• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help - Making Cakes in Prep Bowls

In summary, prep bowls are a versatile tool for making cakes and cheesecakes. They can be used as an alternative to traditional cake pans and are perfect for creating individual-sized cakes. To prevent sticking, make sure to grease the bowls or line them with parchment paper. The baking time will vary depending on the recipe, but can be adjusted by checking periodically or using a toothpick. Metal prep bowls can also be used, but may require adjustments in baking time or temperature. And finally, prep bowls are also suitable for making cheesecakes, just be sure to use a graham cracker crust instead of cake batter.
britishchef
Anyone made 6 little cakes before? How much icing should I make? I want to prepare the icing and cakes beforehand and freeze them so I can pull them out Sunday morning and ice after church.

about the same amt as to do a layer cake.
Definetly do a crumb coat! They are a pain to frost! I made a bunch into little "hard hats" for my sons birthday. Cute but a pain!

I have made 6 little cakes before and usually I make about 2 cups of icing for that amount. It's always better to have a little extra just in case. As for preparing them beforehand and freezing them, that should work just fine. Just make sure to wrap them well so they don't get freezer burn. And don't forget to let them thaw before icing them! Good luck with your cakes!

1. Can I use prep bowls to make cakes?

Yes, you can use prep bowls to make cakes. They are a great alternative to traditional cake pans and are perfect for making individual-sized cakes.

2. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the prep bowls?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the prep bowls, make sure to generously grease the bowls with butter or cooking spray before adding the batter. You can also line the bowls with parchment paper for easy removal.

3. How do I adjust the baking time when using prep bowls?

The baking time will vary depending on the size and type of cake you are making. It is best to start with the recommended baking time for the specific recipe you are using and then check the cakes periodically until they are fully cooked. You can also use a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake to check for doneness.

4. Can I use metal prep bowls to make cakes?

Yes, you can use metal prep bowls to make cakes. However, keep in mind that metal conducts heat more quickly than other materials, so you may need to adjust the baking time or temperature accordingly.

5. Can I use prep bowls to make cheesecake?

Yes, prep bowls can also be used to make cheesecake. They are perfect for creating individual cheesecakes or mini cheesecake bites. Just make sure to grease the bowls and use a graham cracker crust instead of a traditional cake batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jen72467
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies