• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales at Fairs: Do Catalogs Still Play a Role?

usually...give out catalogs if people ask for them. I try to print a flyer that highlights the benefits of being a consultant and put it in the catalog. I also have wedding registries and other information posted where people can see it. I also have a binder with catalogs on the table so that people can't take them home and throw them away. I also keep mini-cattys around so that people can get a good idea of what they will get if they book a show.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Do you all think it is necessary to hand out catalogs at a fair? I have a small fair that I am participating in this weekend. I only have a few catalogs left and I am not really in the position to buy more fall catalogs. Plus I am afraid I will be stuck with them. Would it be bad if I just had a few on the table for them to place orders?

I never give out full catalogs at shows...unless they are old ones. I try to print some sort of flyer that maybe highlights the host benefits. I have wedding registy flyers to hand out and have the host and guest specials for the next few months posted where people can see them. I keep a catalog that I've put in a binder on the table so each page is protected otherwise if they see catty's they ask for catty's. If they do ask I have them fill out a drawing slip and mail them one. Of course, after the fair I try to call them first to try for bookings and to make sure they really want a catty. If they don't really seem interested I don't send it. One question to ask..What products specifically were you interested in getting more info about? If they don't have an answer I think they were just asking to have a catalog so you leave them alone. Good luck at your fair.

What about the mini cats? Just make sure your info is on them somewhere.

Great idea about the binder. I think I am going to give that a shot.

I wil occasionally give a full catalog or offer to give them one if they will give me their mailing address I can't afford to give one to every person to take home and through in the trash - The mini-cats are great

I give out mini catty's at the fair booths and that always has my info on it. I make up a tri fold display board and on it I list the benefits of being a consultant, the host specials (and benefits) for the present and next month, different theme shows I do, wedding registries, and I also paste a few recipe card sto it to give it some color. This way, if I'm talking to someone, others can look at what they will get if they book a show. Just some ideas. I also put confetti in the quick stir pitcher and pump it while people walk by and it gets their attention. Hoep all goes well for you! But if you have old catty's.......save them ......you never know when you'll be doing a booth!

sillylittlechef said:
I never give out full catalogs at shows...unless they are old ones. I try to print some sort of flyer that maybe highlights the host benefits. I have wedding registy flyers to hand out and have the host and guest specials for the next few months posted where people can see them. I keep a catalog that I've put in a binder on the table so each page is protected otherwise if they see catty's they ask for catty's. If they do ask I have them fill out a drawing slip and mail them one. Of course, after the fair I try to call them first to try for bookings and to make sure they really want a catty. If they don't really seem interested I don't send it. One question to ask..What products specifically were you interested in getting more info about? If they don't have an answer I think they were just asking to have a catalog so you leave them alone. Good luck at your fair.

This is what do too. My guest catalogs are also in binders. Works great.

gratergirl said:
I give out mini catty's at the fair booths and that always has my info on it. I make up a tri fold display board and on it I list the benefits of being a consultant, the host specials (and benefits) for the present and next month, different theme shows I do, wedding registries, and I also paste a few recipe card sto it to give it some color. This way, if I'm talking to someone, others can look at what they will get if they book a show. Just some ideas. I also put confetti in the quick stir pitcher and pump it while people walk by and it gets their attention. Hoep all goes well for you! But if you have old catty's.......save them ......you never know when you'll be doing a booth!

I love this idea. I need to put a tri-fold together for my next fair.

I only give a catalog if they give me their information. Otherwise, I set old catalogs on the table that are free for the taking. I have a bunch from Spring/Summer 2006 that I will be giving away on Saturday!

This is a great way of getting rid of old catalogs. I've attached what I put on my old catalogs.

Attachments

• Though the date on this catalog may be old.doc
    35 KB · Views: 291
I did a huge fair last fall and have been on both sides of this. I really wanted a Tupperware catalog and she wasn't handing any out. I don't really see the point of her being there if I still have to track down her website, etc. On the other hand, I was in the PC booth and gave out over 200 catalogs. I got two orders...

I think the most important factor at fairs is getting the drawing slips filled out! Have a drawing for something that draws people in. Have a few catalogs available for on the spot orders, but another option is you can have half sheets of bright paper with your website and ordering instructions so they can see the products online. Depending on when you do the fair you could say that you don't have catalogs because they are about to change and they can be the first ones to see the new stuff by logging on or hosting in March!

Very good point, Gillian! Like the website flyer idea. Mentioning a new catalog usually does promote interest in booking!

Don't let the name of the file fool you. There are coupons on all sorts of things. Each page is different. Make sure you change my info to yours!

I hand these out at fairs, maybe with mini-cats, depending on the crowd. If they have those goodie bags full of info, brochures, etc, use a little piece of double sided tape to attach a chocolate kiss or other piece of little candy so it stands out!

Attachments

• WeddingRegistryCoupons2.pub
    859 KB · Views: 271
Dizzie do you have this in Word? I don't have Publ. Does anyone know how to convert the two?

1. Do I need to bring physical catalogs to fairs or can I just use digital ones?

While digital catalogs can be a great supplement, it's always a good idea to have physical catalogs on hand as well. This allows customers to easily browse and flip through the pages, and also gives them something tangible to take home and refer back to. Plus, some customers may prefer physical catalogs over digital ones.

2. How can I use catalogs to attract customers to my booth at fairs?

One effective way to use catalogs to attract customers is to display them prominently at your booth. Consider creating a colorful and eye-catching display with your catalogs, along with some of your most popular products. You can also offer discounts or special promotions for customers who mention seeing your catalog at the fair.

3. Are there any specific strategies for using catalogs to increase sales at fairs?

One strategy is to have a "catalog station" set up at your booth, where customers can sit and browse through your catalogs comfortably. You can also use catalogs to create "bundles" or sets of products that customers can purchase together at a discounted price. Additionally, make sure to have your contact information and a call to action (such as "Shop now!" or "Book a party!") prominently displayed in your catalogs.

4. Can I customize my catalogs for different types of fairs or events?

Yes, you can customize your catalogs to cater to different types of fairs or events. For example, you can create catalogs specifically for holiday fairs that highlight seasonal products or gift sets, or for health and wellness fairs that focus on healthy cooking and meal prep. This shows that you are tailoring your offerings to the specific audience at the fair and can help attract more customers.

5. How can I use catalog sales to generate future business after the fair is over?

After the fair, you can follow up with customers who purchased from your catalog by sending them a thank-you note or email, along with a special offer or promotion for future purchases. You can also include a catalog in any follow-up correspondence, reminding customers of the products they saw at the fair and encouraging them to shop again. Additionally, consider offering catalog parties or virtual parties for customers who may want to host their own events and share your products with their friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSteph06
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cat
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • DeeisPampered
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies