• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Bridal Shower: Help Needed!

In summary, Lisa helps brides keep track of who gave what as gifts and who is responsible for what. She enters the products under the name of the person who ordered it. This way, the bride can get her own gifts and also receive free gifts from the shower.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
How do I enter a bridal shower, so that Bride Amber gets receipt(s) showing all the products bought for her and yet let guests get receipt for things they also ordered??? And when they ordered something extra to get the Free Spoons, if I take what they ordered for Bride off, then how do I make that happen???

Help, my brain if not working, it's 3 am :indif: and I can't think anymore, lol.

I want to get this closed and submitted today, so any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

What I always do is make the bride be 2 customers, one as her maiden name, and one with her married name. Then as I enter her gift orders under the name of the purchasers, I ALSO enter the item under the married name. When all finished, I print out a receipt for the married name order, and then delete her as a customer. The maiden name order will have all her FPV items. Make sense? (Just don't forget to delete before submitting and balancing!!!)

Nope, I think my brain is still too tired. I was thinking about entering for example, Guest Chris who ordered total over $100.00, but $55 of that was for Bride so I was going to enter an order for bride Amber for the $55.00 and then the $45.00 for Chris. Then I was going to add to the brides' order with someone else's so that it comes to the $60.00 and ask mom to give Chris the spoons? Is that going to be too confusing do you suppose??

Thanks,

Lisa

I enter the products under the name of the person who ordered it. That way they can get their guest special too if it applies. I always encourage people to order for themselves too. I tell them that they can get the bride even more (free) that way and they get something for their own kitchen too.

Before I send the show in I put the bride in as a guest and list all the gifts, print, then delete that "order". I mark who gave her which items on that receipt and give it to the bride. That way she has a list of who gave her what for thank you's and if she has a warranty issue she can tell PC that she received it at show # XXX and that ________ gave it to her.

If you print a receipt for the bride and then delete her before submitting like you guys are saying, HO doesn't have her as a customer so is the receipt you're printing even valid??

I do what Beth does. The receipt will be valid b/c if there are any issues, the bride will tell them she received the items as gifts. No different than if someone buys a b-day present for someone & there's an issue with it.

If you try doing it where you're splitting apart the orders, I can see big trouble ahead. Especially if you're moving things that aren't actually gifts for the bride. Mass confusion on who actually gets what & who the gifts are from would be the biggest trouble.

BethCooks4U said:
I enter the products under the name of the person who ordered it. That way they can get their guest special too if it applies. I always encourage people to order for themselves too. I tell them that they can get the bride even more (free) that way and they get something for their own kitchen too.

Before I send the show in I put the bride in as a guest and list all the gifts, print, then delete that "order". I mark who gave her which items on that receipt and give it to the bride. That way she has a list of who gave her what for thank you's and if she has a warranty issue she can tell PC that she received it at show # XXX and that ________ gave it to her.

But how do I apply the purchases at the bridal show to her registry so that she gets the credit....TIA

Ok, so if I leave them as I've got them entered and just put in another guest for Amber and list ALL the gifts, then she'll have a receipt (listing) but then on the one I give her mark who gave them to her??

I'm so tired, up 'til after 3 am and then back up at 7 with girls, this of course has to happen on LAST day of month when I need to get this submitted.

For her registry, I'm going to go in and mark them as purchased or whatever it is and remove them.

She got credit for them from the shower and was able to purchase things free and discounted at the shower, so she's already "earned" off her registry, but still can if people order for her until the wedding.

Still not sure what I'm going to do about orders.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Ok, so if I leave them as I've got them entered and just put in another guest for Amber and list ALL the gifts, then she'll have a receipt (listing) but then on the one I give her mark who gave them to her??
This is exactly what I do. I also highlight the items on the individual receipts that were for the bride. This way whoever is sorting orders can tell what goes to the bride & what goes to the guest.

Ginger428 said:
But how do I apply the purchases at the bridal show to her registry so that she gets the credit....TIA

You can't. The purchases made can only count towards the show OR towards the registry, not both. Because the purchases were made at the show, they already count toward the FPW etc at the shower, and cannot be used toward the registry rewards.

You can log into the registry and update that the bride has received the items, though.

Related to Navigating a Bridal Shower: Help Needed!

1. What type of gifts are appropriate for a bridal shower?

Gifts for a bridal shower should be focused on the bride and her upcoming marriage. Traditional gifts include kitchenware, home decor, and household items. However, experiences, gift cards, or contributions to the couple's honeymoon fund are also becoming more popular.

2. Is it necessary to have a theme for a bridal shower?

Having a theme for a bridal shower can make planning and decorating more fun and cohesive, but it is not necessary. If you do choose a theme, make sure it is something that the bride would enjoy and fits her personality.

3. How many guests should be invited to a bridal shower?

The number of guests invited to a bridal shower can vary depending on the preferences of the bride and the host. Generally, a smaller, more intimate gathering of close friends and family is preferred for a bridal shower. It is recommended to keep the guest list under 20 people.

4. What type of food should be served at a bridal shower?

The food served at a bridal shower can vary depending on the time of day and the preferences of the bride. Brunch or light finger foods are popular options for a mid-day shower, while a dinner shower may include a full meal. It is important to take into account any dietary restrictions or allergies of the guests.

5. Are games necessary for a bridal shower?

Games can be a fun way to break the ice and get guests interacting at a bridal shower, but they are not necessary. If you do choose to have games, make sure they are appropriate for the group and that the bride would enjoy them. Some popular games for bridal showers include bridal bingo, wedding trivia, and the newlywed game.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hindy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies