• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice on How to Respond to an E-Mail From My Catty Host

In summary, Amanda received an email from one of her catty hosts, and she is not sure what to say in response.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just got an e-mail from one of my catty hosts. I'm not sure what to say in response.

Hi Amanda,

I hope this note finds you and your family well.

I'm just getting around to checking my emails. The past couple of weeks
have been tougher than I had planned. This college class I'm in is an
'immersion' class and demands most of my time if I am to pass. Also, the
commute turns out to be almost 3-hours each way! ugh! I leave for class
at 6:15 a.m and I don't get back until 7:00 p.m.---and that's if I catch
the train and subway in time. Then I have to study usually until
11:30-12:00 each night. Even my weekends have been devoted to study and I
haven't been able to go back home each weekend as I had planned. (thank
God this class is over mid-December) :) I honestly do not have the time to
call everyone. I have mentioned the show to the few family members I have
had time to talk to.

I am sorry this show hasn't worked out as planned. I am planning on going
home for Thanksgving; although this too could change and I may be flying
out to Oregon. You see, my Aunt has gone into a coma and she is in very
critical condition.

If I do make it home for the holiday, I will take your idea about sending
out emails to everyone from my own list. I can't do that now as I do not
have their email addresses with me.

I have to go now, thank you for all of your help and support.

I'd wish her and her family well.
Atleast she responded to your attempts. She may come thru, but if not I think she'll try again later. I'd be thankful for her honesty.

well golly, guess that's a very elaborate brush-off! I would respond along the lines of "I understand, I wish your Aunt well, let's get in touch after Thanksgiving"

Really there's no way I can see to rescue this....I'm sorry!

I'm brainstorming... so far this is what I was thinking I could say. It's definitely a work in progress, so any feedback would be great. :)Hi xxxx,I am so sorry that you are having such a stressful month. I don't want you to worry about this Pampered Chef catalog show. Don't worry about making phone calls if you don't have the time. I appreciate you letting me know how things are going. We can cancel your show if you want. Or, if you want to let the month play out, we can see if you are able to round up any orders. I know you do have one order so far. xxxxxx ordered something and has it set to do direct shipping. Have you thought about taking a catalog to your class? They might be super busy like you and this might be a way to help them cross off Christmas shopping from their lists. You can just give them my website and tell them to enter in your name as the host and go from there. They can check the direct shipping option and pay by credit card all real quickly and safely on-line. This show is supposed to be a way for you to be able to get some free stuff and great deals on things. I don't want it to be adding to your stress. Please know that I understand and whatever you decide to do will be fine.

Nicely done. I like the comment about bringing the book to class to let others do holiday shopping to relieve stress!

I agree you show her how she can make others stress during this time a little bit easier.
Well Done!!!!

great strategy amanda!

I love your response! Go with it.

Thanks for the feedback! :) I went ahead and sent it. We'll see what happens. I worry that she might not be even looking at her e-mail until it too late. But oh well. It's out of my hands and I tried my best. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.I'm down to these last catty shows. I really felt like I could hit $6000, but now with this one not looking so good I'm worried. I just checked in with my SIL who is also doing one, and she has 2 extremely small orders. It's not even going to qualify. I worked with her on giving her ideas on how to increase her sales, so we'll see. She used to be a consultant for PC and was thinking she only needed 5 orders. (I guess it used to be 5 orders or $150?) I also have 2 other catty shows out there and one might be cutting it close to the deadline. I'm so close though, I just need $795 to reach the $6000 goal!

1. How should I handle a rude or catty email from my host?

First, take a deep breath and try not to take it personally. Remember that everyone has bad days and sometimes people say things they don't mean. Try to respond calmly and professionally, focusing on the issue at hand rather than any personal attacks.

2. Should I respond to the email or just ignore it?

It's always best to address the email and not ignore it. If you ignore it, the issue may not be resolved and could potentially escalate. By responding, you are showing that you are willing to address any concerns and find a solution.

3. How can I maintain a positive relationship with my host while addressing their catty behavior?

Remember to remain professional and avoid getting defensive. Acknowledge their concerns and try to find a compromise or solution that works for both of you. It's also important to communicate openly and respectfully with your host, and to listen to their perspective as well.

4. What if my host continues to be catty or disrespectful?

If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to involve your manager or a higher-up in the company. They can provide guidance and support in handling the situation. It's important to address any issues in a timely manner to prevent them from escalating.

5. How can I prevent similar situations from happening in the future?

Communication is key in preventing misunderstandings and conflicts. Make sure to set clear expectations and boundaries with your hosts from the beginning. Also, remember to always respond professionally and promptly to any issues that may arise. Building a strong relationship with your hosts can also help prevent conflicts in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • hlynn424