• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mommy and Me Baking Class: A Fun Way to Bond and Bake with Your Little Ones!

In summary, this woman has an idea to offer a "mommy and me" bake and take cookie class at her home in the month of December to her past hosts and customers. She wants to know if she can charge $5 or $10 for the cost of ingredients and if she should cover the cost of the ingredients. She is also thinking of doing a fundraiser Cookie Decorating Party next week.
chefsteph07
I had an idea last night to offer a "mommy and me" bake and take cookie class at my home in the month of Dec to my past hosts and customers...basically, I'm thinking of just telling them to come to my home for an afternoon, bring the kids, I'd have the baking tools here, and they can do a dozen or two cookies with the kids, while hopefully getting some orders...

I don't know, like I said, it was just a light bulb that went off last night and I was wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this before...

could I charge like $5 or $10 for the cost of ingredients? (flour, butter, choc chips, etc) or would I have to cover that and just eat the cost? If I do this I want to pick a date and get the word out TODAY.

I did a cookie show with mothers and daughters several years ago. It did go over well. The only downfall was baking the cookies. Unless you have a double oven it takes a while to get the cookies all baked. I found myself running to the oven most of the time. I would love to hear a better plan than mine!

What did you do about supplying ingredients? I know that can get costly...or did you have the guests bring an item to share, like someone bring choc chips, someone bring M and M's, etc?

I'm doing a fundraiser Cookie Decorating Party next week with a group of Brownies, and their moms......the Troop leader and I are going to both pre-bake some cookies - using the pre-made dough - and just do round cookies. Then we are going to set up stations for the girls and their moms to use different tools for decorating. We are also going to have a station to make the Pretzel Wreaths.
We will have the EAD (2) the Decorator Bottle Set (2), small spreaders (4), creative cutters, cinnamon & caramel sprinkles, chopper.......and lots of Christmas sprinkles too!,

I am renting my local school's foods room. I have 6 ovens to bake cookies. The first time I did it, I had stations
drop cookies using the scoop
pressed cookies with our cookie press
decorating station where I had cookies already baked
rolled cookies with our cookie cutters
the kids put their names on a piece of parchment paper and transfer all their creations to the parchment paper then I put this on the stone to bake and the kids got all their own cookies back.
This year I bought decorator bottles as gifts for the kids
I am charging to cover the cost of renting the school and the gift is hidden in the cost.
I hope this is not too confusing

No, it's not confusing at all, these are all great ideas...

Anyone have a sample of a FLYER for this to send out on email?

this is the ad I am using
hope it is useful
lorna

Attachments

• cookie workshop flyer.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 456
Lorna May said:
this is the ad I am using
hope it is useful
lorna

This flyer is great, I edited a few things and I am sending it out to my email contacts, I already got one customer who RSVP'd! EEKS! Guess I better get some ideas on how to do this! LOL I'm not even done sending out the emails yet! ha ha

this sounds great, we could use it for brownie troups, junior girlscouts, maybe even MOPS groups.

absolutely! One of my customers who RSVP'd today told me I should do something once a month w/ a different theme. I think once a month would be too much, but why not Valentines Day? Easter? Mothers Day? Fathers day? etc.

Another one of my customers suggested I make mini cupcakes in the mini muffin pan and have frosting for that too, and just use that frosting w/ sugar cookies. I'm getting lots of positive feedback from my customers.

Does anyone know if we can order multitudes of things from the outlet? I was thinking of offering the kids apron set as a gift but I don't know if I can order more than one.

I love this idea!

I believe that you can order up to 10 of any one item. I think this is a great idea! I think I'd try to get a mom to volunteer her home since mine wouldn't be the best. Nice kitchen, but not for lots of bakers. I think I would pre-bake most of the cookies and leave them for decorating since that's the "fun". Just leaving a bit to play with so the parents could see the cookie press and such. Be sure (if it's Dec) that you have a flyer showing the guest special b/c you'll be using a ton of that. I'd show the pastry mat as a great place to cut your cookies too.Thanks for the ideas!!

WOW!! I love this thread!! thanks for all the ideas!! I may be using this for Valentine's day if I cant get something organized in December. This is an amazing idea!!

1. What is the age range for the Mommy and Me Baking Class?

The Mommy and Me Baking Class is designed for children ages 3-8 years old.

2. Can both parents attend the class with their child?

Yes, both parents are welcome to attend the class with their child. However, due to limited space, we ask that only one parent attends per child.

3. Do we need to bring our own aprons and baking supplies?

No, all aprons and baking supplies will be provided for the class. However, if you have a special apron or baking tool that you would like to use, you are welcome to bring it with you.

4. What types of recipes will we be making in the class?

The Mommy and Me Baking Class will feature a variety of fun and easy recipes, such as cookies, cupcakes, and simple breads. All recipes will be kid-friendly and use basic ingredients.

5. Can we take home the treats we make in the class?

Of course! You and your child will have the opportunity to take home all of the treats you make in the class. We also provide recipe cards so that you can recreate the treats at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carol
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • chefmom