• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Home Smells Great Right Now!

In summary, Lisa's recipe for barbecue using a brisket in the Deep Covered Baker resulted in a great smell and delicious taste. DH is cooking tonight and Lisa doesn't have to worry about anything.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

I am trying to be a little creative. I put a brisket in the Deep Covered Baker, poured a can of Dr. Pepper on it and sprinkled a generous portion of our new Barbeque Rub on it. I am cooking it at 250 for probably about six hours. Only 1 1/2 hours into cooking it, my home smells so great. I am really looking forward to digging into it for dinner.

Lisa

That sounds FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing!

Reminder to self: Find Coca-cola cookbook in my house...

YUM!!!

DH is cooking tonight so I don't have to worry about anything. :)

ChefLisa said:
Hi all!

I am trying to be a little creative. I put a brisket in the Deep Covered Baker, poured a can of Dr. Pepper on it and sprinkled a generous portion of our new Barbeque Rub on it. I am cooking it at 250 for probably about six hours. Only 1 1/2 hours into cooking it, my home smells so great. I am really looking forward to digging into it for dinner.

Lisa

Theres a recipe similar to yours, it came out when we were starting to use the baker, I think it was called Bachelors Roast....I also slow cooked mine & it came out WONDERFUL.....:cool:

Don't laugh ... but I have never cooked a brisket before. Probably because I never knew how to cook it. Now I do!!!!! Thank you for sharing.

I'm going to follow this last post with another "not good cooking meats" question. What exactly is a brisket? Where do you get it? How big of one did you get? TIA for not making me feel as blonde as I really am :)

Brisket is a cut of beef. That's about all I know.

I bet Alton Brown could tell us.

Brisket
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest. While all meat animals have a brisket, the term is most often used to describe beef or veal. The beef brisket is one of the eight beef primal cuts. According to the Random House Dictionary of the English Language, Second Edition, the term derives from the Middle English "brusket" which comes from the earlier Old Norse "brjōsk", meaning cartilage.

Brisket can be cooked many ways. Popular methods in the U.S. Southern States include smoking and marinating the meat and cooking slowly, not directly over the hot coals or wood. Additional basting of the meat is often done during the cooking process, however most of the tenderness from this normally tougher cut of meat comes from the fat cap often left attached to the brisket. The brisket is almost always placed with the fat on top so that it slowly dissolves down into the meat as it cooks, turning the toughness into juiciness and tenderness rivaling all other cuts. Small amounts of certain woods such as hickory or mesquite are sometimes added to the main heat source, and sometimes they make up all of the heat source, with chefs often prizing characteristics of certain woods. The smoke from these woods and from burnt dripping juices further enhance the flavor. The finished meat is a variation of barbecue. Once finished, pieces of brisket can be returned to the smoker to make burnt ends. In traditional Jewish cooking, brisket is most often braised as a pot roast.

In the U.S., the whole brisket has the meat-cutting classification NAMP 120. The brisket is made up of two separate muscles, which are sometimes separated for retail cutting: the lean "first cut" or "flat cut" is NAMP 120A, while the fattier "second cut", "point", "deckel", "fat end", or "triangular cut" is NAMP

So I love Wikipedia and all, but huh?!?!?! Layman's terms anyone? :)

It's a tough piece of meat from the chest of the cow that needs to be cooked slowly, with the fat on the top so that it can melt down into the meat and make it more tender.

Okay... when you look for a brisket does it say brisket on the sticker thing? and how big of one do you get? thanks for all the help!!! For having taken gourmet foods in college I should know this, but when you can't afford to buy meat period (gotta love college!), you sort of forget everything you learned about the cuts of meat :)

GourmetGirl said:
Okay... when you look for a brisket does it say brisket on the sticker thing? and how big of one do you get? thanks for all the help!!! For having taken gourmet foods in college I should know this, but when you can't afford to buy meat period (gotta love college!), you sort of forget everything you learned about the cuts of meat :)

It will say brisket....around here though, about the only way I can find a regular brisket is at the butcher (yep we have 'em!) Most in the grocery store are Corned Beef Brisket - not just plain Beef Brisket.

Just an update. The meat was cooked in less than three hours. Actually, I went to check on it at the three hour mark and it was cooked to 177 degrees. That is technically overcooked, but it tasted great! I used the top so I think that is one of the reasons it cooked so quick.

Lisa

Brisket may be hard to find in the Northern States. My brother lives in Texas now and they have Brisket all the time. But when he came here and wanted to make it for us he couldn't find a store that sells it. They consider it "junk" meat because it is tough. I have a feeling that will change as it is becoming so popular. The next time my brother came up he brought the brisket with him.:D And it was really good!

When my aunt visits from Houston, she brings the brisket with her.

If you have a grocery store with a butcher, they should be able to order you some brisket, if they don't usually carry it.

A similar recipe to this is one that I have from a community cookbook my aunt gave me.
Liberally sprinkle a brisket with meat tenderizer and lemon pepper. Place on a large sheet of double-thickness foil. Pull the foil around the meat to form a loose package and crimp the edges to seal. Pour in soy sauce (I use low-sodium) liberally (there should be a little puddle in the bottom, plus the surface of the meat should be moist). Seal the foil by crimping closed. Place in a 250ºF oven for several hours. The meat will fall apart when you open it, and the sauce is delicious!
You can do this in stoneware, too, as long as it's tightly covered.

Related to My Home Smells Great Right Now!

1. Why should I use "My Home Smells Great Right Now!"?

"My Home Smells Great Right Now!" is a line of high-quality fragrance products specifically designed to make your home smell amazing. Our scents are long-lasting and can help create a warm and inviting atmosphere in any room.

2. What types of products are available in the "My Home Smells Great Right Now!" line?

We offer a variety of products including candles, wax melts, room sprays, and reed diffusers. Each product is available in a wide range of scents, so you can find the perfect one for your home.

3. How long do the scents last?

The longevity of our scents varies depending on the product. Our candles can burn for up to 50 hours, while our wax melts can last for up to 10 hours. Our room sprays and reed diffusers typically last for several weeks.

4. Are the products safe to use in homes with pets?

Our products are pet-friendly, but we recommend keeping pets away from lit candles and using caution when spraying room sprays. If you have any concerns, we suggest consulting with your veterinarian.

5. Can I order "My Home Smells Great Right Now!" products online?

Yes, all of our products can be purchased through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also host a virtual or in-person party to earn free and discounted products. Contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefharris
  • akrebecca