• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing ROI: The Impact of Website Investment on Lead Generation and Sales

In summary, if you want your business to grow, you need a website. It is cheap, and you can get leads and sales from strangers on your website.
PChefCharlotte
I think it's the frugal diva in me but I just can't bring myself to spend the $$ on a website.i wasn't fortunate enough to earn the free site during my first 90 days so I need to pay for it all upfront. How many leads and sales do you get from strangers on your website?

It's a part of being professional. If you want your business to grow, you need a website. It will grow with the amount of effort you put into it. It's cheap

I love my website and find it an invaluable tool! Once you learn how to market it and use it to your advantage, you'll discover it's worth the investment.

Do it! I get very few leads and sales, but it makes life for the hosts so much easier, and they do get some sales via their shows online. Also you can keep track if they have sent out evites, etc. Plus don't forget you can write it off on your taxes.... so it can be helpful that way too.....

Give it try for 6 months and see how it works for you. You can always drop it.

Sando

oh.. and I forgot to add that I got my very first recruit April 1st via an online order through one of my hosts.....PRICELESS!

If you are serious about your business and want it to grow, then, yes, you should get the website.

I only got a few orders off mine when I had it (that was my fault for not pushing it enough)...but for times when someone needed to see a catalog and I didn't have a chance to get them one, I could always direct them to MY website. I did not have to worry about them going to someone else's website and ordering.

I did finally stop mine since I am phasing out my business. But there are times I still wish I had it.

I believe the only way to have guests order from the outlet and you get commission is to have the website.(?) We, as consultants, can order from CC, but not sure if that counts as commissionable sales. I am thinking not since the prices are slightly reduced for us through CC. Maybe someone can clarify.

Plus, it is always nice to use the tools it offers...from the host letter to evites. And, I think there are more tools now.

At Spring Launch they talked about "making it easy to do business with you". In this day and age a website would make it easier because so many folks are used to shopping online, your information is up there 24/7, and if you use the newsletter feature it is a breeze to stay connected.

Do it, at least the 6-month subscription. To echo what has been said - it makes you look more professional, hosts love the e-vites, you can see that they've sent the e-vites and how many people they're inviting, if they do a wishlist you can see what's on it and coach them to reach their goal, it makes online ordering easy for shows, the e-newsletter will help you stay in touch with people who just might decide it's time to book, and after a while your customers will realize they don't have to order with a show. HO does all the work for you in terms of scripts and photos.

That all being said, if you're a hobbyist doing an occasional cooking show or catalog show, it may not be worth it. If you're looking to consistently have shows, then it's worth it. If money is tight, save upcoming commissions for it.

I just got a $244 order from a past customer of mine...so it works...market it and it will work. Plus, if you really work with your hostesses to utilize it and they put in the guest email addresses, those are all contacts for you in the future in your customer connection part of the site...its like your host is doing your contact work for you to build your base...priceless

Holy smokes, kreaser! I just noticed your best show was 14,524!! Is that a typo? :D Care to share how you did that?!?

Sandi

thanks for the input everyone. I will probably put my april commission towards a 6 month, just to try it. And kreaser, yes, please share how you did that 14k!! I wouldn't mind the commission on that! lol

I should also share that I signed up 5 years after the only PC show I attended as a guest because the e~newsletter reminded me that I had an interest all the years ago. i was impressed that my recruiter was still doing it, saw that it was now a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate and the time was right.

To those who asked about my 14,000 show..yes that is correct..not a typo. I actually did a show for a girl (her mom, actually). The daughter was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer at age 13. Friends of the family contacted me and asked if I could do something PC related to raise $$. We did a kick off info show with some moms and then they wanted to pursue it further. I was asked to extend it out into the school system. These families sold 14,000 worth of PC. We did it as a regular show instead of any type of fundraiser. We gave the over $3,000 worth of product to the family..they used a lot of it for gift baskets that were raffled off at later fundraisers then. She also was able to fill her kitchen with the much needed products. They are a family of 7. I also donated more than 1/2 of my commission to her and we had a business match those funds....lots of work but very worthwhile....

I had a website for a few years, but cancelled it after yet another friend ordered from what she thought was my website, but it had timed out and gone to the corporate site. I just tell people to look at the .com company website and I call them later to get their orders over the phone. I'm very part time, and my hosts don't use computers much, so it did not make sense for me.

kreaser, that's great about your fundraiser show!

I definitely recommend having a website! Try it for 6 months and decide whether to renew. I just received a $624 online order and I don't even know this person. I am assuming she found my name through a friend or through my catalog. I promote the website on all correspondence and anytime I edit a document that I will be sending email, I make sure I check the hyperlink to ensure that it will forward to my web site. Paying the money for the site is an expense that I can justify for sure!

I just received a $624 online order and I don't even know this person.

That's cool. I take it you don't get HO referrals?
Other consultants in my area I am sure were delighted when they got my friends' orders.

I'm as frugal as it gets, but I happily pay $180 for my annual subscription with premium tools. It isn't just the orders I get from leads, but the connection I keep from shows over 11 years ago. Many times I'll get "You might not remember me, but I was at a show __ years ago. I think I want to become a consultant." Or "I was looking for a consultant and my sister recommended you. She gets your emails (from a show 11 years ago." BTW this host signed up last month and is bringing 2 recruit leads to our meeting tonight.

My outside of the show Online sales were low last year because I listened to my sister and only sent an email once or twice a month rather than once a week like I did for years. My online sales dropped almost $1,000 to only $3111. I still made $933.

I have a post-it near my screen that says "Ignore Diane - Send out email" At the minimum me listening to bad advice cost me $200.

After paying the fee I still made $753! This does not include any shows, sales to my monthly online show or recruits that came because I sent emails.

Not owning a website would mean my interested guests would be doing business with someone else. Keep in mind I still use the phone to really stay connected with my favorite hosts. But, I've had over 1,200 shows. I can't call even the hosts once a month and keep my sanity. I tell people you want to be on my customer list because if something happens with your products I'll help you the best I can. I'll also be able to stay in touch and let you know when there are special deals and new recipes.

That is why I love my Pampered Chef website. It pays off bigtime!!

I just got an order in which I thought was spam, but decided I would reply to it and treat it as a customer in case it was not spam. It was a random e-mail with a table of each item number the item and how many of each this person wanted for this so called wedding for her sister. I am like, they had the time to get the item number, all the items listed, plus how many they wanted how would they not know how much it would cost. Well Turns out the "SPAMMER" is actually a real person who wants to direct ship to her sister. She wants to mail me a cashier check to pay for everything and get the order shipped out in a timely manner once the payment is settle. So this $500 SOME DOLLAR ORDER is a real deal. I am trying to recruit this person, or atleast get it to be an even bigger show so this person can also benefit themselves as well as pamper the sister in GA. I do not get home office leads but this is truely a blessing. MUST BE A SIGN I AM MENT TO EARN FREE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION SO I CAN GO. :)

Rita, I got the exact same e-mail! It all seemed a little fishy. "She" asked for my address to send the payment, so I gave her a P.O. box address (there was NO way I was giving out my home address in this situation,) and told her the order would not be placed until payment had been made and cleared. She gave me her "sister's" address and said she was on vacation in Aruba but would have her husband send a cashier's check out tomorrow. I sure hope no one falls for this and places an order without payment!!!

DARN IT TO HECK......was hoping I got lucky. Same exact e-mail I did get tonight as well..... SHOOT but glad I thought it spam and not jump out of my seat thinking I would be rich this month, although it would be nice..... :D
Thank you for sharing, cause I think we both are scammed. BUMMER

Related to Maximizing ROI: The Impact of Website Investment on Lead Generation and Sales

What does "Is It Really Worth It?" mean?

"Is It Really Worth It?" is a common question used to question the value or importance of something. It is often asked when someone is considering whether or not to invest time, money, or effort into a certain action or decision.

Why do people ask "Is It Really Worth It?"

People ask "Is It Really Worth It?" when they are unsure about the potential benefits or consequences of a certain action or decision. They may also ask this question when they are trying to weigh the pros and cons of a situation.

Is there a simple answer to "Is It Really Worth It?"

There is no simple answer to "Is It Really Worth It?" as it ultimately depends on the individual's values, priorities, and circumstances. What may be worth it to one person may not be worth it to another.

How can I determine if something is really worth it?

Determining whether something is really worth it involves considering the potential benefits and drawbacks, weighing them against your personal values and priorities, and making a decision based on your own judgment. It may also be helpful to seek advice from trusted individuals or do thorough research before making a decision.

Can something that is not worth it become worth it?

In some cases, something that may not seem initially worth it can become worth it over time. For example, a job that may not have a high salary or seem fulfilling at first can become worth it if it provides opportunities for growth and leads to a fulfilling career. However, this can vary greatly depending on the individual and the situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yummybytes
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • cmdtrgd