• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Catalogs and Incentives Should You Prepare for a Vendor Show?

In summary, the expert recommends having catalogs, mini catalogs, wedding registry, price list, and order forms available at the booth. They also recommend entries in P3 and following up with out of the box calls.
welch628
I'm doing a vendor show next week that averages 2500 people. How many catalogs, mini catalogs, wedding registry, etc information do you think I should have on hand? I know I should give out the mini catalog if someone asks for one. What incentives (if any) do you all offer to get people to place orders at vendor shows? Should I have everything ship directly to their homes (charging them more for shipping) or have it all come to me ($4.50) per customer for shipping. Sorry so many questions. This is my first time, and I'm a little nervous about the number of people. Any other suggestions you have would be great! Thank you!!!

The other stuff is up to you but I hardly ever have anyone take information from me. I do keep some on hand. I hand out mini catalogs to everyone who asks and recipe cards to EVERYONE!! Get them in their hand even if they are just walking by and don't stop. Shipping depends on you. Generally if they live in my town I will do the regular shipping and hand deliver their products. But depending on how many orders you get that might not be possible.

When I do vendor events I "raffle" off the host free product and current host special to everyone who places an order. I've always received enough orders (even at very small events) to turn in a show that evening so I just have my daughter randomly pick two of the names out of a hat. Then I call them and tell them that they can add those things to their order. I don't give them a choice about what they get, I just give the first name the free product and the second name the special.

I always bring about 10 clipboards that have order forms and pens already on them. Plus I bring extra order forms to replace them as I go. I keep them under the table, ready to go. For catalogs, I don't bring many, but I do take one apart and put it in plastic sleeves in a binder at the front of the table. I also print out the price list (just type 'price list' in the search box of CC). I've felt so silly before when customers ask how much something costs and I have to search through a catalog, I find the price list is a little more professional and discreet.

Most important is just be yourself and be friendly. Say hi to everyone that looks your way and smile!! :)

Good luck and have fun!

I delivered products once, and that was back when gas wasn't as high. I spent hours delivering this stuff, not to mention the expense. It also was impossible to coordinate one big delivery trip since people weren't home at the same time. I didn't feel comfortable just leaving items on doorsteps. My advice is to direct ship orders unless you see they live nearby. Even then, just 5 or 6 orders could take 5 or 6 separate trips, depending on people's schedules. Just make sure to follow up with out-of-the-box calls.

The main thing from fairs is getting bookings, anyway. Although it is nice to get a show where you can get the host benefits out of it:D

My other advice is to enter contact info into P3 as soon as you can and put a note that you met them at this event. A few years down the road, you will thank yourself for doing that!

Great advice everyone! Thank you so much!

dme.grant thank you so much, very helpful tips!

1. How do I find vendors for my big vendor show?

To find vendors for your big vendor show, you can reach out to local businesses, search online directories, and ask for referrals from friends and family. You can also utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook groups, to connect with potential vendors.

2. How many vendors should I have at my big vendor show?

The number of vendors you have at your big vendor show will depend on the size of your venue and your target audience. It's recommended to have a good mix of vendors representing different products and services, but not too many that it becomes overwhelming for attendees.

3. How can I make my big vendor show stand out?

To make your big vendor show stand out, consider offering unique activities or workshops, providing special discounts or promotions, and having a variety of vendors with different products and services. Additionally, creating a visually appealing and well-organized event can also make it stand out.

4. How can I effectively promote my big vendor show?

To effectively promote your big vendor show, you can use a combination of online and offline marketing tactics. This can include creating a Facebook event, sending out email invitations, distributing flyers or posters in the local area, and reaching out to local media outlets for potential coverage.

5. What should I look for when selecting vendors for my big vendor show?

When selecting vendors for your big vendor show, consider their target audience, the quality and uniqueness of their products or services, their professionalism and communication skills, and their past experience with similar events. It's also important to have a diverse mix of vendors to appeal to a broader audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • welch628
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • jkowalski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies