• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for a Successful Fundraiser: Expert Advice for Your First Event

In summary, the author's first fundraiser was a huge success thanks to the help of friends and family.
salthechef
I am doing my first fundraiser next Saturday and would like some input from some more experience. We have an email invite list of 265, plus our helper has handed out over 100 catalogs to people. Anyone have suggestions on what we need to do? We will be doing it open house so everyone isn't crammed all at one time, and will have foods to sample.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

If you have some table space, I'd set up displays with a sample of each of our product lines (bamboo, stoneware, cookware, etc.). With so many people possibly coming I'd set up a check out table and after giving out 100 catalogs I'd put up a display or a box where people can return their catalogs.Having some samplings is good, and I would probably set up an area for people to fill out a drawing card to sign up for your free newsletter and possibly win a free show. Post a sign about any party booked also contributes another $3. I have found it helpful to actually post when delivery will be made -- they should note who the purchase was made through if credit is given individually, etc.Good luck, may you have a fabulous result!!

Thanks for the suggestions, I am a little terrified! :) I still need to make reminder calls because someone told me that the PC emails can get blocked. My wife and her mom will both also be there to help out, since they are very familiar with PC also. I am going to have every product there I can think of so people can play with them too.

Also kind of nervous because in spite of everyone we have told, I have only gotten one order so far for the show, for $25. Anyone else have that happen for a fundraiser that is so talked about?

maybe you could offer something special -- like free shipping if they spend over $50. Hopefully you'll have a great turnout -- can you put balloons outside with a sign to remind people?

I think that people don't tell YOU right away. People may be getting orders, but wait until the last minute to share it with those that would love updates by the minute :).

Haha, I hope so!

Bumping...any other suggestions?

last bump before the show, found out we have waaaaaayy more invited than I first thought!
brilliant ideas? Help please!

hone all your invites down to actually get folks who commit to being there. The biggest realization I've had in my humble experience is that a big guest list does not equal a big turnout, or ensure big sales. What does make an impact are the things we coach our hosts to do...
-call folks the night before and remind them
-send postcards in addition to eVites
-talk with everyone you see and handout reminder/invites
-TELL EVERYONE TO BRING A FRIEND / GET A GIFTDon't make it about "food" - but about the products. Folks want to know What Do They Get. #1-- they get to help the fundraisee (receipient). #2-- they get awesome products whose price has not been inflated for the fundraiser. #3-- they get a tremendous guarantee on anything purchased, 1 year for most items, 3 and 5 years for some, lifetime for forged cutlery and all cookware. and most importantly, #4-- they get you as their professional, consultant, "local" PC official person.Finally, remember that fundraisers are not the foundation of what we do, but that we do them as a community service. Get folks to book shows from it and you'll have both accomplished something nice for a charity, plus something good for them and for you--future business!Best of luck; let us know how it goes.

salthechef said:
Also kind of nervous because in spite of everyone we have told, I have only gotten one order so far for the show, for $25. Anyone else have that happen for a fundraiser that is so talked about?

My HWC Fundraiser was adopted by my Mom. She works at the City and has for 30 years, she spoke with the City Manager about the fundraiser. The City Manager was very excited and sent an e-mail to all of the City governement employee's (police deptm, Parks & Rec, Firestations, etc.) - over 500 people. I freaked out!! The got me a room at the local armory and I was soooo excited about raising $$ for the American Cancer Society. I told my Dad about it and he mentioned it to his VA Case worker - she is a survivor of Breast Cancer so she told all of the employees at the VA. More people - cool!!!
I had 10 people come to the fundraiser and a total of $550 in sales. So yes, it may be very small - BUT I did get a HOT recruit lead and raised some money for the ACS.
Keep your chin up and you will do great!!
Also let us know how it went!

Thanks for the advice, I will let you know tomorrow...if I survive! :-D

What are the benefits of hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef fundraisers are a great way to raise money for your organization while also providing high-quality kitchen products to your supporters. Our fundraisers offer a generous profit margin, no upfront costs, and the ability to customize your event to fit your specific needs.

How do I get started with hosting a fundraiser?

First, reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant to discuss your fundraising goals and determine the best approach for your event. They will guide you through the planning process and provide you with all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success.

What types of products are available for fundraising events?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products that are perfect for fundraising events, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and pantry items. You can choose from our pre-selected fundraising bundles or customize your own to fit your organization's needs and preferences.

How can I promote my fundraiser to ensure a successful event?

Pampered Chef provides various marketing materials to help you promote your fundraiser, including flyers, social media graphics, and email templates. Additionally, you can utilize your personal network, social media platforms, and word-of-mouth to spread the word about your event.

What support does Pampered Chef offer during the fundraiser?

Our consultants are available to provide ongoing support and assistance throughout your fundraiser. They can advise on sales techniques, provide product demonstrations, and answer any questions you or your supporters may have. Additionally, our customer service team is available to assist with any order or delivery inquiries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • allieskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies