl (not smallest one) and white stuff. I also have the tiles small bowls and small plates. I wish I had the new rectangle platter w/cran accents so I could do the idea at conference w/the candles! Dang! Maybe I'll go get the sample before then. It's only like $14.95 or something....
So do the medium square w/ cran accent, with the dots bowl (you could put a small white square at an angle under the bowl too if you wanted to - I just tried it). That would make a pretty place setting!

Personally, I wouldn't do anything with candles - that's her thing. Oh, but take the trifle bowl and ask her to put a candle and ring in it!

my personal opinion is if you and the other consultant have a clear partnership - and do not make guests feel like you are trying to outdo each other, they are a little more receptive to spreading their order between the two of you. When I partner with a TS consultant - we introduce each other as a courtesy, and we "pitch" back and forth to each others products...in other words - she pitches our loaf pans for bread, and prep bowls, S.A. dishes, bar pans....everything, and I make an effort to do a PC recipe incorporating TS products, or have a little something from each as a recipe. I will say that my PC/TS combo shows are more successful and fun, than doing a combo with other companies. I will take slightly lower sales, if it helps me reach a group of people I wouldn;t otherwise have the opportunity to network with....and I partner with that TS consultant as far as networking...committing to her that if a customer asks me if I know a TS consultant, it is her name that I give....and likewise I appreciate the same kind of reciprocating referral from her to her customers. This is always a win/win.

I think it is good to caution a host that sales will be lower on each side, but i can be a postive experience too.....it won't or doesn't have to be a complete bust either!

just thought I would offer a slightly different perspective....
Melinda

melindag said:
my personal opinion is if you and the other consultant have a clear partnership - and do not make guests feel like you are trying to outdo each other, they are a little more receptive to spreading their order between the two of you. When I partner with a TS consultant - we introduce each other as a courtesy, and we "pitch" back and forth to each others products...in other words - she pitches our loaf pans for bread, and prep bowls, S.A. dishes, bar pans....everything, and I make an effort to do a PC recipe incorporating TS products, or have a little something from each as a recipe. I will say that my PC/TS combo shows are more successful and fun, than doing a combo with other companies. I will take slightly lower sales, if it helps me reach a group of people I wouldn;t otherwise have the opportunity to network with....and I partner with that TS consultant as far as networking...committing to her that if a customer asks me if I know a TS consultant, it is her name that I give....and likewise I appreciate the same kind of reciprocating referral from her to her customers. This is always a win/win.

I think it is good to caution a host that sales will be lower on each side, but i can be a postive experience too.....it won't or doesn't have to be a complete bust either!

just thought I would offer a slightly different perspective....
Melinda
I hope I didn't come across as suggesting they are competing. I think they definitely should blend the products - people will be putting both in their homes after all. I do know though that some consultants will try to take over and you should be prepared to hold your own. If you come off as really nice it can only work in your favor.

Setting up a combined display shows cooperation and starting with a snack isn't hurting her demo. I have done the exchange of intros too and that works. We just have to be careful that it doesn't become all about her product. When I've done it with TS we used our products to make her mixes and it worked out great. I didn't talk about our pantry in deference to her being there.

BethCooks4U said:
I hope I didn't come across as suggesting they are competing. I think they definitely should blend the products - people will be putting both in their homes after all. I do know though that some consultants will try to take over and you should be prepared to hold your own. If you come off as really nice it can only work in your favor.

Setting up a combined display shows cooperation and starting with a snack isn't hurting her demo. I have done the exchange of intros too and that works. We just have to be careful that it doesn't become all about her product. When I've done it with TS we used our products to make her mixes and it worked out great. I didn't talk about our pantry in deference to her being there.

I'm sorry Beth, I certainly wasn't implying anything about your particular post at all....but I am aware of some combined party fiascos where each consultant or at least one consultant would completely overrun the other - and thus it was not a good partnership. All I was trying to say was that a spirited partnership can go a long way in making the night a success for both consultants and the host. Sorry if I didn't choose my words carefully enough. :)

Like you - there are certain PC items (pantry) that I also de-emphasize - out of deference to TS as well. I try to incorporate a balance.

Melinda

melindag said:
I'm sorry Beth, I certainly wasn't implying anything about your particular post at all....but I am aware of some combined party fiascos where each consultant or at least one consultant would completely overrun the other - and thus it was not a good partnership. All I was trying to say was that a spirited partnership can go a long way in making the night a success for both consultants and the host. Sorry if I didn't choose my words carefully enough. :)

Like you - there are certain PC items (pantry) that I also de-emphasize - out of deference to TS as well. I try to incorporate a balance.

Melinda
You were fine - I'm just sensitive and don't want to come across wrong.:love:

I'm not counting on the sales for this show. At this point, I hope it will qualify. Really, I'm hoping this will open the door for more contacts or even a booking or two! The PL consultant is higher up with lots of people under her so she's really good at what she does. I'm just hoping there will be some PC fans there that want to earn some free stuff!

Christ Follower said:
I'm not counting on the sales for this show. At this point, I hope it will qualify. Really, I'm hoping this will open the door for more contacts or even a booking or two! The PL consultant is higher up with lots of people under her so she's really good at what she does. I'm just hoping there will be some PC fans there that want to earn some free stuff!
Go there with the attitude that you represent a great company and have a lot to share - and learn from her!

She is no different from or better than you.

My vote for you is the Tiramisu Brownies (either finished in the rect. baker or done up in the trifle bowl as a trifle) or the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake- you can bake the cake at home and have it totally cooled and on a platter...then you just "finish" it off and it is a very quick demo! I did this a lot when we had Pan-O-Rama last time and I had a small baby at home (still nursing) and wanted my parties to be as quick as possible!!

Christ Follower said:

Cut the brownies AFTER putting on the "sauce" but BEFORE you add on all of the toppings...that way you aren't trying to cut through them!

Any time you have something like this (7 layer salad squares, fruit pizza, clubhouse chicken squares, etc.) you can apply this tip.

BethCooks4U said:

If you have a great other consultant that wants to work WITH YOU...then you are good! If not, it's not so pretty. My one (and hopefully last) experience with sharing a show I was dealing with a VERY PUSHY TS consultant. Talking with her prior to the show on the phone, she sounded great...but then the night of the party she was a nightmare!

I can see, though, where working WITH someone...the shared show could be very good. When someone is working AGAINST you...it stinks!:eek:

KellyTheChef said:
If you have a great other consultant that wants to work WITH YOU...then you are good! If not, it's not so pretty. My one (and hopefully last) experience with sharing a show I was dealing with a VERY PUSHY TS consultant. Talking with her prior to the show on the phone, she sounded great...but then the night of the party she was a nightmare!

I can see, though, where working WITH someone...the shared show could be very good. When someone is working AGAINST you...it stinks!:eek:

I guess I wont know till I get there.....

She SEEMS nice enough, but then again, the night of her show, she was trying to recruit one of the guests to PL!

I might be booking another combo show with this same lady for a Nov. show. Still haven't done the first one (it's on the 18th). I'll keep you all posted.

I have the perfect recipe for you. I made it when I first started with PC. The Baked Alaska Cake (magnificent mint version)

It's a chocolate mint cake made in the large batter bowl. You would bring the cake already cooked. The only thing you would have to demo is putting it together. It is easy! You cut the cake into 4 equal parts the cream cheese, powdered sugar, mint extract. Put together and the outside is coolwhip. I'm doing this one in December.

lockhartkitchen said:
I have the perfect recipe for you. I made it when I first started with PC. The Baked Alaska Cake (magnificent mint version)

It's a chocolate mint cake made in the large batter bowl. You would bring the cake already cooked. The only thing you would have to demo is putting it together. It is easy! You cut the cake into 4 equal parts the cream cheese, powdered sugar, mint extract. Put together and the outside is coolwhip. I'm doing this one in December.

Thaks for the suggestion! I'll have to give it a try!:thumbup:

For anyone who is interested, here are the results so far.....

I had the combo PL/PC show last night in a town 35-45 minutes away. About 10 or so guests attended. At the end, I only got 2 orders totaling about $60! I got one booking for guess what? Another COMBO show.

The PL consultant on the other hand, had a line of people ordering from her. She also got 3 bookings. It took everything in me to not cry! I still have TWO MORE combo shows to do with this PL consultant (Nov. 10th and Nov. 13th)

Someone please tell me a nice way to decline if anyone else asks for one.......

Let any prospective hosts know that: "I've found that combo shows are not usually successful. People come with a limited budget, and having them split their money between two companies will greatly reduce your host benefits."

chefann said:
Let any prospective hosts know that: "I've found that combo shows are not usually successful. People come with a limited budget, and having them split their money between two companies will greatly reduce your host benefits."

I will try that if anyone else wants to book a combo show off the next two the PL lady and I will be doing. The combo show on Nov. 10th, the lady doesn't seem to care about host benefits and just thinks it would be "fun." Unfortuantley, I still need to make $$ b/c this is my job.

I may offer the lady that booked a show for the 13th an extra $10 if free credit if she can collcet $150 in sales BEFORE I arrive to do her show. At least this way I wont have to worry about the show qualifying or not. Still deciding on that though.....

Here's an update on my latest Combo show with PL:

Just did another one tonight. Sales are at $713 (with a couple more coming in)

Got one December catalog show and one December "combo" show.

I decided I would go ahead and do them ONLY during the holidays.

The combo show I was supposed to do on the 13th postponed to December 2nd. So 2 out of 3 shows I have on my calendar for December are for Combo shows. Let's just hope they go as good as the one tonight!!!

Whew - I am glad I read all the way thru to the end .. I have aa PC/PL show coming up in a few weeks....

<h2>1. What is a combo PC/PL party?</h2><p>A combo PC/PL party is a joint party between Pampered Chef and PartyLite, where both companies are represented and products are sold from both brands.</p><h2>2. How do I plan a successful combo PC/PL party?</h2><p>To plan a successful combo PC/PL party, it is important to communicate and coordinate with the PartyLite consultant. Decide on a date and time that works for both of you, and make sure to promote the party as a combination of both brands to attract customers from both sides.</p><h2>3. What products should I demo at a combo PC/PL party?</h2><p>It is recommended to demo products that complement each other from both brands. For example, you could demo Pampered Chef's cooking tools while the PartyLite consultant showcases candles that can be used for a romantic dinner. This will help to cross-sell and increase sales for both brands.</p><h2>4. Will sales be affected at a combo PC/PL party?</h2><p>Having a combo party may actually increase sales as it introduces customers to products from both brands. It also creates a unique and fun shopping experience for guests. Make sure to have a good mix of products from both brands on display and encourage guests to try out and purchase items from both companies.</p><h2>5. How can I make the most out of a combo PC/PL party?</h2><p>To make the most out of a combo PC/PL party, it is important to work together with the PartyLite consultant and support each other's businesses. Offer special promotions or discounts for guests who purchase products from both brands, and make sure to follow up with guests after the party to thank them for attending and to offer any additional support or information.</p>

1. What is a combo PC/PL party?

A combo PC/PL party is a joint party between Pampered Chef and PartyLite, where both companies are represented and products are sold from both brands.

2. How do I plan a successful combo PC/PL party?

To plan a successful combo PC/PL party, it is important to communicate and coordinate with the PartyLite consultant. Decide on a date and time that works for both of you, and make sure to promote the party as a combination of both brands to attract customers from both sides.

3. What products should I demo at a combo PC/PL party?

It is recommended to demo products that complement each other from both brands. For example, you could demo Pampered Chef's cooking tools while the PartyLite consultant showcases candles that can be used for a romantic dinner. This will help to cross-sell and increase sales for both brands.

4. Will sales be affected at a combo PC/PL party?

Having a combo party may actually increase sales as it introduces customers to products from both brands. It also creates a unique and fun shopping experience for guests. Make sure to have a good mix of products from both brands on display and encourage guests to try out and purchase items from both companies.

5. How can I make the most out of a combo PC/PL party?

To make the most out of a combo PC/PL party, it is important to work together with the PartyLite consultant and support each other's businesses. Offer special promotions or discounts for guests who purchase products from both brands, and make sure to follow up with guests after the party to thank them for attending and to offer any additional support or information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • mkrich00
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
prissylovescooking
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies