• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Neighbor Brought Me a Homegrown Zucchini From Her Garden. This

In summary, my neighbor brought me a homegrown zucchini from her garden. This thing is the size of my forearm! It is immense!! Anyone have a good recipe for zucchini bread? There about a million online, but I want something I know will taste good, yknow? Any other Z recipes? TIA!!!
4kids4me
My neighbor brought me a homegrown zucchini from her garden. This thing is the size of my forearm! It is immense!! Anyone have a good recipe for zucchini bread? There about a million online, but I want something I know will taste good, yknow? Any other Z recipes? TIA!!!

Mmmm....breaded & fried.

As a carrier to get dip to your mouth.

hahaha, ho ho ho, he he he. Ok, seriously, how do I bread and fry? I'm new to my kitchen. :(

First, you get the new coating trays and tool that will be available in the September catalog...

LOL, ann is soooo mean..

Crack an egg or two, and use a whisk to mix it

Pour some bread chrumbs into a flat plate

Cut up the zuchini in thinish slices

Dip the zuchini slices first into the egg to coat them and then into the bread crumbs so that both sides are coated

Add a little oil to a fry/saute pan

Fry the slices for a few minutes

Zucchini is also really good on Cool Veggie Pizza, or 3-cheese garden pizza.

I love the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto (in the SBRC from Spring or Fall 2006) - it has lots of zucchini in it - YUM! :)

Heres my grandmothers zuchinni bread recipe! YUMMY!
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs beaten
2 cups raw zuchinni grated
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tspsalt
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup nuts ( I use walnuts)
1 cup raisins

cream together sugar , eggs and oil add zuchinni and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients pour mixture into two greased and floured loaf pans bake at 325 for 1 hour 5 minutes Enjoy!!!
I think I need to go make some now.

jenniferknapp said:
Mmmm....breaded & fried.

that's so my favorite :)

Also when you cut up them up into cubes let them dry out on a cloth a while so a bit of the water comes out , so the bread is not to soggy.

also you cant wait for the tray but good try .. thats a good sell though

chef131doreen said:
Also when you cut up them up into cubes let them dry out on a cloth a while so a bit of the water comes out , so the bread is not to soggy.
also you cant wait for the tray but good try .. thats a good sell though
I have never cubed it for bread...always shredded it and then wrapped in paper towels and squeezed to get excess moisture out.

Also- you can freeze shredded zuch. for use in bread later. Just measure it out into the amount you will use in your recipe and freeze. (Make sure you squeeze out excess water once it has thawed again!)

Oh, duh, were you talking about cubing it to bread and fry? Sorry!

I boil my zucchini in water til tender then pull it out with a slotted spoon and put it through the food processor...freeze it 2 cups per bag..I have a recipe but I will post it tomorrow...cooking it this way makes the bread WAAAAAAAYYYY moister.

Related to My Neighbor Brought Me a Homegrown Zucchini From Her Garden. This

What are some ways to use a homegrown zucchini in cooking?

A homegrown zucchini can be used in a variety of dishes, including zucchini bread, zucchini noodles, roasted zucchini, and stuffed zucchini boats.

How do I know when a zucchini is ripe and ready to be picked?

A ripe zucchini will be firm and have a shiny, smooth skin. It should also be about 6-8 inches in length and 1-2 inches in diameter.

Can I freeze zucchini for later use?

Yes, zucchini can be frozen for later use. Simply blanch the zucchini in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then shock it in an ice bath. Pat dry and place in a freezer-safe container or bag.

Do I need to peel a zucchini before using it?

No, the skin of a zucchini is edible and contains important nutrients. However, if the skin is tough, you can peel it before cooking.

What are some health benefits of eating zucchini?

Zucchini is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great addition to a healthy diet. It also contains vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 4kids4me
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • AJPratt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies