• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Your First Conference: Budgeting Tips and Expectations

And a REALLY good last minute thing...one of my recruits has a bad back and didn't want to carry a briefcase...she used a rolling backpack...and she had TWO!! So she lent me one! That was THE BEST...because I could haul around water bottles and apples and CAKE MIX BOXES (LOL) without breaking my back! I will definitely be using a rolling backpack again...
Chozengirl
Gold Member
OK, this is my first year.
So I know
1-you have to pay for the conference
2- buy the flight
3- pay for accomedations
But what else should I expect to put out?
I am on a tight budget to go period, but I am trying to figure out how much I am going to need to save up.

Chozengirl said:
OK, this is my first year.
So I know
1-you have to pay for the conference
2- buy the flight
3- pay for accomedations
But what else should I expect to put out?
I am on a tight budget to go period, but I am trying to figure out how much I am going to need to save up.
Flights from cali are around $200 (wait awhile there too HIGH right now)
Hotel ($169/night x 2-3 nights divided by 4 people)
Registration ($175-200)
Food and Any shopping/Sight seeing

I usually plan on about $700-800 Total
HTH Laurel

If you sign up for conference club, that really helps with paying for registration. I usually end up spending about $500 or so...it all depends on where you eat your non-conference meals, and if you do any sight-seeing or shopping (which there's tons of that to do!).

If you do any shopping with the licensed vendors, they usually offer some sort of special for people who are there, so plan for that. I usually hold my orders until I go.

There are ways to help keep costs down, like not purchasing snacks at the conference center. But you'll definitely need to take some money for meals and tips (cabs, chambermaid, etc.).

I completely agree on Conference Club - you'll get the Early Bird price, and you won't be shelling out the whole amount at once. It makes it a little more bearable.

chefann said:
If you do any shopping with the licensed vendors, they usually offer some sort of special for people who are there, so plan for that. I usually hold my orders until I go.

There are ways to help keep costs down, like not purchasing snacks at the conference center. But you'll definitely need to take some money for meals and tips (cabs, chambermaid, etc.).

I completely agree on Conference Club - you'll get the Early Bird price, and you won't be shelling out the whole amount at once. It makes it a little more bearable.

My first year at conference I felt like I was spending SO much $$ at the conference center on food - it was likr $6 for a bagel and I am a big eater...if I don't have some sort of snack every hour or so, I get all woozy and dizzy. So this past year DH planned a head for me (he is so good) and got me some of those little tuna salad kits with crackers and a can of tuna, and some high protien granola packs and healthy portable snacks that i was able to keep in my backpack with me all day so I was able to snack whwnever I needed to, but didn't have to pay through the nose for a stale bagel - LOL

dannyzmom said:
My first year at conference I felt like I was spending SO much $$ at the conference center on food - it was likr $6 for a bagel and I am a big eater...if I don't have some sort of snack every hour or so, I get all woozy and dizzy. So this past year DH planned a head for me (he is so good) and got me some of those little tuna salad kits with crackers and a can of tuna, and some high protien granola packs and healthy portable snacks that i was able to keep in my backpack with me all day so I was able to snack whwnever I needed to, but didn't have to pay through the nose for a stale bagel - LOL

Plus the lines are usually sooooo long! I packed protein bars, nuts, and apples - and took a water bottle w/ me every day....the one thing I really wanted and never got was a Starbucks at the Conf. Center - the lines were always way to long, and never had the time to just stand there!

ChefBeckyD said:
Plus the lines are usually sooooo long! I packed protein bars, nuts, and apples - and took a water bottle w/ me every day....the one thing I really wanted and never got was a Starbucks at the Conf. Center - the lines were always way to long, and never had the time to just stand there!

And a REALLY good last minute thing...one of my recruits has a bad back and didn't want to carry a briefcase...she used a rolling backpack...and she had TWO!! So she lent me one! That was THE BEST...because I could haul around water bottles and apples and CAKE MIX BOXES (LOL) without breaking my back! I will definitely be using a rolling backpack again this year!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
There's a http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=124 right across the street from the hotel - it's at the end of the block where you get on the bus.http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/assets/images/warning.gif

Last edited:
dannyzmom said:
And a REALLY good last minute thing...one of my recruits has a bad back and didn't want to carry a briefcase...she used a rolling backpack...and she had TWO!! So she lent me one! That was THE BEST...because I could haul around water bottles and apples and CAKE MIX BOXES (LOL) without breaking my back! I will definitely be using a rolling backpack again this year!!!

I got my rolling bag back from my mom--she had borrowed it and wasn't using it anymore. I will DEFINITELY be using it this year! After Leadership, there is NO WAY I am lugging a bag around again.

Good tips on the backbacks. I'm going to have to see if I can pick one up. The only rolling one's we have right now are Bob the Builder and Barbie. :D

A rolling bag is a great asset. I am definetly bringing one this year! The last time I went I used the bag we got at conf. I also tried to bring my own snacks. I was 10 weeks pregnant and not feeling to well so once I filled my bag with water, snacks, notebook etc... not to mention buying stuff from vendors my shoulers were killing me! I also was not at a conf hotel so I had to walk like 5 blocks from the Sheraton to my hotel. After all the walking at McCormic I was exhausted!

Last year was my first year. My husband and I were on a tight budget as well and we still are. I am going to to go this year as well. Conference club is a great thing. It removes money from each month end comission until it reaches the amount that you decided to put in this fund. I also packed some granola bars not necessarily because it saved money, but also because it saves some time. I am a munchy type of person and some classes are back to back and you do quite a track to get to them and you just don't have time to get anything. Water bottle is a definite must. I really didn't spend too much money. The only thing that I really bought was stuff from Nancy's Artworks. I realized that the VIP and Merrill vendors had great stuff but that almost all of the stuff would be online when I got home which would give me time to reevaluate whether or not I really need the items, and I didn't have to wait in line. As far as hotel accomodations go, you will want to share a room and split costs for sure. Book early. There were so many other conferences going on last year that I ended up in one of the conference hotels, which are much more expensive. However, the good thing about conference hotels is that there are shuttles that take you directly back and forth to your hotel and conference center. I hope that some of this helps.

I bought at Conference in 2005 the rolling PC bag and I think I'm going to have to take it. I'm not sure because the wheels aren't the greatest but now you have me wondering.

I also did conference club but it's only taking out for 3 months. I'm not quite sure why but it will pay for the early bird fee and I'm cool with that.

Thanks for all the tips.
I am enrolled in Conference Club, but unfortunately I went inactive this month due to no shows.
But I do have a $530 show going in this week,so that might help.
Does anyone know if you loose your $$ that is in there already if you go inactive?

I can't imagine that. It's your money. If you wind up not going to conference they put it in with your next commission check.

I took snacks and water with me. I need to keep my blood sugar level. With all the stair-climbing and rushing from here to there, I needed the snacks. The rolling briefcase is a stroke of genius!

1. What is the purpose of More Conference?

The purpose of More Conference is to provide training, inspiration, and networking opportunities for Pampered Chef consultants to help them grow their business and achieve their goals.

2. When and where is More Conference held?

More Conference is typically held in the summer or fall at a selected location in the United States. The exact dates and location are announced each year on the Pampered Chef website and through consultant communication.

3. How much does it cost to attend More Conference?

The cost of attending More Conference varies each year and is typically announced in the months leading up to the event. This cost includes registration, meals, and some conference materials. Travel and accommodations are not included.

4. Can I bring a guest to More Conference?

Unfortunately, More Conference is only open to registered Pampered Chef consultants. Guests, including family members, are not permitted to attend the conference.

5. Will there be product demonstrations and sales at More Conference?

Yes, there will be product demonstrations and sales at More Conference. This is a great opportunity to see new products in action and make purchases at a discounted price. However, purchasing products is not mandatory and is completely optional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • babywings76
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebinCincy