1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mystery Host using CC?

1. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

So I'm thinking I really need to collect checks or cash from my mystery hosts right? Will it let me put in credit card numbers for each "host" to pay for their orders? One host was going to give me their because I was thinking it would be easier, but after I hung up I thought otherwise. Please advise. I can pick up a check from her if need be. She will be calling back with her order. TIA

Nov 29, 2009
  2. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

You can take credit cards. Just add the seperate payments for each mystery host total. I always like to avoid going to the bank if possible

3. laurichef

laurichef Member Gold Member

I just did this and had more than 2 cc pmts under the host. It gave me the red dot, and would not let me submit it. I ended up swapping it w/ a cash payment for another guest.

Nov 29, 2009
  4. I do 2 credit cards entries for one person quite a bit without problems. Maybe the totals didn't add up. Donna

Nov 29, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

You can put up to three payments on each person, 2 CC and a check or cash. If you have 10 hosts paying by CC, you can still charge them the right amount under a guest screen. So if you had 5 Mystery Hosts paying by cc, you could do it like this:
    • Host order = 2 Mystery Host payments
    • Guest #1's order = that guest's cc payment PLUS a Mystery Host cc payment
    • Guest #2's order = that guest's check PLUS 2 Mystery Host's cc payments

You will get the little warning message that there are "overpayments" for those 2 guest orders and not enough payment on the host order, but if it all adds up in the end then it's okay and will go through. ;)

Nov 29, 2009
Have something to add?