1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Need Advice/Ideas for Holiday Bazaar

1. dawn424383

dawn424383 Member

I was asked by someone to participate in a Holiday Bazaar. It's not really open to direct sales companies, only "craft" type items. However, I was told I could have the Batter Bowl "sand art" things available for purchase and other pre-made items for cash & carry. I'm just not supposed to take orders. They said I could have business cards and catalogs to hand out, and I am planning on having a drawing for prizes to get contact information. My question is, what are some other ideas besides the Batter Bowl sand art cookies that would make good cash & carry gifts? The bazaar is the 28th and 29th of October, so Halloween ideas would be good. My only concern is getting stuck with too much inventory. Does anyone have any advice on this? The booth space rental is only $20 for two 8 hour days, so the price is great if I can get a lot of contacts out of it. I just don't want to lose my shirt on purchasing products up-front. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Dawn Trudell
    Independent Kitchen Consultant
    Fort Wayne, IN

Sep 21, 2005
  2. Kristen

Kristen Member

Go check out Showstoppers on Consultant's Corner. You can find it under Products and Recipes, Enhance Your Shows, Product Showcase. There are lots of crafty ideas on there. Good luck!

Sep 21, 2005
  3. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Another idea is from a Celebrations show a couple years ago...."Gifts to Go." You'll find it on CC under the Celebrations show area where they list old Celebrations show. YOu can do cookie and brownie mixes layered in the Small Batter Bowl, as well as a soup recipe and chili. There are even cute tags with instructions you can print up there. I'd definitely do that! It ties cooking into it instead of just the sand art thing. You can do cute little gift packs too by packing gadgets as gifts in the Classic Batter Bowl if they'd allow that.

Sep 21, 2005
  4. dawn424383

dawn424383 Member

Thanks for the quick responses. I've since thought of Hershey's kisses in the whisk with a creative gift tag. Keep 'um comin' ! :p

Sep 21, 2005
  5. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

How about

How about selling the my safe cutters, the lemon zestor scorer, with the quick tip in this week's Weekly Bytes for carving pumpkins? Might be a little late, but personally, I like doing my pumpkins a day or two before Halloween to cut down on the knats and molding pumpkin on my doorstep!

You can also do Hershey kisses in the adjustable scoop or Measure All. On CC there is a cute gift idea for the quick stir pitcher and the Good company coffee/tea.

If you can sell the batter bowl, I bet you can sell any product. Maybe purchase several of the Patriotic Heart Molds and make up some of the cinnamon molds for display/selling. This product is relatively inexpensive to stock and may be easy to sell. And, you will be helping the Round Up for the Heart campaign!

If I have more ideas I will post again.

Good luck!

Sep 21, 2005
  6. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Table Linens

Maybe purchase some of the towels and table linen w/napkin rings and tie them with a coordinating ribben and sell those. There is a napkin folding flyer in CC you could package with the napkins also.

Also, the towels can be sewing into chair covers and aprons - I think this flyer might still be on CC also.

Sep 21, 2005
  7. dawn424383

dawn424383 Member

I also had thought of the Patriotic Heart Mold. I plan to make some chocolate hearts. I have made white chocolate in the past to gift as hostess gifts. I put them in a decorative bag with a pretty ribbon. Guests always seem to ooh and aah over them. I think they will be good sellers, along with the mold and the instructions on how to do them. I can make them in white, milk and dark chocolate. I also saw, the last time I bought the candy melting discs, they have peanut butter flavor. Yum !

Sep 21, 2005
  8. Gift Ideas To display at Craft Shows

I'm trying to come up with some gift ideas that I can wrap up or have prepared for a craft sale. Above I kept reading about CC...what is CC...cause I'm looking for the chili recipe that you layer the ingredients in the batter bowl and tag it with the recipe but can't find it anymore...you help is greatly appreciated.....

9. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

CC is consultants corner

10. Can you please tell me more about using the mold w/ chocolate?

I really like your idea about using the mold to make the chocolate thing. Can you please tell me how you do this? :confused: Thanks so much. Rachel

Oct 2, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted