• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mediterranean theme

Feb 2, 2006
help my host wants hummis, oils, breads etc. she is having wine and other things. What is a mediterranean theme consist of??????

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
you could really do anything Greek, you could do a combo grilling/mediterranean theme and do the Greek Island Fish Packets (in Main Dishes) or you could do Mediterranean Patio Pizza (Main Dishes) you could also do the new Olive Salad and Roasted Garlic Spread (S/B S/S '06). You could also have our Basil Blend Canola Oil with Pita Bread to dip. When I think of Mediterranean I think of Hummus, olives, pita bread, lamb, and I am brain farting on the rest right now! I love Greek/Mediterranean food and we have nothing around here that is any good.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Feb 2, 2006
do u have the recpie for the patio pizza? i dont have the cookbooks yet except the casual cooking.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Another good recipe is the Meditteranean Cafe Salad. Yum Yum Yummy and it shows alot of products. The recipe is still posted on CC under themes.

ChefNic

Veteran Member
Jun 22, 2005
My husband is from istanbul Turkey... the home of shish kabobs and yogurt, anything Mediterranean! They are right next to Greece, and many of the Greek food is actually Turkish - long history of rivalry there! ...
Anyway I made the Mediterranean Orzo Salad from the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook, and he and his brother LOVED IT! Just don't over cook the veggies like I did! and use the Greek Dressing, not Italian - that's a different country! Different taste!
And fruit shish kabob's? with some yummy dip??

yummmm... i'm gettin' hungry!

R

RachelNguyen

The orzo salad was a huge hit in my house too. I made mine with roasted eggplant instead of asparagas because, inexplicably, my grocery store didn't have asparagas that day.

I am also a big fan of the mediteranean spinach and artichoke ring. It is has feta and red bell pepper and is done as a ring. It is always a HUGE hit at my shows.

I love greek, turkish, and middle eastern food. (Salivating thinking of lamb kabobs...)