• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My CK Knife Isn't Cutting - Is It Warrantied?

In summary, the knife doesn't cut as well as it used to and the chip in the blade suggests that it might need to be sharpened. However, the knife has a lifetime warranty, so if that doesn't work, it can be sent back to the company for a replacement.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I noticed my CK isn't cutting like it used to.
I sharpened it, looked down on it and noticed that it looks "choppy".
Like it isn't straight anymore.
Is this warrantied? Should I have it proffessionally sharpened.

The knives have a lifetime warranty. You can call HO about it. :)

Have you tried the honing tool on it? My understanding is it helps keep the blad aligned between sharpenings, which you'd only need every 1-2 yrs.

Do you have the Forged Cutlery one or the Self Sharpening one?

I got the forged cutlery chef knife and used it a few times and then noticed a chip in the blade. I called HO yesterday and they are sending out a new one.

Geeze! I just got my Forged Cutlery Chefs knife. I hope that I don't have a problem with it. Can you use the honing tool on the old knifes?

No the honing tool is only for our forged steel knives. Every brand and type of knife has a certain angle and if you intercange our honer with other knives you will ruin the blades. don't use another honer on our knives either because it will mess up the blade. The sharpening rods that come with some knife sets are next to impossible to use since you have to have just the right angle of the knife to the rod for them to do their job. I once heard it was 32 degree angle. I wouldn't know how to create that angle or any other exact angle with the rod and the knife.

dcypcar.chef said:
No the honing tool is only for our forged steel knives. Every brand and type of knife has a certain angle and if you intercange our honer with other knives you will ruin the blades. don't use another honer on our knives either because it will mess up the blade. The sharpening rods that come with some knife sets are next to impossible to use since you have to have just the right angle of the knife to the rod for them to do their job. I once heard it was 32 degree angle. I wouldn't know how to create that angle or any other exact angle with the rod and the knife.
Thanks for the info! I knew someone could answer my question.

DebbieJ said:
Do you have the Forged Cutlery one or the Self Sharpening one?
It might help if I answered the questions :p
Anyways, I have the Self Sharpening, w/ the case.

Chozengirl said:
It might help if I answered the questions :p
Anyways, I have the Self Sharpening, w/ the case.
'

I really dislike that knife, especially now that we have the forged cutlery.

I've had problems with my SS knives chipping.

I wouldn't spend money getting it sharpened. I would spend money sending it back to the HO and getting a replacement.

1. Why is my CK knife not cutting properly?

There could be several reasons why your CK knife is not cutting properly. It could be due to dullness, improper use, or damage to the blade. It is important to properly maintain and use your knife to ensure optimal performance.

2. Is my CK knife covered under warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef knives, including the CK knife, come with a lifetime guarantee. If your knife is not performing as expected, we will replace it for you.

3. How do I care for my CK knife to prevent it from becoming dull?

To prevent your CK knife from becoming dull, make sure to hand wash it and dry it immediately after use. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers. Store it in a knife block or sheath to protect the blade.

4. Can I get my CK knife sharpened under the warranty?

Yes, if your CK knife becomes dull and is not performing as expected, we will gladly sharpen it for you. Simply contact our customer service team to initiate the sharpening process.

5. Can I return my CK knife if I am not satisfied with its performance?

Yes, we want all of our customers to be completely satisfied with their Pampered Chef products. If you are not happy with the performance of your CK knife, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
kam
  • PChefPEI
  • Products and Tips
Replies