• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Melting Chocolate for a Show-Stopping Chocolate Bowl

In summary, we recommend using high-quality chocolate, such as dark or semi-sweet, for the best results when making a chocolate bowl. It is important to avoid using chocolate chips or candy melts as they may not melt smoothly. The best method for melting the chocolate is using a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water to ensure even melting and prevent burning. Tempering the chocolate is not necessary for molding it into a bowl shape, but can provide a glossy finish and crisp snap. Adding oil-based food coloring to white chocolate can create a colored chocolate bowl, but be careful to prevent the chocolate from seizing. The chocolate bowl typically takes 1-2 hours to set in the fridge, but can be sped
heat123
Silver Member
What's the best way to melt chocolate (the chocolate candy melts) if you don't have a double boiler? I think I need it to be pretty thin and runny to make a chocolate bowl with a balloon as the mold. (show stopper idea).

I use the Small Micro Cooker. 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, etc.

amya said:
I use the Small Micro Cooker. 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, etc.

I second that!

make a double boiler out of the ss bowl and a pot.

cmdtrgd said:
make a double boiler out of the ss bowl and a pot.

You just boil about an inch of water in the pot to do this, correct?

jenniferknapp said:
You just boil about an inch of water in the pot to do this, correct?

1-2 inches of water...depending on how long it will take...the water evaporates as well.

nikkijo said:
1-2 inches of water...depending on how long it will take...the water evaporates as well.
Hmm, interesting I will try both methods and see which works better, thanks!

Related to Melting Chocolate for a Show-Stopping Chocolate Bowl

What type of chocolate should I use for a chocolate bowl?

We recommend using high-quality chocolate, such as dark or semi-sweet, for the best results. Avoid using chocolate chips or candy melts as they may not melt smoothly.

What is the best method for melting chocolate for a chocolate bowl?

The best method is using a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. This will ensure the chocolate melts evenly and doesn't burn.

Do I need to temper the chocolate before molding it into a bowl shape?

Tempering is not necessary for molding chocolate into a bowl shape. However, if you want a glossy finish and a crisp snap to the chocolate, you can temper it before using.

Can I add food coloring to the melted chocolate for a colored chocolate bowl?

Yes, you can add food coloring to white chocolate to create a colored chocolate bowl. However, be sure to use oil-based food coloring to prevent the chocolate from seizing.

How long does it take for the chocolate bowl to set?

This depends on the temperature and humidity of your environment, but it typically takes 1-2 hours for the chocolate bowl to fully set in the fridge. You can also speed up the process by placing it in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
krisPC
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips