• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mom's Night Out Martini Party??

In summary, the host called for a girl's night out with a demonstration, but some of the mothers were more interested in the Night Out and the martinis instead of the demonstration. The expert summarizer recommends making the salsa with the salad chopper and offering a brie recipe.
luvtocook
Hi!

Just got a call to do a show next week...for a group of Mom's who are looking for a girl's night out. Most have never been to a PC show...and I think some are more interested in the Night Out and the Martinis instead of the demonstration?

I promised the host I would keep it short and sweet! I'm thinking of making the salsa with the salad chopper? Any other suggestions for something that is quick....and kinda upscale looking??

I personally love the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, but this crowd...it wouldn't fly...they're "Country Club" if ya know what I mean and wouldn't eat a cheeseburger!

Mary

How about one of the brie recipes from the Fall SBRC/Bevs and Bites show? Those are classy, short, and can show a lot of tools for being such an easy demo.

I agree with Ann on the Brie, I did that for some gals who were all in a country club and the greek cheese torta.
savory cheese crostini ( fall s/b) something in the minimuffin pan, mini quiches?? Savory Veggie mini Quiches ( All The Best Cookbook), Summer Tortellini Salad ( All the Best Cookbook) I am making mini ham puffs for a cocktail party I am having on Sunday for my Taste of Home Entertaining Party. If you need any of these recipes, I'd be happy to get them to you :)
I am all about the martini's YUM YUM!!!

Here's another vote for the brie. I sometimes offer a 'tuscany' theme that goes over well with the 'country club' crowd. I make the sun-dried tomato and pesto version of the brie (super quick) and the cappucinno mousse trifle. If the host is making martinis for everyone, I have a wicked good recipe for a chocolate martini...it's great in the quick stir pitcher.

Alright! The Brie wins! And I would love the choc martini recipe for the Quick Stir pitcher too please!!!!

Thank you!!!

I love doing the artichoke cups and think of them as "upscale"... also there is an older recipe for the asparagus wrapped in phylo (sp??) dough.

Good luck with the show...let me know how it goes...I have a host that thinking about doing a martini party too...we're going to call it the "Yellow Cab Martini Party"...emphasis on the 'yellow cab'...haven't talked menu and I haven't tried the brie yet but certainly will try it now! Thanks ladies!

Well....at least I can say now I know what it feels like to have a show bomb!!! It was pretty bad. 4 guests showed...two in addition to the hostess do not cook, bake nor have any desire to start cooking or baking. They were strictly mom's with a sitter for the night who wanted to talk about clothes and looked at me like I had three heads when I said cooking is fun.

Two guests paid attention and asked questions...while the host and other 2 Mom's talked and talked and talked on their own. I made the elegant artichoke cups and the salsa and called it good. Short demonstrations...took three orders...not enough to get the show to $150.

It's a good idea....a good theme...but it was the wrong crowd for a show. They just wanted to drink and chat!!!!

luvtocook said:
Well....at least I can say now I know what it feels like to have a show bomb!!! It was pretty bad. 4 guests showed...two in addition to the hostess do not cook, bake nor have any desire to start cooking or baking. They were strictly mom's with a sitter for the night who wanted to talk about clothes and looked at me like I had three heads when I said cooking is fun.

Two guests paid attention and asked questions...while the host and other 2 Mom's talked and talked and talked on their own. I made the elegant artichoke cups and the salsa and called it good. Short demonstrations...took three orders...not enough to get the show to $150.

It's a good idea....a good theme...but it was the wrong crowd for a show. They just wanted to drink and chat!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't stand rude people!! How rude of the host to have you in her home then talk while you were trying to do your demo, some people have some nerve!!!! Sounds like you handled it like a true pro!!!:)

Sorry it didn't work out...It might the next party if you decide to ever try it again...I guess the hosts just don't always realize that if they have crummy attendence, sales, etc. that they don't get to reap the benefits...and they also don't realize that it is a couple of hours of "OUR" lives that have been wasted also...sometimes the commission on a $150 party just isn't worth the time that goes into it...however, we forget about that when we get the big shows and big $$, etc.! I would definitely try and get some outside orders to add to get you to the $150 to qualify the show....keep your chin up!

I'm ok with it....I'm just glad it's over. I'll try to scrape up some orders for her to get to the $150....but I don't think she even cares....think she had the party because she thought she was doing me a favor? It's all good. On a positive note, I used the Salad Chopper (that I had to borrow) for the first time and LOVED it! Now I want one of my own!!

Anyone have that chocolate martini recipe?

I have an easy chocolate martini recipe. It's cool because it's completely clear, so it looks like water.Combine equal parts
• vanilla vodka
• clear creme de cacao
Serve.

chefann said:
I have an easy chocolate martini recipe. It's cool because it's completely clear, so it looks like water.

Combine equal parts
• vanilla vodka
• clear creme de cacao
Serve.

Do you garnish the glass with chocolate syrup?

I never bother. But then, when I make these at a show, it's the super-easy second recipe. (Although I make it first so that everyone has a drink in their hand for the rest of the show.)

lissahope26 said:
Anyone have that chocolate martini recipe?

This is my favorite chocolate martini recipe... at my bar we refer to it as the "chocolate milk" drink

equal parts:
grey goose vodka
bailys
kahlua
frangelico

shaken to give it a nice frothy top! yum, yum :thumbup:

Interesting. There's nothing actually chocolate flavored in it. ;)

hmmmmm sounds good.. I need a trip to the liquor store........

chefann said:
Interesting. There's nothing actually chocolate flavored in it. ;)

Crazy, I know, but try it! I make gazillions of these on a Friday night, girls love 'em! garnish w/a maraschino cherry...

merego said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't stand rude people!! How rude of the host to have you in her home then talk while you were trying to do your demo, some people have some nerve!!!! Sounds like you handled it like a true pro!!!:)

I just had a show for my sister in law, and she did the exact same thing. Drove me nuts! At one point I felt like I was yelling over top her conversation. Sorry it dodn't go so well.

I found out that after I left the host and her 2 chatty friends hightailed it out of the house to a bar! I did get the show to $150, but just barely. I have a show this Monday with a host and guests who actually cook! Imagine that!!!

legacypc46 said:
I make the sun-dried tomato and pesto version of the brie (super quick) and the cappucinno mousse trifle.

Does anyone have the recipe for the brie or the mousse?

The brie is in the F/W SBRC, so it's still on CC.

What is a Mom's Night Out Martini Party?

A Mom's Night Out Martini Party is a fun and interactive event hosted by Pampered Chef consultants, where moms can come together to learn new recipes and techniques for making delicious martinis.

Do I have to know how to make martinis to attend?

No, absolutely not! Our consultants will guide you through each step of the martini-making process, so even if you have never made a martini before, you will leave feeling like a pro.

What types of martini recipes will be featured at the party?

We have a variety of martini recipes to choose from, including classic cocktails like a cosmopolitan or a dirty martini, as well as more unique and creative options. Our consultants can also provide non-alcoholic options for those who do not drink.

Can I bring my own ingredients?

While we encourage guests to bring their own favorite spirits or mixers, our consultants will provide all the necessary ingredients for the featured recipes. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to try each drink and have a great time!

Is there a cost to attend a Mom's Night Out Martini Party?

There is no cost to attend a Mom's Night Out Martini Party. Our consultants host these parties as a fun and social way to introduce new products and recipes to our customers. However, if you choose to purchase any Pampered Chef products during the party, that is completely optional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leftymac
  • pamperedmomtoalex
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies