1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Molten Lava

1. I used the dcb for molten lava cake today. Is it normal for the icing to turn to liquid at the bottom? I was really surprised by this....the cake tasted yummy but I ended up scooping out the liquid and pouring it over the cake. Just wondering if I messed up or if this was normal.

Aug 30, 2009
  2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

Yep that's exactly what you want it to do!

Aug 30, 2009
  3. KaryCam

KaryCam Member Gold Member

can someone give me the recipe for this?

thanks so much.

Aug 30, 2009
  4. Jinkies

Jinkies Member

All you do, so that you don't have to scoop out frosting, is flip the cake over onto the plate and and the frosting will be all over the top! :thumbup:
    Just make sure to use a platter otherwise there will be frosting dripping over the edge!

Aug 30, 2009
  5. 1234blessed

1234blessed Novice Member

I know it has been posted here multiple times, but I still can't seem to find it:(
    How do you make the lava cake in the dcb? I know how to make it in the fluted pan, I just haven't tried it in the dcb. Do you leave the lid on or off? How long does it take to cook & how long does it set?

Sep 16, 2009
  6. Rosechef

Rosechef Member

If it's anything like the peanut butter dump cake, all you do is make the cake according to the directions and add the frosting on top. Cook for 12 minutes, top off. If you add peanut butter, it does this really cool swirly thing when you flip it over and it looks fabulous!!

Sep 16, 2009
  7. You put the cake mix in the DCB, add scoops of the frosting on the top and put it in the microwave (uncovered) for, I believe, 10 minutes. :D

8. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

An alternate name is the Chocolate Volcano Cake (due to the lava like appearance of the melted frosting flowing down the sides of the cake when you do it right I'm thinking...).​

Sep 17, 2009
Have something to add?