• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Size Microwave Is Needed for a DCB?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) is a versatile and convenient tool for cooking a variety of dishes in the microwave. It helps retain moisture and flavor, resulting in tender and delicious meals. When following a recipe, it is important to use the correct measurements and size of DCB. Metal utensils and foil should not be used in the DCB, as it can cause sparks and damage to the microwave. Cooking times may vary, but as a general rule, they can be reduced by 25%. The DCB is safe to use for cooking meat in the microwave, but it is important to follow proper food safety guidelines and ensure the meat is fully cooked.
luvlabs
Can someone tell me the measurements that the inside of the microwave needs to be for the DCB? Mine doesn't fit in my microwave and I want to use it at my shows but don't know what the measurements need to be.
TIA

I was told 13"x 13" x 7" tall

raebates said:
I was told 13"x 13" x 7" tall

That sounds about right. The DCB is 12 1/2" inches wide. I was hoping that a slightly smaller DCB would've been in the spring lineup. I can't believe how many people have microwave ovens that are only 12" wide.

1. What is the purpose of using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) in the microwave?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile and convenient tool for cooking a variety of dishes in the microwave. It is designed to help retain moisture and flavor while cooking, resulting in tender and delicious meals.

2. How do I measure ingredients for the DCB when following a recipe?

For best results, it is important to use the correct measurements when cooking with the DCB. When following a recipe, measure all ingredients using standard measuring cups and spoons. Make sure to use the correct size DCB recommended in the recipe.

3. Can I use metal utensils or foil in the DCB while cooking in the microwave?

No, metal utensils or foil should not be used in the DCB while cooking in the microwave. This can cause sparks and damage to your microwave. Use only microwave-safe utensils and coverings recommended for use with the DCB.

4. How do I adjust cooking times when using the DCB in the microwave?

Cooking times may vary depending on your microwave's power and the type of food being cooked. As a general rule, cooking times can be reduced by 25% compared to traditional cooking methods. It is important to monitor the food while cooking and adjust the cooking time as needed.

5. Is it safe to use the DCB in the microwave for cooking meat?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use for cooking meat in the microwave. However, it is important to follow proper food safety guidelines and ensure that the meat is fully cooked before consuming. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness, and always follow recommended cooking times and temperatures for different types of meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • lisa717
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dkitten13
  • Products and Tips
Replies