• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Dessert Idea for Cool N Serve Tray

You could try the Lemon Chantilly Cream recipe from the cookbook. I think it would be a great choice for a family reunion dessert.Thanks...I've done fruit in the Cool N Serve before, but never thought to add the cake etc to make it more dessert-ish. I definately wanted to do something with chocolate anyway!
ChefMoore
Hey everyone. I'm going to a family reunion this weekend and thought it would be a great opportunity to showcase my Cool N Serve tray and try to get a few orders. However I was assigned to bring a dessert and while I use my Cool N Serve tray all the time...I have never used it for dessert. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks everyone!

Fruit tray and a dip?

Pam, that is what I was thinking, too. Or try the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte if you'll be serving indoors with a freezer handy.

I did cut fresh fruit, fruit dip and cubed pound cake for a family 80th birthday party in July and it was a HIT - I sold 2 Cool 'N Serve Trays and added outside orders to my sister-in-law's July cooking show - she wound up with $240 in free product!

You could do the Chocolate Fondue recipe from All the Best cookbook, then have fruit, pound cake and biscotti bites to dip.

Thanks...I've done fruit in the Cool N Serve before, but never thought to add the cake etc to make it more dessert-ish. I definately wanted to do something with chocolate anyway!

strawberry shortcake

chocolate dipped straberries or filled strawberries (I haven't made in years but i think it was vanilla pudding piped in)

individual chocolate tarts (I buy them at specialty grocery stores you can make your own)

glazed fruit tarts in the mini phyllo nests

Chocolate covered strawberries is a great idea! the tarts sound interesting too. I'll have to look up recipes and see how easy they are.

ChefMoore said:
Chocolate covered strawberries is a great idea! the tarts sound interesting too. I'll have to look up recipes and see how easy they are.

I've done chocolate covered strawberries several times (the deviled egg side works really well for this!) but just remember to dip the strawberries and let them harden BEFORE putting them in the Cool n Serve! :eek: Not even thinking about it, we were dipping and placing them on the tray at a show. When we got ready to eat them, we lifted the strawberries up, and there were strawberry-shaped chocolate molds left on the tray!:eek::eek:

That's a funny story. Thanks for the tip! Did you just do plain chocolate dip, or did you decorate them with any of the pantry sprinkles or anything?

ChefMoore said:
That's a funny story. Thanks for the tip! Did you just do plain chocolate dip, or did you decorate them with any of the pantry sprinkles or anything?

We just did plain - but decorating could be fun too! It was an extra recipe to do with grilled pizza, so that I could show off the Cool n Serve. At least they all saw how cold it actually gets - since the chocolate froze to it. (heehee)

I think I'll definately do the choc covered strawberries. Anyone else have any dessert ideas to showcase pampered chef products for a family reunion? I'm hoping to get some orders, maybe even a booking or two! I'll be using my catalog tote as my diaper bag!

after the chocolate dip the strawberries in coconut or mini choc chips or chopped pistachios any ar epretty and delicious

I made S'More Cups today and used the C&S Tray to help them cool down faster and help set up the chocolate after I was done dipping the tops.

You can make jello egg shots and keep them in the c&s tray.

The mini tiramisu cups are great in the C&S!

What is a jello egg shot?

During the wedger special, we did fruit and a Lemon Chantilly Cream in the Cool N Serve Tray. 8 oz Cool Whip
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tbl. lemon zest
1-2 tbl. lemon juice.
People will probably appreciate a healthier choice than a traditional dessert.
Anyway, new to this Chefsuccess thing. Love it!!

ChefMoore said:
Hey everyone. I'm going to a family reunion this weekend and thought it would be a great opportunity to showcase my Cool N Serve tray and try to get a few orders. However I was assigned to bring a dessert and while I use my Cool N Serve tray all the time...I have never used it for dessert. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks everyone!

My hubby suggested Angle Food Cupcakes with Icing and Fruit Sauces to top them. I'm going to make this for my Team Training Sunday. I thought that was pretty ingenious for a dude!!

What is a Cool N Serve Tray?

The Cool N Serve Tray is a versatile serving tray designed to keep food chilled for hours. It is perfect for serving desserts, appetizers, and other chilled items.

What are some dessert ideas that would work well with the Cool N Serve Tray?

Some popular dessert ideas for the Cool N Serve Tray include fruit tarts, ice cream sundaes, cheesecake, and chilled pies. You can also use it to serve fresh fruit, chocolate-covered strawberries, or any other chilled dessert.

How do I use the Cool N Serve Tray to keep my desserts chilled?

To use the Cool N Serve Tray, simply place it in the freezer for a few hours before serving. Once it is chilled, remove it from the freezer and add your desserts. The tray will keep your desserts chilled for up to 2 hours.

Can I use the Cool N Serve Tray for hot desserts?

No, the Cool N Serve Tray is designed for cold or chilled desserts only. It is not safe to use for hot or warm desserts as it may damage the tray.

Is the Cool N Serve Tray dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Cool N Serve Tray is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vgibsonrn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pchockeymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
aried
Replies