• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Show Has Ben Put on Hold Now What?

In summary, if the order is declined, call the customer and explain that the order will hit their account on the day it's submitted. Tell them you will do whatever you can to help them get it resolved as soon as possible.
milkangel
i had a catalog show where the guests card was put on hold i called her last night and she said it should work by friday and i do not want to wait till then to get the show going again.. i submitted it on monday at 8pm and found it yesterday was declined being i got it in on monday will they give the the points for the show for redeaming and comision for that in sept? what sould i do?

As long as you have it resolved by the date indicated by HO, you'll get commission on it for September and it will count for September promos. That date is usually the 3rd or 4th, but call HO to get the specific date this month.

You know what? I'm sorry, but that's crap! The card should work by Friday??
What about NOW? She paid for the order, she must have known it wasn't going to go through. I'd tell her that if she can't give you another card you may have to cancel the order. This wouldn't fly if she was at another "store", why be taken advantage of? Esp if it messes w/ your commission or anything. What was the date they gave you for resolution?

I had one put on order last night, however, I was able to call my guest and get a new card number so it will be processed.

I personally think I messed up when I copied the number off the card and I told her that!

chefsteph07 said:
You know what? I'm sorry, but that's crap! The card should work by Friday??
What about NOW? She paid for the order, she must have known it wasn't going to go through. I'd tell her that if she can't give you another card you may have to cancel the order. This wouldn't fly if she was at another "store", why be taken advantage of? Esp if it messes w/ your commission or anything. What was the date they gave you for resolution?

That's true, and I hadn't though of that because I was focused on the question that milkangel specifically asked. If it's a debit card and there will be funds in the account Friday (and she wasn't surprised that it was declined), then the customer KNEW there were insufficient funds. That's theft. It wouldn't fly at a brick and mortar store.

If she cannot get you another card number or cash, you can choose to have the amount of her order debited from your account and have the show shipped to you. Do not give this customer her order until she pays you and payment clears (therefore, preferably cash).

I'm glad my response didn't seem harsh...but you know what, I'm SO tired of dealing with this stuff...shows on hold all the time because the customer knew they didn't have the money. It is getting to the point where I dread putting in a card number and cross my fingers that it clears!

I don't mess around anymore, I just call and tell them that if they can't give me another card number right then, I will have no choice but to cancel their order. And I also inform them that it holds up the ENTRE show, so NO ONE gets their orders until theirs is taken care of.

i did talk to her and she did not check it before she had orderd it.

She didn't check what?

I am also in the same boat, I had two credit card issues with a show this month and going round and round trying to resolve this, this would not happen if they tried to use the card at Walmart or somewhere and it was declined.

I recently had a similar situation - I called & left a message & then e-mailed the customer & he did not call or respond to the e-mail. The order did not qualify for the monthly host special & didn't change the host's benefits, so I had h/o remove it from the show and (since I knew he was military & that payday was 4 days away for him), I waited & re-submitted his order several hours after his paycheck hit the bank.If her order does not hurt the host's benefits, you can do the same. Pull her off the show & submit her order by itself later. ;)

I had one declined today too. Found out after calling the customer that she had had problems with the card in January or February and they issued her a new card...with a different number! I had the old card number in my files... If it is a "legitimate" error, the customer usually responds pretty fast. Always be sure to tell them that the day you submit it, it will hit their account so be sure to have money there on "so and so date"!

Sheila said:
I recently had a similar situation - I called & left a message & then e-mailed the customer & he did not call or respond to the e-mail. The order did not qualify for the monthly host special & didn't change the host's benefits, so I had h/o remove it from the show and (since I knew he was military & that payday was 4 days away for him), I waited & re-submitted his order several hours after his paycheck hit the bank.

If her order does not hurt the host's benefits, you can do the same. Pull her off the show & submit her order by itself later. ;)

The problem with that for us is that it will cost extra for shipping. For you guys, it doesn't make a difference since everyone pays direct shipping anyway, but for our guests it's not the same. You wouldn't be able to charge the extra cost to the customer without them agreeing to it, and I wouldn't want to pay out of pocket when they're the ones inconveniencing me.

When you all get the "declined" message do you call HO FIRST and ask it to be run manually through veriphone in Finance?? Most of the time the card is ok, but just not recognized.
I never call a customer until I have tried the walk it to finance department first.

1. What does it mean when my show has been put on hold?

When your show has been put on hold, it means that there has been a delay in the scheduling or hosting of your Pampered Chef party. This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as the host needing to reschedule, inventory availability, or other unforeseen circumstances.

2. How long will my show be on hold for?

The length of time your show will be on hold for can vary depending on the reason for the delay. Our team will work with you to find a new date that works for you and your host, as well as make sure all desired products are available for your party.

3. Can I still earn rewards or host benefits if my show is on hold?

Yes, you can still earn rewards and host benefits even if your show has been put on hold. Our team will work with you to ensure that you still receive all of the rewards and benefits you are eligible for.

4. What happens if my show needs to be canceled after being put on hold?

If your show needs to be canceled after being put on hold, our team will work with you to find a new date or alternative options for hosting a party. We understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

5. Can I reschedule my show if it has been put on hold?

Yes, you can definitely reschedule your show if it has been put on hold. Our team will work with you to find a new date that works for you and your host, and we will make sure all desired products are available for your party. We want to ensure that you have a successful and enjoyable Pampered Chef experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
kam
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies