• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Cake Tester? Anyone Want to Sell or Trade One?

In summary, a cake tester is a small metal tool used to check the doneness of baked goods by poking into the center and seeing if it comes out clean. It is more effective than a toothpick and can also be used for other tasks in the kitchen. It is important to clean the tester between uses and to check if it is dishwasher safe.
SusanBP0129
Anyone have an extra to sell or trade?:)

I have one Susan! Let me know what you would like to do!:D

I've PM'd you Susan! :)

me tooI would love to purchase or trade for a cake tester too if anyone else has one.

Jennifer,
I never heard anything from Susan so if you want one, just let me know!:) I guess she already got one!;)

Sorry Kristen!! My mind is crazy these days!! Thank you anyway, but yes, I did get one.
:) :)

SusanBP0129 said:
Sorry Kristen!! My mind is crazy these days!! Thank you anyway, but yes, I did get one.
:) :)

No problem Susan! I get that way too! Jennifer, I PM'd you!:D

Related to Need a Cake Tester? Anyone Want to Sell or Trade One?

1. What is a cake tester and why do I need one?

A cake tester is a small tool used to check the doneness of baked goods, such as cakes and muffins. It is usually made of metal and has a sharp point at one end. It is used to poke into the center of the baked good to see if it comes out clean, indicating that the item is fully cooked. It is a helpful tool to ensure your baked goods are cooked to perfection.

2. How do I use a cake tester?

To use a cake tester, insert the sharp end into the center of the baked good and then remove it. If the tester comes out clean with no batter or crumbs on it, it is fully cooked. If there is still batter or crumbs on the tester, the baked good needs more time in the oven. It is important to clean the tester between uses to prevent cross-contamination.

3. Can I use a toothpick instead of a cake tester?

While a toothpick can be used as a substitute for a cake tester, it is not as effective. Toothpicks are smaller and may not reach the center of larger baked goods, giving an inaccurate reading. Cake testers are designed specifically for this purpose and are longer, making them more reliable for testing the doneness of baked goods.

4. Is a cake tester dishwasher safe?

The majority of cake testers are dishwasher safe, but it is always recommended to check the product packaging or with the manufacturer to be sure. Some cake testers may have a wooden handle or other components that are not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed.

5. Can I use a cake tester for other tasks in the kitchen?

While a cake tester is primarily used for checking the doneness of baked goods, it can also be used for other tasks in the kitchen. It can be used to test the tenderness of vegetables or the doneness of meats. It can also be used to create small holes in baked goods for filling or injecting with syrups or glazes. Just be sure to clean the tester thoroughly between uses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • czall
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • higoobs