• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Milk Chocolate Chips Ok in Chocolate Mousse?

L
lyneya
I have a Feb 9 kitchen show coming up and I wanted to test a recipe. I found the phyllo cups! Perfect and easy! (15 for under $2.00). I got lite cool whip, but regular cream cheese...has anyone tried light cream cheese?

Anyway, the reason I'm checking in is because I picked up milk chocolate chips, not semi-sweet. The night of we can get semi-sweet of course, but will it make much of a difference in the test run do you think? I'm visiting the friend on Monday, so I thought I'd bring a couple as a sample and would like them to be YUMMY! (Her daughter will eat the treats if nothing else!)

I'd love to hear any other possible variations on the mousse that people try. I think I will go for the cups with a sliced bit of strawberry garnish and maybe a little grated bit of chocolate on top. That's the plan if the host agrees! Any other nice little ideas for a pre-v-day party? I might demo the sugared petals too as a decorating tip...but I'm going to keep the demo pretty short since we're starting late and everyone already loves PC and owns more than I do!!!

I have not had good luck melting milk chocolate chips. The semi sweet melt perfectly but the milk chocolate chips clump and burn. If I were you I would stick with what the recipe calls for.

not a successI got the milk chocolate chips to melt just fine and added a little bit of cocoa to get it a little bit richer (remember this is test run partial batch). Both my husband and myself think it tastes way too much like cream cheese. Now I LOVE cream cheese, but apparently not in mousse.

So I'm back to square one. By the phyllo cups rock!! So maybe I can find something else fun to fill them with. :cool:

Here is my mousse recipe.
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup of mlk
1 tsp. of our Vanilla
1 sm box of instant choc fudge pudding.
Using a mixer, start mixing heavy whipping cream and slowly add milk and vanilla; then after about 2-3 mins slowly pour in pudding mix. Will thicken up quite nicely use easy accent decorator to put in cups. Top with a dallop of whip crm, use micro plan grater and grate choc chips over top or use julian peeler and make choc curls w/ a bar of choc. To finish garnish w/ a mint leaf, and looks and tastes wonderful.
I personally use won ton shells to make my cups, haven't tried the phyllo yet, maybe I should. I hope this variation is helpful, no crm chz. :D

Oh if you want you can still melt choc chips and drizzle choc over the mousse!!!

Thanks! I'll hang on to the recipe. This particular host is allergic to milk, so I'll probably save it for another party (or my own parties!). I know cool-whip has milk in it, but I wanted to limit the dairy so she could at least has a taste. So I've found a couple of options...including a really nice sounding Cappacino whip on the phyllo cups website! www.athens.com. :)

I like using the heavy whipping crm, but to use cool whip, here is the difference
1 tsp of vanila
1 container of cool whip
1 sm box of choc pudding works pretty much the same. :D

Non-Dairy?Isn't Cool Whip non-dairy?

Diane

This was in a recent conversation on here. Coolwhip no longer says nondairy. but it doesn't contain lactose.

1. Can I use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet in chocolate mousse?

Yes, you can use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet in chocolate mousse. However, the resulting mousse may be sweeter and have a slightly different flavor compared to using semi-sweet chocolate chips.

2. Can I use light cream cheese instead of regular in chocolate mousse?

Yes, you can use light cream cheese instead of regular in chocolate mousse. This will result in a lighter and potentially healthier version of the mousse, but may also affect the texture and flavor slightly.

3. Will using milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet make a difference in the taste of the mousse?

Yes, using milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet will make a difference in the taste of the mousse. Milk chocolate is sweeter and has a different flavor profile compared to semi-sweet chocolate, so the resulting mousse may be sweeter and have a slightly different taste.

4. Are there any other variations on chocolate mousse that I can try?

Yes, there are many variations on chocolate mousse that you can try. Some ideas include adding different flavors such as mint or orange, using different types of chocolate such as dark or white, or incorporating ingredients like nuts or fruit.

5. Do you have any suggestions for decorating the chocolate mousse for a pre-Valentine's Day party?

Yes, there are many ways to decorate chocolate mousse for a pre-Valentine's Day party. Some ideas include topping with sliced strawberries, grated chocolate, or whipped cream. You could also try using edible flowers or sugared petals for a festive touch. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Chozengirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
fikibiff
  • bnlgal