• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Dh Doesn't Believe I Can Do Well....

In summary, Michelle's ex-husband was not supportive of her decision to become a consultant. She explains that it takes a lot of hard work, and even then, it's not a guaranteed success. She continues to sell and has already earned a trip to Atlantis as well as a commission check that is over $1100. Her ex-husband is now supportive of her business and is even helping her out.
irishtwinsmommy
...with PC. I'm a new consultant, very excited about this, wanting to make some $$ for our family. My DH basically said that the products are overpriced, etc. What do/did you ladies do when people put your business down?

Thanks,
Michelle

My DH isn't excited about what I'm doing and pretty much rolled his eyes when I told him about the incentive trips.

What can we do?

PROVE 'EM WRONG!
:D

Yup! And as far as the prices....you get what you pay for, IMHO! You can do it!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that your DH isn't more supportive with your business! Earning a trip will certainly bring him around!

Keep your chin up, your eyes on God and BELIEVE in Him and your PC Products ... It helps if your husband understands good tools in a man's garage and workshop... if he buys his tools at Dollar Tree ... then you've got a longer row to hoe ... When I said to my husband "okay, so your drill cost HOW MUCH???" He totally understood and I got him the 8" Exec. fry pan and he's my best cookware salesperson anywhere!
I agree... prove him wrong and know that you are selling some of the best kitchen tools ever made! The commission checks won't be a bad thing either!!!!!!! :)

Give the man a Princess House Crystal catty and watch him turn red....now THAT'S over priced! PC has something for everyone and about a third of the catty is $20 or under...not many other companies can say that.

My DH was the same way and I been in PC for 4 months and I proved him wrong. When Fed ex delivers to the house he runs for the door to see the free stuff I am getting and reading inf. So be strong the DH will change once he sees you are succeeding in the PC business...

I agree, he will change once you start showing that you're dedicated on making this work. Mine was and in the 2 years i've been selling PC, I've earned a FREE trip to San Fran, EARNED a TON of Free products and countless other things. He also just got me recruit #5!!! Thanks DH!!!:D

Prove him wrong!!!!
Three and a half years ago, my ex-husband rolled his eyes and snorted when he heard I'd signed with PC.
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/mad0004.gif
Now, I have a team of 14, I am a Director, I earned TPC and in about 3 weeks I will have earned it for the 2nd time. I have been sent on an 8day cruise and am being sent for 6 days to Atlantis in a few months and I have already earned level 1 of next years' trip. Lemme tell ya...he doesn't roll his eyes anymore...and if he dares to, I have a response ready for him: http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/tongue0015.gif

My husband was the one who talked me into doing this. I was not sure I could do it, and he convinced me!!!! I could not do this business without him- literally- He is an accountant, and he keeps my books for me, keeps track of income/expenses, mileage, - every bit of it!! I just give him the receipts, and he does the rest.

Put the products in his hands.

I had been a PC customer/host for many years before I became a consultant. Before I sold, the PC products were off limits for anyone but me and dh but now I encourage everyone in the house to use them. They were the "good stuff' and I didn't want the kids ruining them - duh. They will HELP you sell if they KNOW what PC will do for people.

I wish you luck. Without support it is harder to stay positive. Come here to CS and go to your team meetings for the support you need until you can win them over!

pampermeplease said:
Give the man a Princess House Crystal catty and watch him turn red....now THAT'S over priced! PC has something for everyone and about a third of the catty is $20 or under...not many other companies can say that.

Actually it is half of the catalog is under $20!!!

S/S 2007 (this does not include the mid-season products)
0 - $9.99 88 28%
$10 - $19.99 114 36%
$20 - $29.99 39 12%
$30 - $49.99 41 13%
$50+ 31 10%

Prove him wrong........my husband didn't say that he didn't think I could do well, but he implied that it would take ALOT more work than I imagined and that even then it probably would add up to much...........Let me tell you, he is beside himself now. I just finished my first 30 days, sales over $4500, earned $600 in FREE products and/or supplies, AND my commission check will be over $1100.........Guess what, he'll see (in our joint account) what he said he'd be happy with, and I'm having fun with the rest!
YOU can do this!!! And have fun doing it. Take it one step at a time, and keep at it! (I'm telling myself this now, too!! March is NOT looking as good as February)

Actually it is half of the catalog is under $20!!!

S/S 2007 (this does not include the mid-season products)
0 - $9.99 88 28%
$10 - $19.99 114 36%
$20 - $29.99 39 12%
$30 - $49.99 41 13%
$50+ 31 10%

Even Better! And yes, putting the products in his hands should help.....mine is now a cookware addict and he LOVES the host specials and freebies! The trips look good to him too and he even 'promotes' it to his friends at work.

tell him if the products were so overpriced and the want for them not very high, then why does PC still continue to do millions???
:D

Get him the BBQ tools-that convinced mine about the quality.

don't believe himWhat can I say but prove him wrong. sometimes you have to just do it to prove to yourself and everyone around you that you can do it. read and listen to everything that pampered chef has to offer the new consultant. sign up for teleclasses, do the online courses, mostly just believe. What the mind of a person can dream, believe, so can you achieve it. hope that helps

My husband didn't think much of PC took about 4 years of me selling before he looked at a catty he just did not care but he also was fine with me selling and making the $ My dad told me these things don't last but it is ok while it does that made me decide to be extremely successful and I have been selling for 9 years March 1 and a director since 99. So I proved them wrong and so happy I didn't listen.

Why has PC been in business for 20+ years when many, many companies that started back then have folded! Because they have quality, useful products and many at reasonable prices!

What interests does he have? Does he like power tools? Golf? He probably can't relate the value of the products we have and may never be convinced. Someone asked their spouse one time about the cost of some power tool he had bought and how many times a year he used it. Then related the cost of our products and that ours can easily be used everyday or several times a week. If he is into golf, the cost of this is quite high. A good club, golf balls and green fees will blow your hair back:eek: :eek: Pampered Chef will earn you money and personal growth...and eventually trips and the list goes on and on!

You are in a tough position because when we go through the challenges that there will sometimes be, we turn negative. Just remember that if you vent to him, he will be right there to turn negative too and say I told you so. So staying positive and motivated is going to be extra important to your business.

Frustration and negativity will eat away and suck the life out of you business. To me it is like a cancer. So as some one else suggested, go to meetings, listen to training CD's, take tele-classes, etc. in between meetings. Keep focused on how YOU successful you want your business to be and it will be all you want it to be.

I agree that not having him on board will make it more difficult. Until he changes, however, keep focused...it is not easy but you CAN do it!!! Keep coming back here for positive things and hopefully he will come around in his own time.
Ann

Only YOU know what YOU can do. If you want it then do it.....prove him wrong! Share your joys and accomplishments with him. Let him know that you need and want his support and that it is important to you.....then imagine his surprise when you start earning all the wonderful benefits and surprises that will come your way.....you can do it!

It's all relative....At a local Chamber event I had the Chamber President (who owns a successful computer and home theater business) complain to me in front of his staff "How come Pampered Chef cookware is so stinkin' expensive?" I said "Shane, if you were to build me a computer with a lifetime guarantee.. how expensive would it be?" His staff fell out laughing and his jaw dropped. :eek: You have to educate people and sometimes it is not easy. But perhaps you should share with your DH the experience of one of our local consultants whose DH bad mouthed her efforts for a year, until she won an incentive trip. 'So, he said, when are we going?' She sweetly said, "I am taking Mother this year because I could not have achieved this without her help, encouragement and support, keeping the kids while I did shows." Her DH has been a PC cheerleader ever since. ;)

Karo said:
But perhaps you should share with your DH the experience of one of our local consultants whose DH bad mouthed her efforts for a year, until she won an incentive trip. 'So, he said, when are we going?' She sweetly said, "I am taking Mother this year because I could not have achieved this without her help, encouragement and support, keeping the kids while I did shows." Her DH has been a PC cheerleader ever since. ;)

Woo Hoo!! Love it!!!!
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0045.gif

I have only been with PC 3 1/2 months. I don't make tons of money but I make enough to help or buy extras. My dh did not want me to sign up but I did b/c I had been wanting to do it for a year. yes, i have paid out money but I have made more than what I have paid out. i had to paid months dec & feb. couldn't get any shows. anyways i made over $800 those 2 months. pretty good for a couple of saturdays. since he has seen how big my checks are and can be he has shut up about it and hopes i will at least get the cruise! like one of the replies said PROVE 'EM WRONG! Thats what I did and will continue to do!!

I completely hear ya on this on, mine has his own business and he thinks he has to work non stop and I never see him, and it is like what I'm doing just isn't enough. But what I make goes back into the house...I don't see what he makes unless I ask for it!:confused:

heat123 said:
Ditto, that's funny! My DH isn't very supportive overall but he's not complaining any when my PC $ takes us on weekenders away to VEGAS, Disneyland, VEGAS and one of these days on a PAID vaca courtesy of TPC!;)

I really count my blessings. Evan is SO supportive of my PC business. He LOVES to travel but on his income we can't afford to go to anyplace fabulous - PC sends us on trips we couldn't otherwise afford so he LOVES that...plus HE is the cook in this family so he just goes NUTS for all the cokoing tools from PC. He truly is my biggest fan http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0063.gif

dannyzmom said:
I really count my blessings. Evan is SO supportive of my PC business. He LOVES to travel but on his income we can't afford to go to anyplace fabulous - PC sends us on trips we couldn't otherwise afford so he LOVES that...plus HE is the cook in this family so he just goes NUTS for all the cokoing tools from PC. He truly is my biggest fan http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0063.gif
That's awesome Carolyn! Maybe one day when I can afford our Mortgage he will be impressed and supportive and lovin a trip from TPC!;)

My DH is pretty supportive - takes care of DS w/o complaining, and helps me pack up for shows etc.....but he has some sort of mental block about my earning free stuff etc.....everytime I get something for free, he ALWAYS has to make some comment about why doesn't PC just pay me more money instead?......I've mentioned to him that it's actually saving him money, because if I didn't earn it for free, I'd be buying it.....but he still doesn't get it!

ChefBeckyD said:
My DH is pretty supportive - takes care of DS w/o complaining, and helps me pack up for shows etc.....but he has some sort of mental block about my earning free stuff etc.....everytime I get something for free, he ALWAYS has to make some comment about why doesn't PC just pay me more money instead?......I've mentioned to him that it's actually saving him money, because if I didn't earn it for free, I'd be buying it.....but he still doesn't get it!
Funny, DH says the same thing about more $$ instead of product. Or he jokes that I only get product and since he doesn't see the money in "our" acct. he totally voids it out like I do this for FREE or something!

My husband gets just as excited about freebies as I do. But then he doesn't take my income very seriously and just wants me to have fun with PC.

I bought him a couple items in February and the one he has used he is loving (the DCB). The other things are still in boxes while we wait for the construction to finish (next tuesday they tell me). He is so excited to be making 30 minute chicken in the DCB and he has dinner and lunches for the week.

Tell DH that I just recieved a mid-month check for $1,079 and that was for 5 shows. I still have 12 more shows to submitt this month. We are going to Atlantis in May. I have taken my DH to Montreal, Miami, Alaska and a Carribean Cruise. The whole family has been to Hawaii, Florida w/cash and Disney. Until this year I only did 8-10 shows a month.

The real money isn't the shows, it's the downline.

Oh...my DH didn't want me to sell PC. He thought I was too sensitive and shouldn't try it.

I just made $400,000 in carreer sales last week and I am $1,200 away from my 4th TPC!! This is a great business if you know your products and can pick up the phone!

You can do this!!! Once he has been on a free trip you will be addicted to PC's level of accomadations. Only the best will do!

Chefgirl2 said:
Tell DH that I just recieved a mid-month check for $1,079 and that was for 5 shows. I still have 12 more shows to submitt this month. We are going to Atlantis in May. I have taken my DH to Montreal, Miami, Alaska and a Carribean Cruise. The whole family has been to Hawaii, Florida w/cash and Disney. Until this year I only did 8-10 shows a month.

The real money isn't the shows, it's the downline.

Oh...my DH didn't want me to sell PC. He thought I was too sensitive and shouldn't try it.

I just made $400,000 in carreer sales last week and I am $1,200 away from my 4th TPC!! This is a great business if you know your products and can pick up the phone!

You can do this!!! Once he has been on a free trip you will be addicted to PC's level of accomadations. Only the best will do!
Most Impressive, $400k nice!

Tough
irishtwinsmommy said:
...with PC. I'm a new consultant, very excited about this, wanting to make some $$ for our family. My DH basically said that the products are overpriced, etc. What do/did you ladies do when people put your business down?

Thanks,
Michelle

It's sad to hear people put down our business or talk about PC being too pricey, but it's really tough when it's your hubby. I hope he will be more supportive but as someone else suggested, only you can prove him wrong. And not to spite him or to say "I told you so" but to say "Isn't this business wonderful!" And have him agree with you. That would be nice.

This has always been a hobby of mine and my hubby is very supportive. With four kids and one on the way he wants me to have something of my own to have fun with and to earn FREE products with. We are blessed financially with my hubby's job so that I don't have to earn an income for our family! I homeschool, and can be home with all my kiddos every day!!

Debbie :D

1. Is it true that Pampered Chef products are overpriced?

No, our products are actually competitively priced in the market. Plus, our products are backed by a satisfaction guarantee, so you can be confident in your purchase.

2. How can I convince my spouse that I can do well with Pampered Chef?

First, have an open and honest conversation with your spouse about your goals and why you believe in the company. You can also share success stories of other consultants and the potential for earning extra income for your family.

3. What kind of support does Pampered Chef provide for its consultants?

Pampered Chef offers extensive training, tools, and resources for its consultants to help them succeed. This includes online training, mentorship programs, and access to a supportive community of consultants.

4. How can I handle negative comments or criticism about my business from others?

Remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but don't let it discourage you. Instead, focus on the positive aspects of your business and the value that Pampered Chef products can bring to others.

5. Can I really make a significant income as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, many consultants have found success and have been able to earn a significant income through their hard work and dedication. As with any business, it takes time and effort to build a successful Pampered Chef business, but the potential is there.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Michelle Nab
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Michelle Nab
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • Michelle R Jackson