• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Product Origins: Tips for Managing Political Views on My Cooking Show

In summary, Doris addressed this in her biography and advised to focus on the products that are not made in China. One thing to consider is that even though the product is manufactured in another country, it's providing TONS of Americans jobs.
booksx2
I have a cooking show Saturday and I have been warned that one of the guests is "anti-products made in China." I contacted HO and know how to find where the products are made and have been going through the catalog and making notations. However, I don't want this guest to control this show with this political soapbox. Any suggestions on how I can gracefully handle this? Advise.:confused:

In her biography, Doris addresses this.

When she was first starting out she tried very hard to get everything sourced in the USA, but for a lot of the products, she couldn't even get any manufacturer to work with her. They all told her no, so at that point she had no choice but to look elsewhere for help in manufacturing.

I had a guest like this as well at one of my shows. I just went on with my demonstration as if she didn't say anything. Drawing attention and reacting to negative comments (IMO) don't make a successful consultant. Anyone that has watched Good Morning America lately where they are challenging families across America to empty their homes with anything that is NOT made in America. They are literally left with just a handful of items. So, it's not just Pampered Chef outsourcing.....it's America.All I can say is best of luck to you! There are products in our catalog that are made in the USA, but not a lot.

My dad gets annoyed with everything being outsourced to China, but he drives me crazy. If things were manufactured here it would cost a fortune. And like mentioned earlier, Doris tried. Companies just won't make everything here. I'm glad PC tries to get things here if they can. Our stoneware is made in the USA, so that's one great thing!One thing to consider is that even though the product is manufactured in another country, it's providing TONS of Americans jobs. ;)

babywings76 said:
My dad gets annoyed with everything being outsourced to China, but he drives me crazy. If things were manufactured here it would cost a fortune. And like mentioned earlier, Doris tried. Companies just won't make everything here. I'm glad PC tries to get things here if they can. Our stoneware is made in the USA, so that's one great thing!

One thing to consider is that even though the product is manufactured in another country, it's providing TONS of Americans jobs. ;)

So is the Cool n Serve! I like to point that out to people. :) That's a big ol' plastic piece to be made in the USA!

If she expresses negative stuff about products made in China, I would just focus on the ones that are not. Such as, "Then you'll be happy to know all our stoneware is made in the US. You have to be careful with stoneware because some made in other countries contain lead. Ours do not."

I always point out that while SOME of our products are made in other countries (not just China), TPC is an AMERICAN company employing Americans, and they are supporting America when the shop TPC!

Thanks so much for your help! Esavvymom, thanks for the thread link. I've read it and feel more prepared to handle this now! Wish me luck!

Pampered Chef Home Office recently explained it to me this way....We actually DO have products made in the USA, such as the stoneware, but also the pantry products and cookbooks, too! We really shouldn't expect to have everything made here, because, after all, Pampered Chef is actually an international company now, a point I hadn't thought of before. When considering this, it made it alot easier to accept!!

Good luck with your show!!

Related to Navigating Product Origins: Tips for Managing Political Views on My Cooking Show

What products are commonly made in China?

China is known for manufacturing a wide range of products including electronics, clothing, toys, furniture, and household goods. It is also a major producer of industrial and agricultural products such as steel, machinery, and food products.

Why are so many products made in China?

Many companies choose to manufacture their products in China because of its low labor costs, large workforce, and efficient production capabilities. China also has a well-developed infrastructure and a strong manufacturing sector, making it an attractive location for businesses.

Are all products made in China of low quality?

No, not all products made in China are of low quality. China has a mix of both high-quality and low-quality products, just like any other country. It is important for consumers to research and read reviews before purchasing a product to ensure its quality.

How do I know if a product is made in China?

Most products made in China will have a label or tag indicating its country of origin. This information can also be found in the product's packaging or on the company's website. Additionally, some products may have a "Made in China" stamp or engraving on its surface.

Are products made in China safe to use?

Yes, products made in China are generally safe to use. The Chinese government has strict regulations and quality control measures in place for manufacturing and exporting products. However, it is always important to check for any safety certifications or warnings before using a product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mr. Pampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • kkimpinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Poll