• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery of Strange Referrals: How Do They Do It?

If someone goes to the PC website and requests a consultant because they don't have one, those leads are directed to directors.As Beth said, this feature works for all consultants at every level.. not sure why it didn't work for melanie...If someone goes to the PC website and requests a consultant because they don't have one, those leads are directed to directors.
melaniepc
how the heck do they do this feature? My friend checked it for me this morning and put in the same zip code as me but they referred her to a consultant in two town over from me, why is that?

because you have to be a director.

well that sucks.

The way she finds you is to put your last name and zip code. She can also enter you last initial instead of last name.

nascarcooker said:

You don't have to be a director to be found with that feature. Several of my downline pop up when I have done a search.

nascarcooker said:
As Beth said, this feature works for all consultants at every level.. not sure why it didn't work for melanie...If someone goes to the PC website and requests a consultant because they don't have one, those leads are directed to directors.

finley1991 said:
As Beth said, this feature works for all consultants at every level.. not sure why it didn't work for melanie...

If someone goes to the PC website and requests a consultant because they don't have one, those leads are directed to directors.

That may be what she did. She probably wanted to see if she would come up if she was just looking for a consultant.

yea I meant that if you are looking for leads you cannot be found if you arent a director, I didnt know that. I wish it would direct the people to whoever is closest. It just seems very hard for me to see how you can get new clients, you cant advertise online and you cant be found on the site. not trying to be negative just dont understand it

There are sooooooo many consultants who are strictly hobbyist or choose to work their business sporadically. I think PC sends the leads to directors so as to ensure the customer is taken care of. (I was sometimes frustrated with this when I was a consultant, but I also realized it was the right thing to do from a company-perspective. The leads only go to directors who are successfully managing their business and team. Don't think of it as a perk directors get, think of it as a benefit that is part of being a director.)

I see that point as well but maybe they should send a copy to the director of the consultant or something. See, my point of view is this: I am new, I want to succeed but dont know many people. I worked really hard to qualify my first month and now I dont know where to go for more bookings.. maybe getting one or two off the internet would be very helpful to me. I just wish that was one feature that they allowed. I am online quite a bit and I would be all over a request from someone for a party

Ask your director for her "dead leads" (leads she hasn't followed up on in a while), ask people for referrals, talk to your neighbors - there are people everywhere, sometimes you just have to get creative!

I agree. Get involved in groups, volunteer for stuff. I started a conversation with a lady while I was volunteering to decorate for the Prom. After a long conversation I told her we should keep in touch so we can do our volunteer hours together and I gave her my card. Ofcourse she asked once she saw it. I told her I do fun cooking classes that help people with limited time get quick easy recipes on the table for dinner. She then wanted to know more and how it worked. She booked and it was an $800 show last Sunday. The key is to find the right time to bring it up and intrigue them enough so they think it's their idea to do it.

As a new person I used the direct method and just asked people to help me get my business started, most people will help. Those that aren't willing will help you with referrals if you ask for them or will do catalog shows. Don't let a "no" get you down, offer alernatives with a positive attitude.

Related to Mystery of Strange Referrals: How Do They Do It?

1. How does Pampered Chef get so many strange referrals?

Our success with strange referrals is a result of our unique approach to marketing. We focus on building relationships with our customers and providing exceptional products and services, which in turn leads to word-of-mouth recommendations and referrals.

2. Do these strange referrals actually convert into sales?

Yes, they do! While it may seem surprising that someone referred by a stranger would make a purchase, we have found that our customers trust the recommendations of their friends and family, even if they don't personally know the referrer.

3. How can I increase my chances of getting strange referrals?

The best way to increase your chances of receiving strange referrals is by providing outstanding customer service and treating every customer as a potential advocate for your brand. Additionally, offering incentives for referrals can also encourage people to spread the word about your products and services.

4. Are there any downsides to relying on strange referrals for business growth?

While strange referrals can be a great source of new customers, it's important to not rely on them as your only means of business growth. It's important to have a well-rounded marketing strategy that includes a mix of referral marketing, advertising, and other tactics to attract and retain customers.

5. How does Pampered Chef track and measure the success of strange referrals?

We use various methods, such as tracking referral codes and asking customers how they heard about us, to measure the success of our strange referrals. We also closely monitor our sales and customer retention rates to see the impact of these referrals on our bottom line.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mama2emma
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
allisonserna
  • junkfortara
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • kcmckay