• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Most Under-Rated/Over-Rated Recipe

In summary, there are many recipes that people love and dislike. Dislike: Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet, Microwave Cakes, Grilled Chicken Al Fresco Pasta, Caramel Brownie thing, Jerk Chicken Nachos, and Creamy One Pot Pasta. Love: Pina Colada Upside Down Cake, Mini Pesto Pizzas, Steamed Wonton Purses, Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, Fresh Pineapple Salsa, Mexican Lasagna, Penne Pasta al Fresca, 30 Minute Chicken, Polenta Lasagna, Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Stew, Beef Enchilada Casserole, Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple, Jalapeno Popper Pizza, Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup, Ham & Cheese Breakfast Squares, and Sausage and Sundried Tomato Risotto. Additionally, everyone dislikes Crescent Rolls, Mexican dishes, Chili Cornbread Bake, Tres Leches Trifle, and Creamy One Pot Pasta.
ChefBeckyD said:
I think this is hard. There are many recipes that others love, and I don't. But then, also vice-versa.

I don't like:

Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet
Microwave Cakes - in any form, large or small
Grilled Chicken Al Fresco Pasta
The Caramel Brownie thing where you add the brown sugar

Ones that I LOVE:

Jerk Chicken Nachos (made with chipotle instead)
Pina Colada Upside Down Cake
Mini Pesto Pizzas
Steamed Wonton Purses
Creamy One Pot Pasta
Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
Fresh Pineapple Salsa

and.........

INCREDIBLE 30 MINUTE CHICKEN!!!

You MUST share the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake recipe! PLEASEEEEE

cheflorraine said:
Thanks for this tip... I've been doing the 'tasting station' with all the sauces, but it seemed as if I was just wasting it, as I don't think I've sold any sauces for quite a while. I'll give up on sauces for now and just focus on rubs.

I did the tasting stations at my April Shows as a test, and I sold 18 Raspberry Sauces and 12 Pineapple sauces. People responded very well to them.

leftymac said:
I did the tasting stations at my April Shows as a test, and I sold 18 Raspberry Sauces and 12 Pineapple sauces. People responded very well to them.

Tasting stations??

leftymac said:

Where was this? Franklin Lakes with the Housewives of New Jersey? Ha! Ha! :p

I could sell that many sauces in Naples but not my area. The economy is really bad here. I am trying my best.

DessertDivaFL said:
Where was this? Franklin Lakes with the Housewives of New Jersey? Ha! Ha! :p

I could sell that many sauces in Naples but not my area. The economy is really bad here. I am trying my best.

Haha. Well I live in Franklin Park NJ but it's nothing like Franklin Lakes! I don't even do anything besides say "these are our sauces, taste them. They're also both delicious on ice cream, pineapple is good on pork and chicken, and the raspberry is alsodelicious on a turkey sandwich". When people ask why they cost so much, I say it's bc they are made with all natural ingredients that you can pronounce, and those tend to be more expensive than processed ingredients.

No biggie if you can't sell them. Focus in what works for you!

leftymac said:
. When people ask why they cost so much, I say it's bc they are made with all natural ingredients that you can pronounce, and those tend to be more expensive than processed ingredients.

Love it!!
I sell a lot of them as well.
I also sell a ton of the Ginger Wasabi and the Thai Peanut...I tell people that when you have Chinese food leftovers and you have that little carton of white rice that's hard as a rock (hello, we all have it), just drizzle either of those sauces on the rice, over with plastic wrap and nuke for 30-60 seconds...poof!! A yummy moist new rice side dish!

Morning, I was asked to prepare a demo at our team meeting tonight. Can the Chili Cornbread Bake be made successfully with ground turkey rather than ground beef? Let me know what you guys think?

Triple K said:
Morning, I was asked to prepare a demo at our team meeting tonight. Can the Chili Cornbread Bake be made successfully with ground turkey rather than ground beef? Let me know what you guys think?

I always make it with lean ground turkey - I've never made it with ground beef.
I don't have all the liquid/grease to pour off that everyone else talks about.

Seems lately all I do is make a DCB chicken and the Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches Trifle. It is so EASY and now that the DCB is going "off sale" to guests, I am really pushing them at my shows!

DessertDivaFL said:
I had the 30 min chicken in DCB as a side item. Cut up chicken into cubes and had guests dunk into Ginger/Wasabi, Thai Peanut and Maple Honey Mustard sauces. They all were blown away by the chicken and the sauces. Only sold one DCB and no sauces. I think the moon was affecting my 24 guests last night. Show was barely over $500.

What an awesome demo idea! I can't believe you didn't sell ONE sauce! That's crazy!

chefsteph07 said:
What an awesome demo idea! I can't believe you didn't sell ONE sauce! That's crazy!

Yes, I believe the whole group was crazy because it was also a fundraiser and the average sales from each guest was $30.

Triple K said:

Yes. It works better with ground turkey IMHO!

Old School...I love the new bacon, linguini and tomato toss! Had it last night for dinner for my practice shoot for my show on Sunday and YUM!! :love:

I am old school though, I don't paticularly like microwave cake or meat... :yuck: Also anything with mushrooms.. :yuck:

I prefer to bake in oven, however... Carmel Apple Bread Pudding in DCB, yum...! I start in microwave and move to oven for 1/3 of the baking time and then also get the crunchy browned top to it. One recipe I do like tho is the Chicken Fajitas posted on website here. A lot quicker and easier that what I have done in past. On the flip side 2nd day heat up, I make in to Quesadilla's on stove top... yum!

I also like my All the Best. Love my crescent roll recipes. Yeah not the best for you but sure comfort food to me! I also always get WOW's at my shows when recipe comes out of oven...

Sweetness?? Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. I do a different spin on things though. I also sell Tastefully Simple and get the Almond Pound Cake for the Cake part in trifle and instead of all Strawberries, I use a frozen mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with the strawberries. Always a yum factor at shows.

I also have made and they always dissapear at parties in minutes is the Avacado Salsa Cups. These are soooo good! I make my guac differently though with cream cheese so this could be why they fly off the pan at a party!
Also add cilantro to my salsa and picky on my salsa, has to be Salsa Lisa.

Ok enough, have to go pre pack for my show...
I am sure I have more, but these are at the top of my head so they must stick in my head as my favorites and dislikes.

Thanks for the responses, I made the Chipolte Cornbread Chili with ground turkey and it was terrific. I poured off some of the extra juice, not all; since it wasn't greasy. New question: Mexican Cheese Lasagna - how long to bake in the oven rather than the microwave?

Thanks,

Kim

Mom to Kayla & Kirsten

I have only found one recipe I truely dislike - The Mexican Lasagna in the DCB! Strange - I know! Everyone else seems to like it on the board.

For loves - My family loves the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. (I think its ok)

I love the brie recipes!

I haven't really tried out the other recipes mentioned, so I need to get a move on! =)

avelissar said:
I have only found one recipe I truely dislike - The Mexican Lasagna in the DCB! Strange - I know! Everyone else seems to like it on the board.

I love the brie recipes!

I haven't really tried out the other recipes mentioned, so I need to get a move on! =)

Did you use red sauce or green sauce?? I personally think that the red sauce is bitter unless baked low and slow in the oven. Try green enchilada sauce, it is much better for quick cooking, not as bitter.

avelissar said:

I love the brie recipes!

what did you dislike? I make it with ground beef or turkey (usually a bag of the make ahead GB from the Power cooking theme) and I use flour tortillas. I did not care for the texture of the corn tortillas.

<h2>1. What is the most underrated recipe in your opinion?</h2><p>The most underrated recipe in my opinion is our Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts. They are super easy to make and packed with flavor, but often get overlooked in favor of more traditional side dishes.</p><h2>2. What makes the Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts so great?</h2><p>The combination of garlic, parmesan, and roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the brussels sprouts and creates a deliciously crispy texture. It's a perfect balance of savory and earthy flavors.</p><h2>3. Which recipe do you think is overrated?</h2><p>In my experience, the most overrated recipe is our Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo. While it's a crowd favorite, I find that the dish can be a bit bland and lacks the creamy richness of a traditional alfredo sauce.</p><h2>4. Are there any secret tips for making the Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo more flavorful?</h2><p>Yes! I recommend adding a splash of white wine or a sprinkle of Italian seasoning to the sauce for some added depth of flavor. You can also try using fresh parmesan instead of pre-shredded for a richer taste.</p><h2>5. What is your personal favorite recipe from Pampered Chef?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have tried many of our recipes and my personal favorite is the Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole. It's a one-pot meal that is packed with flavor and always a hit with my family. Plus, it's super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.</p>

1. What is the most underrated recipe in your opinion?

The most underrated recipe in my opinion is our Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts. They are super easy to make and packed with flavor, but often get overlooked in favor of more traditional side dishes.

2. What makes the Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts so great?

The combination of garlic, parmesan, and roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the brussels sprouts and creates a deliciously crispy texture. It's a perfect balance of savory and earthy flavors.

3. Which recipe do you think is overrated?

In my experience, the most overrated recipe is our Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo. While it's a crowd favorite, I find that the dish can be a bit bland and lacks the creamy richness of a traditional alfredo sauce.

4. Are there any secret tips for making the Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo more flavorful?

Yes! I recommend adding a splash of white wine or a sprinkle of Italian seasoning to the sauce for some added depth of flavor. You can also try using fresh parmesan instead of pre-shredded for a richer taste.

5. What is your personal favorite recipe from Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have tried many of our recipes and my personal favorite is the Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole. It's a one-pot meal that is packed with flavor and always a hit with my family. Plus, it's super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc