• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make a delicious and easy Microwave White Chicken Chili?

In summary, this recipe is very easy to make and has a delicious flavor. You can make it with boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts, depending on how much you want to spend, and it's also versatile enough to serve over macaroni or pasta.
chefann
Gold Member
Yum!!

HO mentioned this one from the stage at Conference. And I happened to take a pic of the SBRC page so I could make it.

Microwave White Chicken Chili

3 whole heads garlic (about 48 cloves), unpeeled
3/4 tsp salt, divided
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 poblano peppers
1 medium onion
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 Tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 cans (15.5 oz each) Great Northern Beans, drained
1 jar (16 oz) salsa verde

Using 5" Santoku knife, slice about 1/4 inch off pointed top of garlic heads to expose cloves. Place garlic cut side up in Classic Batter Bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt and 2 Tb of the oil. Cover batter bowl with lid, microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until garlic is soft. Set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, finely dice peppers using Santoku knife. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Combine peppers and onion in DCB. Trim and finely dice chicken thighs using boning knife. Add chicken, seasoning mix, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1 Tb oil to baker; mix well using master scraper. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Cover; microwave on HIGH an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Meanwhile, gently squeeze cooked garlic from heads into batter bowl. Discard skins. Mash using Mix 'n Masher. Add beans and salsa to batter bowl. Transfer bean mixture to DCB, mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until chili is heated through.

Yield: 8 servings (8 cups)

===
This would be a really good show recipe, although I'd have most of the chicken cut up before hand, along with half each of the onion and peppers. I served it over macaroni, with shredded cheese and sour cream on top.

OMG! Yum! Thanks, I was interested in making this!
You Rock Ann!:thumbup::D;)

This looked like a very good fall/winter show recipe.

I think it would be a great show recipe, as long as you prep a good portion of the chicken ahead of time. 1 1/2 pounds is about 6 thighs, and that's a lot of cutting. By making macaroni to go with it, you'll also show cookware, or you could make cheesy beer bread in a skillet (no, I haven't done it, but I can't imagine that it would be bad - and that would showcase the beer bread, too).It wasn't too spicy, although if you used a hot salsa verde, it could be. Here's what I spent when I went shopping for it. Please keep in mind that I shop generics/store brand when possible and usually I stock up on things when they're on sale. Sales would have made this less expensive.
2 cans beans (Meijer brand) @ 79¢ each = 1.58
Garlic, 3 @ 5 for 2.00 = 1.20
Poblano peppers, 2; .36 lb @ 2.99/lb = 1.08
Salsa verde (Meijer gold brand) = 2.99
Tyson boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1.44 lbs @ 3.54/lb = 5.10
Total = 11.95
That's $1.49 per serving.Pasta was a dollar for a 1 lb box (only used a portion of it), and I used 2 dollops of sour cream and a bit of shredded cheese that I already had in the house. I also didn't figure in the oil or salt, since those are pantry items and it uses so little. Oops- I had the onion at home, too. So add 50¢ for an onion. :rolleyes:
Pouring the chili over pasta would stretch it for larger families or for families with big eaters.Using boneless chicken BREASTS instead of the thighs would also reduce the cost, as those are frequently on sale for around $2 a pound. But the dark meat stayed very moist and added deep chicken flavor to the chili.

I used cooked chicken breast we'll see how it works out

I am making this as a demo for our meeting on Monday.

Is salsa verde the green stuff??

heat123 said:
Is salsa verde the green stuff??

Yes. (Verde means green.) It's made with peppers and tomatillos. There are several brands available in general supermarkets, although you may need to check the Mexican/Latino specialty section for one. One of the mass market brands is Pace - it's one of their "gourmet" salsas. The Meijer near me stocks some of the Pace items, but the verde isn't one of them (probably because Meijer has a really good store brand one). TJ's has a good verde, too.

1. What are the ingredients for Microwave White Chicken Chili?

The ingredients for Microwave White Chicken Chili include chicken breast, white beans, chicken broth, corn, green chilies, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt.

2. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with ground turkey, beef, or tofu for a vegetarian option.

3. How long does it take to cook Microwave White Chicken Chili in the microwave?

The cooking time can vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, but it typically takes about 10-12 minutes on high heat.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, this Microwave White Chicken Chili can be made ahead of time and reheated in the microwave or on the stove. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

5. Are there any additional toppings or garnishes recommended for this dish?

Some popular toppings for Microwave White Chicken Chili include shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, and chopped cilantro. You can also serve it with cornbread or tortilla chips on the side.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies