• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Hosting Shows: How to Handle Offers of Help

In summary, when an offer is made to help with carrying in or out, the guest should accept graciously.
Jenni
I'm finally getting to the point where my shows are not at friends and family's house. (yah branching out!) I'm finding the host offering to help carry stuff in and out. They want to help me wash my dish and not take them home dirty ect. I am always like NO NO I got it but thank you for offering. What do you all do?

I take the help when I'm offered. When I'm carrying in the person who usually offers to carry stuff is the host's husband and that's always appreciated. I make clean up part of the show so it's not all one big thing of anything at any time... but most of my hosts expect to help... and feel kinda helpless when they don't have anything to do so I take their help when offered.

Take their help and talk to them about signing! A lot of times the people who offer to help, hosts or guests, have the most interest in the business and could be subconsciously seeing for themselves how much "work" is involved.

After 2 1/2 years of being the "I got it, I can do it" person, I was pregnant and needed the help - and loved it. Since then, whenever anyone asks, I say "YOU bet!!! I've learned to never turn down help!!!" So I say, let them help!!! Oh, I don't "let" them wash my dishes though.....and a lot of that was talked about on another thread. I just don't want anyone to think that they have to.

If they offer, I'll accept but I'll never ask them. Sometimes while I'm taking orders or cleaning up, the host is already in the kitchen doing my dishes! I also love the host that shoots that "look" at her DH who then gets up off the couch and offers to help carry things outside.

I always accept any offer's from a host or their DH with carrying items. Also, if they offer to wash dishes for me I tell, that I would really appreciate it, but they do not have to.

My DH loves :love: if I don't bring home dirty dishes, because he is the one who does them for me. (Yes, I am spoiled!):)

Yes! Accept the help graciously.

I was blown away at one of my shows when a GUEST washed my dishes. I didn't even know she did it. I was so impressed and appreciative.

There are some people who offer and others that are more into socializing with their friends. I am OK either way because I don't EXPECT anyone to wash my dishes.

I smile, say "Thank you so much that is so sweet!" and let them wash my dishes, carry my stuff (or send their sons or husbands to help me) and make sure to help me get all my stuff packed up.

It's a blessing and it's not always offered, so take advantage of it when they do offer. It will save you lots of time and energy.

Debbie :D

I always accept any offer's from a host:D

I guess I just don't feel like I'm Pampering her if she is working..... If she did want to do it I guess she wouldn't offer. I think the next offer I get an offer I will take them up on it and write a thank you note for all there help.

I never turn down any help. Esp with lugging my stuff in or out.

I always take any offers of help. I love help carrying my bags to and from the house, and I love the hosts and guests who clean up, too! :) If I really want to get out of there quick, I'll just throw everything into a plastic bag (the old PC bags - I have a ton) as I demo and just run, but sometimes the host/guests are cleaning things as I use them!

I never turn down help. With that being said, I really don't want the host washing my dishes, so I just take those home dirty.

DH has taken me to most of my shows for the past 8 months since I am pregnant, but when he has been TDY (which was a lot) I would just tell the host beforehand that I am pregnant and will need help carrying stuff in. I only had one party totally blow me off and not help me at all.

At most of my parties, the host, a guest, or a DH of one of those two will offer to help me carry my stuff in and out, pregnant or not.

I'm the same way as above, I don't like other people doing my dishes, I'm such a messy cook and I throw them in my dirty dish tote so un-organized, I'd hate for anyone to go threw that mess but me. I just bring them home and pop them in the dishwasher, then re-load on my time the way I like it. It just works better for me that way.

Now, help lugging the stuff is another thing. I always accept an offer to lend a hand and I love it when they do offer! I don't bring too much, something I've learned over the years, so I never need to make more than two trips to the car by myself, so a helping hand just get's it done in one!

When help is offered for carrying, I say, "That's not necesssary." Nine times out of ten, the offer is repeated. At that point, I accept graciously. If the offer is not repeated, I know the host (or the host's spouse) was just asking out of a sense of obligation.As for dishes, I don't do them before leaving the house. (Of course, sense I'm usually not making something at the show, there are only the dish and serving utensil.) Sometimes, though, the host has already washed things up by the time I get done with checkout.

When help is offered for carrying, I say, "That's not necesssary." Nine times out of ten, the offer is repeated. At that point, I accept graciously. If the offer is not repeated, I know the host (or the host's spouse) was just asking out of a sense of obligation.

As for dishes, I don't do them before leaving the house. (Of course, sense I'm usually not making something at the show, there are only the dish and serving utensil.) Sometimes, though, the host has already washed things up by the time I get done with checkout.

Recruit those who offer to help!! At least ask them the question, "So have you ever thought about having a business like this?" If you want to bait the hook further, add
"where you can add $100 a month, $500 a month, $5,000 a month or more to your family budget?"
(DSWA teaches this technique - anyone can do 100 - most want 500 - very ultra achievers wanna know 5,000 is achieveable)

I always accept the help especially carrying the products in and out...what I NOW watch for is when the host wants to do the dishes...in the DISHWASHER!! I generally take a PC bag with me and throw the dirty stuff in it as I go so I can take them home unless the host INSISTS! Gets me out a wee bit faster...

I have never allowed a host to do my dirty dishes...as I am using them in my demo they go straight into a plastic drawer to keep my table looking nice and I just take them home and throw them in the dishwasher.

Help with bringing stuff in and taking stuff back out to my car is a different matter! I accept help with that anytime it's offered!

As I start getting bigger (preggo wise) I will be host coaching that I will NEED help with that....

Yesterday my host and her 2 daughters were playing in the yard when I got there. The 2 little girls offered to help carry things in. Which was cute. Except that I didn't have anything light enough for them to carry easily. But they helped during the demo - asking questions, using the citrus press, passing out catalogs, etc.

I have had a few hosts that offer to help carry or clean dishes. I say sure... but, not the black bag. Being moderately new, i still carry in way too much in that black bag and don't want them to think that it is too heavy!

If they as to help, I let them!
Especially in the upcomnig months - I'l need help with my bags!

I usually ask for help with my bags if there's a guy there - they never mind helping!

Related to Navigating Hosting Shows: How to Handle Offers of Help

1. How do I handle offers of help from guests during a Pampered Chef show?

As a host, it's important to be gracious and grateful for any offers of help from your guests during a show. However, it's ultimately your responsibility to run the show and ensure that everything runs smoothly. Politely thank your guests for their offer and kindly let them know that you have everything under control. If you do need assistance with something specific, feel free to ask for it.

2. What if a guest insists on helping with a specific task during the show?

If a guest is insistent on helping with a specific task, such as passing out catalogs or taking orders, it's okay to accept their help if it makes your job easier. However, be sure to communicate clearly and give them specific instructions on what you need them to do. You can also delegate tasks to multiple guests if needed.

3. Is it appropriate to ask guests to help with the clean-up after the show?

While it's not expected for guests to help with clean-up after a Pampered Chef show, it's always appreciated if they offer to lend a hand. If you do need assistance with cleaning up, feel free to ask for it. Just be sure to thank your guests for their help and let them know that it's not expected of them.

4. How do I handle a guest who is being overly helpful during the show?

It's great when guests are enthusiastic and eager to help during a Pampered Chef show. However, if a guest is being overly helpful and potentially interfering with the flow of the show, it's important to politely redirect their attention. Let them know that you appreciate their enthusiasm, but you have everything under control and would prefer to handle things on your own.

5. What if I don't feel comfortable accepting help from guests during the show?

It's completely understandable if you prefer to handle everything on your own during a Pampered Chef show. In this case, it's important to communicate your preferences to your guests. Let them know that you appreciate their offer of help, but you would prefer to handle things on your own. They will understand and respect your decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • BeckyTank
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
hamiltonchef
  • ChefPeg