• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Expand My PC Business with Effective Cold Booking Strategies?

In summary, the author has been in a slump for a year and broke even with a multi-level marketing company, but was not fun. The author started their own business in June and has qualified for $200 in PC Dollars, but has difficulty finding hosts. The author suggests events, wearing PC clothing, meeting people through their list of 100 contacts, and following up with customers.
smallfarmmom
I just came out of a year with a multi level marketing company which was semi successful...I broke even;) but was not fun. I started my PC business in June and have qualified and earned $200 in PC Dollars, so not a bad start. But my problem is where and how do I find hosts? It has been made clear that I cannot approach family and within the last year I met with all my friends about the other company, and some of them are still actively working the other business and some of them lost money because they just signed up and then sat there:( and the rest I don't feel comfortable approaching right now. I would rather them hear about my PC business and contact me, you know?

So how do I get "cold" bookings? I am getting some from my shows, but I would like more. My husband says give it time and at each show, I will meet more people...

Start with you list of 100 people. Then, I would try to attend any craft fairs, flea markets, anything I could. Also, wear PC clothing out and about and somebody will ask you about it. Pass out your business cards and catalogs to whoever you meet - even if you don't know them. Hope this helps - and good luck!

Try to find events to have a booth at like a County fair, Home & Garden Expo, school fair, Civic center event. Look for all kinds of things. You can find them through your Chamber of Commerce, newspaper, or from your director. Let him or her know that you would like to work a few and they should be able to put you in touch with any that may be going on in your area. Keep your eyes open! :)

Do a file search for 118 booking ideas and the list will come up, do a search for pc consultant in your neighborhood flyer post those around your area, or put them in the clear baggies with mini catalog in your neighborhood, try pampering businesses, try and find local craft fairs in your area. I hope that helps give you ideas?!

So if you qualified then you must have done a few successful shows if you earned all of those PC dollars. Did you ask all your guests if they would be interested in info about the business opportunity or if they would be interested in having a show? If you didn't ask everyone, then use the phone numbers that they gave you and make customer care calls. Sincerely ask them how they are doing, if they have used their products, if they have any questions or would like a recipe to try. Get their e-mail address so you can send them a monthly newsletter or recipe. Ask them if they would be interested in having a show. You could say "would you like to hear about our great hostess specials for the fall?" If they end up saying "no" to having a cooking show you can still offer a catalog show. All they need to get the host bonus is $150 in sales. I offered that to a guest who wanted the Salad and Berry spinner and she took me up on it. She had a $400 catalog show and a booking which was a $500 catalog show. 3 contacts a day, and customer care calls are the best way to go about the three contacts a day, in my opinion. Go for it!

I've been in a slump and couldn't get past my family and friends....sooo
I've been offering incentives to people (previous hosts and guests) to get me referrals for bookings.

Something else that is keeping me accountable. I made a 3 contacts a day log and I fill it in with a time frame for follow up. It's a great visual of how much I am getting out there and talking about what I do.

I make a point to attend "Mommy Meetings & groups" in my area, walk the mall with the baby with my tote and shirt on, go anywhere that there is a crowd. Offer to pamper any business that I have to visit. (Going to the pediatrician tomorrow and plan on offering it to the secretary.) Go INSIDE instead of the drive thru of your bank especially to deposit your checks. And something I'm going to start implementing tomorrow. I'm going to go to a different grocery store, different mall, different coffee shop...etc. Change your normal habits and you'll have a whole new group of Public to talk to.

I'm not the best at getting bookings, but I am really trying to make some of these changes to get better!

I only have one available week in September to have shows (boss is in Europe for 3 weeks! :cry: ) And in that last week of Sept I have three cooking shows and two cattys scheduled.
HTH

Be a Walking Billboard! Always have mini catalogs and business cards with you - and make sure you are handing them out! I have gotten pretty good (had to get over the comfort zone thing first!) at just passing out the mini catalogs to people. Yesterday we were at Costco (I've gotten some great leads at Costco!) and an employee was sitting outside on a ledge on a break. I passed her on my way in, and just handed her a catalog, and said "here you go- something to look at while you are enjoying the weather!".......I make sure my complete info is on EVERYTHING I hand out - most importantly my website!!! I just got a Sept. Booking from someone who found my business card on a community bulletin board.
Your DH is right though - it does take time....the more shows you do (and it sounds like you do have shows) the more exposure you will have to new people and new bookings.

Thank you for the ideas. I do need to get out there. I live in the country so I don't have a neighborhood to walk around to drum up business and we homeschool so I don't have a school as a resource for potential hosts. But, I do have...Walmart, children's choir, piano lessons, the shows I have booked, accountant, pediatrician, dentist, referrals... we're going to the zoo today & I just got my catalog tote yesterday!!

I made a cold contact today at the zoo! I will follow up with her Sat or Sun!

Good for you, keep up the great work!

Knock on doors! When I moved, I started knocking on neighbors' doors, introduced myself and my kids (we looked for play mates as well) and asked if they were familiar with PC. I held my own open house with the people I was just meeting. I also asked if they would be willing to gather friends together so I could "try out" my new recipes on them as I needed as much feedback as I could get. (if they could do this within a week or 2 I brought the ingredients) I also found neighborhoods that looked inviting and knocked on their doors as well.

Also, contact the people whom you do business with - bank tellers, dentists, doctors, hair stylists, the list is endless!

I also have trouble with starting up a conversation with strangers and giving them a book or business card. However, I was in the grocery store the other day picking up meds at the pharmacy and a lady came in and sat down to wait on her prescription. I was already talking with the pharmacy cashier and gave her a business card so I turned and gave the other lady one too. I only had one book with me so I gave it to the lady b/c the pharmacy girl was called away from the register. When she came back, she wanted to if I had another book. I went back yesterday but she wasn't working so I'll go back on Monday. I can get in touch with her and her name was on her tag but what about the other lady. She didn't know me and I didn't want to ask for her name and number in the middle of a grocery store. She has my info but I've never had anybody contact me from that. How could I have asked for her info without being tacky or pushy. She didn't seem to have ever heard of Pampered Chef. She had been in a wreck and was in a lot of pain so I didn't want to go into great detail.

1. Where do I start with Pampered Chef?

The first step to starting with Pampered Chef is to become a consultant. You can sign up online or contact a current consultant for more information. Once you have signed up, you will have access to training materials and resources to help you get started.

2. How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you can either contact a consultant or sign up online to host a virtual party. The consultant will guide you through the process of choosing a date, inviting guests, and preparing for the party. You can earn free and discounted products as a host.

3. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, receive discounts on products, and connect with a community of like-minded individuals. You also have access to training and support from the company to help you grow your business.

4. Do I need to have cooking experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need to have cooking experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. The company provides training and resources to help you learn about the products and how to use them. As long as you have a passion for cooking and willingness to learn, you can be successful as a consultant.

5. How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through a consultant, either by attending a party or placing an order directly with them. You can also purchase products online through the company's website. As a consultant, you can also purchase products for yourself at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bearhall04