• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

More Details Please From Those of You Using the Dcb at Shows

In summary, the conversation was about a simple demo for a dish, specifically a 30-minute chicken recipe and tips for using the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) and cookware. The tips included making sure the microwave is big enough for the DCB, using a smaller bird for the chicken recipe, placing the bird breast-side up, and checking the temperature with a thermometer. Other recipe recommendations were the pork tenderloin, which only takes 20 minutes to cook, and the Asian Pork Noodle Skillet, which can be made even faster by cooking the pork in the DCB while preparing the other skillet ingredients. The conversation also included personal success stories with using the DCB and its ability to sell well at shows.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I want to know the recipe and some tips for at the show and doing the demo PLEASE!!!!

TIA!

Simple demo. I try to make it as easy as possible, so THEY buy the dish! I rinse off the chicken, pat dry. I cut and onion in half and put it in the cavity.

Put the lid on and wait for guests to arrive. once they arrive, I tell them what I did beforehand to save 5 mins. then I season with italian seasoning, paprika and microwave for 30 mins depending on microwave. (usually set it for 23 , and then add 7 if need be). always temp it with the thermometer.

Carve (let hostess carve it) and then serve with toothpicks.

I sell DCB's every time!!

Make sure their microwave is big enough to hold the DCB - that is the first step!

If you are doing the 30-minute chicken, make sure it is closer to 3.5 pounds or less. A larger bird might take more than 30 minutes.

Make sure to put it breast-side up. I agree with Vanessa - always make sure the temp is correct.

I actually like the pork tenderloin recipe better, in case you are trying to decide. It only takes 20 minutes!

The recipes are in this Fall/Winter's Season Best, which is also on consultant corner.

You can find the Pork Tenderloin stuff behind CC. I do the salad variation and everyone loves it and the demo is SO quick!

Don't forget the BBQ Ribs in 20 mins...... too that just came out!!!

I am finding that I can so the Asian Pork Noodle Skillet in less time by having the pork cooking in the DCB in to micro while I do the other skillet work-when the pork is done (only 20 mins), I add it to the skillet and just stir and serve! This way I have shown the DCB AND the cookware!

Great tip chef Meg, I think I will use pan o rama points to get the skillet!

chefmeg said:
I am finding that I can so the Asian Pork Noodle Skillet in less time by having the pork cooking in the DCB in to micro while I do the other skillet work-when the pork is done (only 20 mins), I add it to the skillet and just stir and serve! This way I have shown the DCB AND the cookware!

Ohhhhh!!! I like this! Can you share a bit about your demo please?

Sory I am just brain dead about new ideas lately!

I appreciate the help!

I lOVE the pork tenderloin in the DCB. I've made it a ton at home for dinner but also at shows. My guests and host from my show last night went CRAZY over the fact that it only took 6 minute to cook two tenderloins in it. I was surprised it only took 6 minutes. I set it for 6, then checked it thinking I'd have to put it in for another minute or two but it was done! And they loved the taste. There were only five guests there, one person ordered it at full price (woo hoo) and at least two of them are planning to do shows in October to get the DCB for 60% off.

I definitely recommend it!! I sold two of them at a show I hosted earlier this month because I made the pork in it.:D

:eek: All I do is put the tenderloins in side by side, spread a little veg oil over them and add the Asian Seasoning at this point. Into micro for ~8 minutes. In the meantime, I have a guest julienne the carrots, another slice the red pepper. I have in the skillet the sesame oil, I brown the veggies a little bit. The pork has to cool a little before you try to slice it, so I usually talk about the cookware and stoneware at this point. I then use the Santuko to slice the pork, add it to the skillet with veggies, add water, seasoning packets and noodles....walla! I have 7 shows booked for October because of the DCB-I swear, all you have to do is show the pork alone (without the Asian Skillet thing) and people just take it from there!

vwpamperedchef said:
Simple demo. I try to make it as easy as possible, so THEY buy the dish! I rinse off the chicken, pat dry. I cut and onion in half and put it in the cavity.

Put the lid on and wait for guests to arrive. once they arrive, I tell them what I did beforehand to save 5 mins. then I season with italian seasoning, paprika and microwave for 30 mins depending on microwave. (usually set it for 23 , and then add 7 if need be). always temp it with the thermometer.

Carve (let hostess carve it) and then serve with toothpicks.

I sell DCB's every time!!
Ok you just cut a 1/2 a onion and put it in whole,. or chop it up...?
that sounds good!Last night i made the chicken, and i washed it, pulled all the stuff out.. YUK.. and rubbed olive oil on top, with garlic, then sprinkled paprika and seasoning packet, and it came out AWESOME!! I really love this thing. I think it will be my New passionate product. People are probally tired of hearing me go on and on and on about it! But Im just so amazed!!!

oh , and the pork, soo easy. I just sliced the fat off, and popped it in there, rubbed oil on top, then seasoning. thats it! Ok all of you that are talking about two porks.. you bought 2 or you cut it in half and cooked it?

usually, at least when I have purchased a pork tenderloin, it comes "folded" into 2 sections which you can then cut in half and cook side by side

Maybe it's the area where I live......or because of my own excitement over it, but ALL of my hosts choose the chicken over the pork.

how long does it take to cook pork in the oven? i think i like the chicken more too. its more practical.

This fall I will be making the Microwave Quick Turkey Chili until they're begging me to stop! This might just be the perfect recipe.....healthy, fairly inexpensive (buy ground turkey in bulk when it's on sale), feeds a crowd, quick, DELICIOUS, and it's all made in one dish. Everyone has raved over this recipe at my shows. And from a consultant's standpoint uses some key products: DCB, mix and chop, food chopper, garlic press, forged cutlery utility knife.

You can get this recipe on CC....click on the whole "Products and Recipes" tab, and it's the first recipe under the Recipe heading.

I will have to try out that Turkey Chili recipe..for sure!

Thanks..

Had a small show last night - only 4 guests there (5 if you count the neighbor who popped in for 10 minutes!)Out of 4 guests - I got 3 bookings - 2 specifically because of the 30 minute chicken demo.
I had one open date on October - because of a reschedule....for OCT 8! One guest grabbed it right away (This was a date I didn't think I would be able to fill, because it's less than 2 weeks away!) The other booked a November show, but is planning to use a 1/2 off item to get the DCB. Several of my November shows are booked to get that DCB as a 1/2 off item. (the 3rd was for a bridal shower in the spring)
The fourth guest didn't book a show, because her mom booked the Oct 8 date, and she is going to book her show from her moms! ;)
Oh - and the neighbor who popped in? Yep! She just bought the DCB full price!The DCB with the 30 Minute Chicken demo is one of the best things to ever happen to my business!:D

Well, you've talked me into it - I'm going to only offer the 30 minute chicken from now on! Seriously though, I haven't offered it yet because I haven't wanted to carve it in front of a crowd. I made it at home and it was really good and so incredibly easy, but I was very clumsy with the carving part and I've tried to steer clear of it for that reason. Do you guys have any tips for carving?

Also I was wondering do you all just put the seasoning on it or do you mix it with flour like the recipe says??

kearstin said:
Well, you've talked me into it - I'm going to only offer the 30 minute chicken from now on! Seriously though, I haven't offered it yet because I haven't wanted to carve it in front of a crowd. I made it at home and it was really good and so incredibly easy, but I was very clumsy with the carving part and I've tried to steer clear of it for that reason. Do you guys have any tips for carving?

I cut mine with the kitchen scissors - I cut off the legs first, the thighs, and wings, Then, I cut the breast in half, and slice that up. I warn them before I start cutting that it's not going to be pretty!:rolleyes: Last night one lady bought the scissors because she couldn't believe I cut through chicken bones with them.

chefheidi2003 said:
Also I was wondering do you all just put the seasoning on it or do you mix it with flour like the recipe says??

I have found that if you oil the chicken, and then use the flour/spice mix, you get the best "crust" on your chicken. I like to substitute the BBQ rub or McCormicks Rotisserie Chicken seasoning for part of the paprika.

I was thinking that that was might have made my skin crispy since I have seen a lot of people say that they don't get a crispy skin...I used Flour, bbq rub, and pepper. Then we put a clove of garlic inside of it.

chefheidi2003 said:
I was thinking that that was might have made my skin crispy since I have seen a lot of people say that they don't get a crispy skin...I used Flour, bbq rub, and pepper. Then we put a clove of garlic inside of it.

I think that's true. Also - I forgot to brush it with oil a couple times, and didn't get the nice crispy skin either. PLUS - if they are leaving the lid on, I don't think you will get the nice crust - it will be too steamed to get crispy.

kearstin said:
I think I am going to leave the carving to the host and the guests! Leave my Santoku right there with the bird and let them cut off whatever they want!

I'm not the best carver either!

That is what I did at my open house. It was supposed to be dinner for my family for the next night since I was demoing the Garden Pizza but everyone had some of the chicken. LOL I did get two bookings from that for this month.

Tracy

chefmeg said:

That's a great tip!! I like it!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Related to More Details Please From Those of You Using the Dcb at Shows

What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is a versatile stoneware baking dish that can be used in the microwave, oven, and even on the grill. It works by evenly distributing heat and steam, resulting in perfectly cooked meals every time.

What types of dishes can I make in the DCB?

The DCB is perfect for making a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasts, chicken, fish, and even desserts. The possibilities are endless!

Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it?

No, the DCB does not require preheating. However, if you are using it in the oven, it is recommended to place the dish in the cold oven and then turn on the heat to prevent cracking.

Can I use metal utensils with the DCB?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the DCB as it can scratch the surface. Use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils instead.

How do I clean and care for my DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but for best results, hand wash with warm water and mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners. Also, be sure to allow the dish to cool completely before washing or placing in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mickirene