• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Ideas for a Mother-Daughter Cooking Show: Recipes, Games, and More!

In summary, the author is doing a mother and daughter cooking show this Sunday. They are going to make a grilled cheese sandwich, a taco ring, and an apple spider.
chefale
I just booked a mother and daughter cooking show. I was going to demonstrate the Light Taffy Apple Tartlets (w/f season’s best 2008), but I am not sure that would be a good recipe for participation with mother and daughter.

I would love some ideas for recipes, games or anything else that you can think of.

Let me know your thoughts...you are all so smart!

Thanks

I think those are a good choice, or the Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches, or the Truffle Brownie Cups if you want desserts. If you want more of an appetizer/main course, you could do the Mini Pesto Pizzas. I guess it just depends on the age of the daughters, but you can find something for all age ranges to do with all our recipes.
Young children-stir or scoop , use Bamboo spreaders or Safe Cutter to cut items
Older children-measure using all the different products, use Food Chopper (little kids can use this too), stir, mix, scoop, etc...
Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I think you can adapt any recipe to fit all age ranges. HTH

Great ideas! Thanks
The ages will be 10 and above. I am super excited. I would love to offer a fun game and a nice invitation, any ideas?

Ale

I am doing a mom and me show this Sunday and here is what I decided to do. First, I am going to have each kid make their own grilled cheese sandwich with the cut and seal and then bake them on the bar pan. Then we are going to make the Taco Ring. I will have the kids help fry the hamburger with the mix n chop, cut the lettuce with the nylon knife and spin it in the salad spinner, I will let them cut tomatoes with the tomato knife but they will have to use the finger guard. While that is cooking I am going to make an apple spider with the wedger and black cherry apples with the APCS. I had no clue what to do until i talked to my sis and she was able to come up with the perfect show and my host loved the ideas. Hope this helps!

nene960 said:
While that is cooking I am going to make an apple spider with the wedger and black cherry apples with the APCS.

Can you tell how you are going to do this, maybe post a picture... it sounds cool and could be used at a lot of shows this month! TIA!

I agree the apple spider could be used this season.

For the apple spider you wedge an apple with the apple wedger of course. Add a scoop of peanut butter to the middle of a plate and add the apple wedges around it for the spider legs. All you have to do next is add 2 raisins for the eyes and you have a spider!!! For the black cherry apples just peel and slice a granny smith using the apple peeler corer slicer and then cut the apple in half. Fill a powder/sugar with a box of powdered black cherry jello-do not get sugar free-and sprinkle the apples with with the jello. The apple need to be granny smith so you get the sweet/tart flavor. These are big hits with the kids and my kids are always asking for them. Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing! Sounds good!

I really like your ideas. They could be a blast at our Oct. Hayride and family fun day at church.

1. How can I get my daughter involved in cooking?

One way to get your daughter interested in cooking is by involving her in meal planning and grocery shopping. You can also start with simple recipes and let her assist in measuring and mixing ingredients. Additionally, consider signing up for a cooking class or workshop together.

2. What are some easy recipes to make with my daughter?

There are many simple and delicious recipes you can make with your daughter, such as homemade pizza, tacos, smoothie bowls, and homemade granola bars. You can also check out our website for kid-friendly recipes and ideas.

3. How can cooking together strengthen the bond between mother and daughter?

Cooking together can strengthen the bond between mother and daughter by providing a shared activity that promotes communication, teamwork, and problem-solving. It also allows for quality time and the opportunity to create memories.

4. What are some benefits of involving children in meal preparation?

Involving children in meal preparation can have many benefits, including teaching them valuable life skills, promoting healthy eating habits, and boosting their self-confidence and independence. It can also be a fun and educational way to spend time together as a family.

5. How can Pampered Chef products make cooking with my daughter easier and more enjoyable?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are designed to make cooking with your daughter easier and more enjoyable. For example, our kid-friendly knives and cutting tools make it safer for kids to help with meal prep. We also have fun and colorful kitchen gadgets and tools that can make cooking more exciting for children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtracy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
  • Nay0403