• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivating New Recruits: A Challenge for Every Leader

In summary, Cathy is right - you need to have your 4 shows prior to signing. You should also make sure your new recruits are motivated and have a positive attitude.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I am having a heck of a time getting my new recruits qualified. They don't seem to have any faith in themselves. They aren't interested in any incentives or anything. I don't want to offer anything more - I want them to do it because they want to! Any suggestions?

I keep trying to go back to WHY they joined in the first place but I keep getting vague, un-committed answers so I don't know how to help them! I have 2 consultants that will gain SO much from this business but they don't seem to want to try!!!

Have you asked them bluntly if they're truly committed?
You may not need to do anything extra.
You can only offer so much motivation.
If they do not see the benefits or care for them, then there's not much you can do except letting them know you're available. Don't ever stop motivating them.
They could both be dealing with some personal issues that they don't feel comfortable discussing with you, and they have just put PC on the back burner. People surprise you. Don't give up on them.

This is why I make sure my new consultants have shows on their calendar before they sign. They are much more likely to be successful early on, which will make them more likely to be successful for a long time.Go back and try doing a "fresh start". I don't make it an option that my new recruits WON'T qualify in their 1st 30 days. I make sure they do. I would stay in touch and ask what they want from their businesses and find out how you can help them. Good luck - try working with your director on this, too, if you can!

cathyskitchen said:
This is why I make sure my new consultants have shows on their calendar before they sign. They are much more likely to be successful early on, which will make them more likely to be successful for a long time.

Go back and try doing a "fresh start". I don't make it an option that my new recruits WON'T qualify in their 1st 30 days. I make sure they do. I would stay in touch and ask what they want from their businesses and find out how you can help them. Good luck - try working with your director on this, too, if you can!

Cathy is so right. My director made me have my 4 show prior to signing, and my 30 days are up as of today. I qualified....yeah! I submitted the 4 shows and had sales over $1250.00. I'm so glad she insisted.

Hi there,I completely understand your frustration with your new recruits not being motivated and qualified. It can be challenging to get them to see the potential in themselves and the opportunity in front of them.One suggestion I have is to have a one-on-one conversation with each of your consultants. Ask them what their goals are and why they joined the business. Help them to see the bigger picture and how this opportunity can help them achieve those goals.Additionally, consider offering personalized training and support to help them build their confidence and skills. Sometimes, all it takes is a little extra guidance and encouragement to get someone to take action.Lastly, don't give up on them. Continue to be a supportive and understanding leader, and remind them of their why whenever they seem discouraged. With your guidance and their determination, I have no doubt they will find success in this business.Best of luck to you and your team!Sincerely,

1. What is the importance of motivating new recruits?

Motivating new recruits is crucial for the success of any organization. It sets the tone for their entire experience and can impact their productivity, engagement, and retention. It also helps in building a positive company culture and creating a cohesive team.

2. How can leaders effectively motivate new recruits?

Leaders can motivate new recruits by setting clear expectations, providing opportunities for growth and development, recognizing their achievements, and creating a supportive and inclusive work environment. It is also important for leaders to lead by example and show genuine care and interest in their team members.

3. What are some common challenges in motivating new recruits?

Some common challenges in motivating new recruits include differences in work styles and expectations, lack of understanding of company culture and values, and lack of experience in the industry. Additionally, external factors such as personal issues and job market conditions can also affect the motivation of new recruits.

4. How can leaders overcome these challenges?

Leaders can overcome these challenges by taking the time to get to know their new recruits, understanding their strengths and interests, and finding ways to align their goals with the goals of the organization. Communication is also key in addressing any misunderstandings or conflicts and creating a positive work environment. Providing ongoing support and mentorship can also help new recruits feel motivated and engaged.

5. What are some potential benefits of effectively motivating new recruits?

Some potential benefits of effectively motivating new recruits include increased productivity, higher job satisfaction and engagement, improved retention rates, and a positive impact on company culture. It can also lead to better teamwork, innovation, and overall success for the organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • kittychef