• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is Customer Service Getting Lost in Translation?

In summary, this lady was obviously new to the job and had no idea how to do her job. She was very difficult to understand and it was difficult to get her to understand what I was asking for. I had to keep repeating myself and it was frustrating. I hope we don't start having callers like this.
flemings99
Gold Member
OK, I'm all for blending of people here in the US but when I call HO I do expect to get someone who speaks English well! This lady obviously was new (or so I assume) and I did keep my patience but it was VERY DIFFICULT! If I didn't know we were based here in the US, I would have thought I was talking to someone in another country. I certainly hope we don't start doing that!

I just needed to do an exchange for a cookie sheet to a large sheet pan. She tried to tell me the customer was going to owe $....uh, no they are the same price. Then she insisted that she lived in a different city than the correct one b/c the system was pulling up a different city by the zip code. I tried to explain to her that we have multiple cities within the same zip code here and there is a drop down menu to select the proper city. She assured me she had no such menu. WHAT? I find that very hard to believe. Plus, if I entered it in the show customer screen don't they see the information as far as contact info. when we submit the show? So, I leave the adjustment as complete with the wrong city for delivery. She assures me that it will make it to her just fine. Anyone else had this happen? Did the product actually go where it was supposed to go? I'm a little concerned.:(

I would call back and give a new operator your reference number and have her check on it. She can make the change if needed to get it to the correct place.

Ditto what Beth said.

I have a vague memory of hearing several years ago that they do cross training at HO whereby people from one department work in another department for a bit to understand how it works. Maybe this is one instance of that happening. I would think it would benefit everyone in the solution center to work in some of the other departments esp. the warehouse for a little bit to see how it works.

I've never had a problem like that with our HO, but when I call a company for something and get a person that I can't understand I just tell them that I can't understand them and ask if there is someone available who doesn't have such a strong accent.Sometimes it works -- sometimes it doesn't....

flemings99 said:
OK, I'm all for blending of people here in the US but when I call HO I do expect to get someone who speaks English well! This lady obviously was new (or so I assume) and I did keep my patience but it was VERY DIFFICULT! If I didn't know we were based here in the US, I would have thought I was talking to someone in another country. I certainly hope we don't start doing that!
:(

I almost came on here to post the same exact thing yesterday:bugeye::bugeye: I try to only call in with CS issues when I can take care of several at once and yesterday I had 6 to deal with and by the 2nd one I was ready to pull my hair out. I had to spell everything S as in Sam A as in apple, I couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand me, it was not fun!!!

This is terrible but when I get someone like that, I just say over and over, "I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying..." until they give up and hand me off to someone else. I feel bad but it works... :(

Bwahaha! I haven't been there with PC's customer service yet, but there was ONE lady who worked in the warrant confirmation division at Dallas County Sheriff's Department that was like that. I called one night to confirm a warrant on a guy named Smith & she actually needed me to spell S-M-I-T-H. I got so frustrated with her I told her I needed to speak with someone who actually speaks English. She tried to tell me that she spoke English & I informed her that she did NOT. After that, every time I'd call that agency to confirm a warrant and she answered, I'd hang up & call back until an English speaking person answered the phone. Then I'd follow through with the call as it if was my first time calling. It was much faster than dealing with that woman while the officer stood on the side of the road on a traffic stop or at a scene waiting impatiently for a confirmation to take someone into custody. Now that I've lived in another country, I'm a bit more patient with people in our country who don't know the language as well as I do ... but then again I didn't go get a job in Japan where I was answering phone calls from Japanese speaking people either. ;)

1. What is customer service?

Customer service is the assistance provided by a company to its customers before, during, and after a purchase. It includes addressing customer inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring customer satisfaction.

2. How important is customer service?

Customer service is extremely important as it directly impacts customer satisfaction and loyalty. It can also influence a customer's decision to continue doing business with a company and their likelihood of recommending it to others.

3. What are the key elements of good customer service?

The key elements of good customer service include responsiveness, empathy, clear communication, problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude. It is also important to follow up with customers and continuously strive for improvement.

4. How can I improve my customer service skills?

To improve your customer service skills, you can practice active listening, remain calm and empathetic, learn about your products and services, and be proactive in addressing customer needs. Seeking feedback from customers and training programs can also help improve your skills.

5. What should I do if I receive poor customer service?

If you receive poor customer service, you can try to address the issue with the employee or their supervisor. If that does not resolve the issue, you can reach out to the company's customer service department or file a complaint. It is also important to share your experience with others to bring awareness to the issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • JackieB999