• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Minute Rice in a Rice Cooker?

I live/work in Oneonta, but I'm originally from a small town in the foothills of the Adirondacks! Not too far :)
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
Hi All.... I had a guest ask me about this last night, and told them I would get back to them ASAP.....thanks in advance :)

I use the minute rice brand but make sure it long grain.
Where are you in upstate NY? I'm from Syracuse.

I live/work in Oneonta, but I'm originally from a small town in the foothills of the Adirondacks! Not too far :)Thanks for the answer!

I use the Minute Rice all the time and it works great.

Yep, me too! No problems with minute rice!

Thanks everyone...I love making customers excited about our products and their uses!!! :)

Rice CookerHas anyone made the chocolate cake in the rice cooker that you put frosting into the middle? How is it?

I didn't make the cake, but I've eaten it. It's good.

And, I cook Minute Rice in the rice cooker all the time--both brown and white. A little rice tip: I use 1/2 water and 1/2 milk for white rice. It boosts the nutrition and the flavor. For brown rice I use beef, chicken, or vegetable broth instead of the water. Again, it adds flavor and nutrition.

Do you just cook for however long the package says if it's minute rice or regular?

...Ok, I just looked up the product information guide on CC. Read to use the microwave timing. I'm borrowing a friend's rice cooker. time to go play!

Last edited:
I have made the cake in the rice cooker with the frosting in the middle it is also great, I also made the No oil, No water, No egg Cake in the micro and it was great also

Regular rice is 2 cups (or just a bit less) and 1 cup rice. Then cook on high for 5 minutes and medium for 15 minutes. The rice comes out perfect. However, I just use the large microwave cooker, not the rice cooker.

jenniferknapp said:
I live/work in Oneonta, but I'm originally from a small town in the foothills of the Adirondacks! Not too far :)

Thanks for the answer!

Wow, I grew up in Oneonta....it's cool to see other people from there. It's such a small world!

lilchef22 said:
Wow, I grew up in Oneonta....it's cool to see other people from there. It's such a small world!

How cool :)

Minute rice is fine in the micro cooker but not recommended for the rice cooker (since its already cooked and dehydrated).

1. Can I use Minute Rice in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can use Minute Rice in a rice cooker. It is a convenient and easy way to make fluffy, perfectly cooked rice in just minutes.

2. How much water do I need to add for Minute Rice in a rice cooker?

The general rule of thumb is to use 1.5 cups of water for every 1 cup of Minute Rice. However, be sure to check your rice cooker's instructions for specific water-to-rice ratios.

3. Can I add any other ingredients to the rice cooker with Minute Rice?

Yes, you can add other ingredients like vegetables, seasonings, and proteins to the rice cooker with Minute Rice. Just be sure to adjust the water ratio accordingly and add the ingredients at the appropriate time during the cooking process.

4. How long does Minute Rice take to cook in a rice cooker?

Minute Rice typically takes around 10-15 minutes to cook in a rice cooker. However, the exact cooking time may vary depending on the specific rice cooker model and the amount of rice being cooked.

5. Can I make multiple servings of Minute Rice in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can make multiple servings of Minute Rice in a rice cooker. Just be sure to adjust the water and rice ratio accordingly and check the rice cooker's capacity to ensure it can hold the desired amount of rice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • kkimpinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • NewDirectorKaren